Page 22 of 43 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: ready to give up weekday drinking? page 22

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Holy crapballs excursivey! That is freaking awesome!!! WOW!

Meh, one glass, ONE GLASS, I know it doesn't coincide with abstinence,
    but one glass is so trivial compared to ONE bottle or ONE and a HALF bottles.

I touch this with my magic wand and deem it didn't happen, but the win-win sure
    did.

Congrats!

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post

I touch this with my magic wand and deem it didn't happen
    Hee hee, love that.

Well being as last night was Friday night I enjoyed a few glasses of my favorite white (it's too flippin hot to drink red here in the summer) and based on my week decided to cave to my old favorite pizza cause I didn't want to cook and I hadn't had it in like 6 months. They seem to have changed the crust, which was a bummer and really not good, but it will make it pretty easy not to order again.

The crazy thing is I hit 135 lbs this morning FOR THE FIRST TIME IN LIKE FIVE YEARS!!!! I know it's sorta water but still!! My goal was to hit the 130-135 range permanently. I'm getting there...
    Last edited by excursivey; 07-14-2013 at 11:14 AM.
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Yay! 135 again this morning!
    Breathe. Move forward.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by excursivey View Post
    Yay! 135 again this morning!
    Well done!
    I really think that overdoing the booze is a spot where a lot of Primal peeps are undoing their good progress and shooting themselves in the foot.
    It's like two steps forward and three steps back.

I've decided I'm pretty much completely booze free except for the legitimately *occasional* occasion of my best friend's wedding or something like that. Maybe a few times a year.

PrimalFreedom is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE=excursivey;1251090]Yay! 135 again this morning![/QUOTE

Awesome! Anyone drying out today to make huge progress this week?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    True freedom is the ability to live in a way that is all life giving, not clouded by anything that contaminates body, spirit, or mind.

My journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread86444.html;)

Tee
    Tee is offline Senior Member
    Just ran across this thread and am going to join it. I been doing decent on eating but the drinking part has been getting in the way the past few months. So as of today only drinking one day per week with a limit of three drinks. Here goes....

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I really think that overdoing the booze is a spot where a lot of Primal peeps are undoing their good progress and shooting themselves in the foot.
    It's like two steps forward and three steps back.
    Yep, I think you're right. I still really enjoy a few glasses on my patio with the dog. I think it gets back to what SBHikes said about 'Me time'. But I am finding that just doing it on weekends is quite satisfactory. I may cut back further when it gets to be winter. Less about the cold and more about early darkness. Course then it's tempting to have a glass of red in front if the fire. Anyway this is way better than every night.
    Breathe. Move forward.

PrimalFreedom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tee View Post
    Just ran across this thread and am going to join it. I been doing decent on eating but the drinking part has been getting in the way the past few months. So as of today only drinking one day per week with a limit of three drinks. Here goes....

Welcome. Stay focused. First days challenging. Remember you're creating new pattern. Old pattern will resist, but persevere! We're all here for you!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    True freedom is the ability to live in a way that is all life giving, not clouded by anything that contaminates body, spirit, or mind.

My journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread86444.html;)

Paleobird Guest
    From the "Alcohol Manifesto" over at the whole9 site:

THE ALCOHOL MANIFESTO

Consumption of alcohol provokes an unhealthy psychological response by reducing inhibitions—thus making it all the easier to make poor food choices when under the influence of even small amounts of alcohol. Furthermore, the effects on the brain carry over until the next day, which means a drink or three on a Friday night may lead to a weekend’s worth of junk food. And remember how sugar is “empty calories”? Alcohol is nearly twice as calorie-dense, with no micronutrition to speak of.

From a hormonal perspective, alcohol consumption interferes with glucose regulation (disturbing normal blood sugar levels), in part by disrupting the action of regulatory hormones like insulin and glucagon. That disruption can promote systemic inflammation, a root cause of many lifestyle diseases and conditions. In addition, acute and chronic alcohol consumption are also known to alter some reproductive hormone levels.

Alcohol, even moderate amounts, has been shown to alter the balance of gut bacteria, potentially contributing to dysbiosis. Since the delicate balance of gut bacteria have a tremendous impact on our overall health, anything (including alcohol consumption) that disrupts that balance can impact long-term health in a negative way.

Finally, alcohol is acutely neurotoxic, even in small amounts, altering the normal activity of your nervous system, causing damage to nerve tissue, and disrupting or even killing neurons, the cells that transmit and process signals in the brain and other parts of the nervous system.
    I just poured out the last of my booze cabinet today.

OneDeltaTenTango is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by excursivey View Post
    Yep, I think you're right. I still really enjoy a few glasses on my patio with the dog. I think it gets back to what SBHikes said about 'Me time'. But I am finding that just doing it on weekends is quite satisfactory. I may cut back further when it gets to be winter. Less about the cold and more about early darkness. Course then it's tempting to have a glass of red in front if the fire. Anyway this is way better than every night.
    Is your dog on-board, or does he still want that drink or two every day?

Page 22 of 43 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast