Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: ready to give up weekday drinking? page 27

JeffC is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by excursivey View Post
    Just checking in. I did have my wine over the weekend, and enjoyed it. But I'm happily back to the weekday routine today. I'm sort of enjoying a feeling of release over this now. It's sort of hard to explain. When we first started it seemed like I was missing something by not having wine every night, like I wasn't allowed or was being punished or something. It feels different now. Maybe like folks who describe not binging anymore? I feel more in control. Very satisfying.
    +1, I feel the same way. I'm sure it is easier to lose weight and sleep a bit better too.

mikebinkley is offline Junior Member
    I hope to get to the "release" stage. It definitely feels like deprivation still.

PrimalFreedom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebinkley View Post
    I hope to get to the "release" stage. It definitely feels like deprivation still.
    The only way out is "through". Hang tight and continually ask yourself what do I really want (i.e. a minute of peace, an escape from life, etc.)...you'll really learn a lot about yourself and the pull booze has on us
    True freedom is the ability to live in a way that is all life giving, not clouded by anything that contaminates body, spirit, or mind.

My journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread86444.html;)

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Just seemed like eventually it clicked. Plus I'm not trying to make sure I'm perfect. I've had at least 2 "slip ups" since we started this, well one was 4th of July weekend so not exactly a slip up but a LOOOOONG weekend. I just decided not to beat myself up and get back on the horse. Went to Costco on the way home. Gonna have friends over for dinner this weekend so I got the wine. Figured it would be a nice test to have it in the house and see what happens. Usually if there was wine here I would drink it. But I think I'm good.
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Hi Gang-
    So,2 nights ago – busy day yesterday, couldn’t post - my hubby and I finished a bottle of wine from the weekend (1 glass each). He suggested it. I started the glass at dinner and finished it on the front porch with him 2 hours later….not bad.
    I drank to spend time with him…not for the buzz! Definite progress! We have 2 small children and put on a movie and stole 20 minutes on the front porch of alone time. This happens 3 times a YEAR…too infrequent.
    True freedom is the ability to live in a way that is all life giving, not clouded by anything that contaminates body, spirit, or mind.

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalFreedom View Post
    Hi Gang-
    So,2 nights ago – busy day yesterday, couldn’t post - my hubby and I finished a bottle of wine from the weekend (1 glass each). He suggested it. I started the glass at dinner and finished it on the front porch with him 2 hours later….not bad.
    I drank to spend time with him…not for the buzz! Definite progress! We have 2 small children and put on a movie and stole 20 minutes on the front porch of alone time. This happens 3 times a YEAR…too infrequent.
    Nice! I realize this is gonna sound like the most cliched suggestion of all time but maybe you guys need a dedicated "date night"? Like once a month or every two weeks or something? Even if all you do is sit on the porch together.

Not much to report for me except the wine I got for the weekend IS STILL THERE!
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

nikitakolata is offline Senior Member
    Just seemed like eventually it clicked. Plus I'm not trying to make sure I'm perfect. I've had at least 2 "slip ups" since we started this, well one was 4th of July weekend so not exactly a slip up but a LOOOOONG weekend. I just decided not to beat myself up and get back on the horse. Went to Costco on the way home. Gonna have friends over for dinner this weekend so I got the wine. Figured it would be a nice test to have it in the house and see what happens. Usually if there was wine here I would drink it. But I think I'm good.
    I feel like things have clicked for me as well. I went about 3 weeks with zero alcohol, which was a long stretch for me. Prior to that I was having wine almost every nigth and always had an extra glass or 2 the nights my mother in law stayed with us because she makes me SO uncomfortable.

Now I'm doing the no weekday drinking thing. So far it's been easy. I actually doubt if I'll drink anything on Friday, either. I just don't feel like I need it as much. It's nice.

Edited to add: This is espeically amazing because my house has more booze in it than a bar. We make homebrew and we have a 2 tap kegerator in our family room. We also have a 50 bottle wine fridge built into that bar as well as every type of hard liquor you can imagine. It's nice to be able to look at the bar and think that it looks nice yet feel no immediate need to break into one of the bottles/kegs.

primaltreehgr is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like a great idea, I stopped drinking during the week at the beginning of summer. I find I enjoy a cocktail on Friday and sometimes on Saturday. . . it is easier to make good eating choices when you are not buzzed!

spk
    spk is offline Senior Member
    When that deprivation monologue starts in the head, it helped to know there were people here on this thread who'd understand and just kinda, push you back upright and say "it's ok to just start over". Finding the balance is nice.

I can't say I don't think I want a drink on weekdays, since stress drives it for me. But boy a nice icecream instead, during this summer, has been nice!!

Nice! I realize this is gonna sound like the most cliched suggestion of all time but maybe you guys need a dedicated "date night"? Like once a month or every two weeks or something? Even if all you do is sit on the porch together.

Not much to report for me except the wine I got for the weekend IS STILL THERE!
    Tell me about it. I'm currently trying to talk my husband into skipping my 6 year olds soccer game as my hubby's mom had kindly offered to take my sis to soccer for us Friday night and watch them afterward...Free Babysitter! How can you refuse!!!???

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast