Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: ready to give up weekday drinking? page 2

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalFreedom View Post
    The next thirty I'm shooting for a lot less. Also notice my resolve to start primal with my foods is weakened considerably as well when I drink
    Yeah, I noticed that too. The other day when out at an oyster bar that has "happy hour" prices on raw oysters (yum), as soon as I had a cocktail, having the breaded and fried calamari also started to sound like a good idea. It wasn't.

I'm down to about once a month.
    Greatly helping is the fact that I can't drink wine anymore for some reason. Perhaps the sulfates? In any case, even a glass or two of what used to be my favorite red now makes me feel yucky for about 24 hours. Didn't even get a buzz but got the hangover. How much fun is that?
    Last edited by Paleobird; 06-18-2013 at 12:27 PM.

Zen11 is offline Member
    I've noticed the same thing, it takes much less to make me feel the effects of alcohol, and I wake up with hangovers even when I don't drink enough to get a buzz. Theoretically that should make it easier to cut back...

paleodog is offline Member
    That is a great goal! I have been Primal since January and have successfully (for the most part) given up weekday drinking and even most weekend drinking. I was only a wine drinker though.
    During the week in the evening with dinner when I typically want that glass or two of wine I have found decaf coffee after dinner serves to quench the desire (mostly) for the wine and the "sweet thing" that I often crave for a desert.

That being said I must say that I sometimes fall off the wagon but do not beat myself up about that too much. I am mostly obedient to myself these days.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    This is a good idea. I have been sort of doing this for a while now, at least a month or two. But lately I've been having a single glass of wine during the week a few times. You can count me in. No wine tonight.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

Jefferson1775 is online now Senior Member
    I enjoy drinking both by myself and with my friends. I can't give it up yet...but I'm going to try drinking less beer and more wine.
    In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

PrimalFreedom is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE=paleodog;1226898]That is
    During the week in the evening with dinner when I typically want that glass or two of wine I have found decaf coffee after dinner serves to quench the desire (mostly) for the wine and the "sweet thing" that I often crave for a desert.

Great idea!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    True freedom is the ability to live in a way that is all life giving, not clouded by anything that contaminates body, spirit, or mind.

My journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread86444.html;)

TinaJefferson is offline Senior Member
    This is a good thread, came at the right time. I literally just dumped a bottle of wine down the drain. No booze is good!

StupidFatHobbit is online now Senior Member
    I think I may try this. I have temporarily given up beer starting a few months back but I still have a stubborn spare tire plateau thing going on. I usually have a glass or two of dry red wine every night. Perhaps I will reduce that to one night a week and see if it helps.

Steak without a hearty red is just kinda boring though…

Sol blackcat is offline Senior Member
    I'm in too, I'm already starting my 8th day sober today after twenty years of serious alcohol abuse. I also Give in to the cravings of eating poorly when drinking. For me it was either all or nothing, moderating would not have worked for me, unfortunately.

I have only just joined and started a thread in "meet and greet" titled "heavy drinker" just a few days ago and had lots of responses and some brilliant advice, it's well worth a read.

Best of luck mate, and enjoy your weekends.

Sol.

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StupidFatHobbit View Post
    Steak without a hearty red is just kinda boring though…
    Feel your pain on this! But I mostly only have time to grill a steak on the weekends so I hope I'll be good.
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast