Page 26 of 41 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: ready to give up weekday drinking? page 26

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I did pretty well during my 30 day stomach healing thing. I drank eight times in 30 days which is about the same as being a weekend drinker.

I rarely get hangovers. I don't drink much red wine because I get a headache before I get a buzz. So wine is just a "with food" kind of thing. Clear spirits are pretty kind to me. Generally a big glass of water and I'm good to go. I almost wish I suffered more because I think it would be a deterrent.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

PrimalFreedom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I did pretty well during my 30 day stomach healing thing. I drank eight times in 30 days which is about the same as being a weekend drinker.

I rarely get hangovers. I don't drink much red wine because I get a headache before I get a buzz. So wine is just a "with food" kind of thing. Clear spirits are pretty kind to me. Generally a big glass of water and I'm good to go. I almost wish I suffered more because I think it would be a deterrent.
    Is the stomach healed?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    True freedom is the ability to live in a way that is all life giving, not clouded by anything that contaminates body, spirit, or mind.

My journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread86444.html;)

Paleobird Guest
    I went out dancing the other night and found a good system. If you tell them you are the designated driver, you get free non alcoholic drinks all night. (Don't know if this is just a California thing but worth checking out).

Then you have something in your hand, a soda and lime or an iced tea, so you don't feel like a social weirdo. And. It's. Free.

The thing about drinking is that it really gets expensive at $6 a drink. I would rather spend that money on some good meat.

So, marshall your inner cheapskate and it will be good for curbing the booze intake too.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalFreedom View Post
    I'm thinking I might start limiting on the weekends, like "only 3 drinks "...anyone found success with this?
    I never did.

I just found myself using a BIGGER wine glass or making my cocktails 1/2 & 1/2 in a 16oz tumbler.

So 8 ounces Jack Daniels and 8 ounces coke.

I definitely applaud those that can have a glass of wine with dinner and that be it. Or a glass
    right after.

Sadly, I'm not one of those, never have been and never will be.

Not sure how long my wagon ride is going to last.

We have less than 30 days of summer left here before the rigmarole of school begins.

I'd like to be able to enjoy one last bender before it all comes to an end (bender
    in my sense of the word, not an all out blowout drunk-fest as some see that word
    to mean), but I really don't want to suffer the consequences (if any) or start up
    that hankering.

Anyway, no cravings for it or anything, just talking out loud.

I'll probably just keep on keeping on, because in the end, THE BOOZE WILL ALWAYS
    BE THERE.

It's not going anywhere.

Julia

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalFreedom View Post
    Is the stomach healed?
    It feels like it. Anchovies don't make me vomit now. LOL. Since it was very non-scientific, and I never got the jar of anchovies that made me vomit tested, I can't be sure. I ditched anything that comes from the sea for 30 days, tried to ditch coffee (6 cups in 30 days), alcohol, and pretty much lived on rice, lamb, avocados, bananas, and at the end some grass fed beef.

I missed fish so much that on day 31 I think I ate two cans of sardines in rapid succession. heh.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

mikebinkley is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for starting this thread. I am late, but am in.

I love craft beer and have 1-2 on weekdays, 2-3 on weekends. It's too much and I know I need to cut back.

Trying to figure out how to cut back while keeping up my home brewing hobby. Sigh.

Mike, welcome!....ummm...I had to realize I had to take a hiatus from baking for bit when I was getting my feet wet in this...now I bake primally, or am learning.
    Point is, you will be able to keep the hobby, but obviously, assisting to be routines, etc. Will be a little challenge.

No worries. We're here!

True freedom is the ability to live in a way that is all life giving, not clouded by anything that contaminates body, spirit, or mind.

Mike, welcome!....ummm...I had to realize I had to take a hiatus from baking for

Mike, welcome!....ummm...I had to realize I had to take a hiatus from baking for

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Just checking in. I did have my wine over the weekend, and enjoyed it. But I'm happily back to the weekday routine today. I'm sort of enjoying a feeling of release over this now. It's sort of hard to explain. When we first started it seemed like I was missing something by not having wine every night, like I wasn't allowed or was being punished or something. It feels different now. Maybe like folks who describe not binging anymore? I feel more in control. Very satisfying.

Also 1st tarantula of this year on my porch this evening. Surprise!
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Page 26 of 41 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast