Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: ready to give up weekday drinking?

Paleobird Guest
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalFreedom View Post
    The next thirty I'm shooting for a lot less. Also notice my resolve to start primal with my foods is weakened considerably as well when I drink
    Yeah, I noticed that too. The other day when out at an oyster bar that has "happy hour" prices on raw oysters (yum), as soon as I had a cocktail, having the breaded and fried calamari also started to sound like a good idea. It wasn't.

I'm down to about once a month.
    Greatly helping is the fact that I can't drink wine anymore for some reason. Perhaps the sulfates? In any case, even a glass or two of what used to be my favorite red now makes me feel yucky for about 24 hours. Didn't even get a buzz but got the hangover. How much fun is that?
    Last edited by Paleobird; 06-18-2013 at 01:27 PM.

I've noticed the same thing, it takes much less to make me feel the effects of alcohol, and I wake up with hangovers even when I don't drink enough to get a buzz. Theoretically that should make it easier to cut back...

That is a great goal! I have been Primal since January and have successfully (for the most part) given up weekday drinking and even most weekend drinking. I was only a wine drinker though.
    During the week in the evening with dinner when I typically want that glass or two of wine I have found decaf coffee after dinner serves to quench the desire (mostly) for the wine and the "sweet thing" that I often crave for a desert.

That being said I must say that I sometimes fall off the wagon but do not beat myself up about that too much. I am mostly obedient to myself these days.

This is a good idea. I have been sort of doing this for a while now, at least a month or two. But lately I've been having a single glass of wine during the week a few times. You can count me in. No wine tonight.
    Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

I enjoy drinking both by myself and with my friends. I can't give it up yet...but I'm going to try drinking less beer and more wine.
    In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

[QUOTE=paleodog;1226898]That is
    During the week in the evening with dinner when I typically want that glass or two of wine I have found decaf coffee after dinner serves to quench the desire (mostly) for the wine and the "sweet thing" that I often crave for a desert.

Great idea!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    True freedom is the ability to live in a way that is all life giving, not clouded by anything that contaminates body, spirit, or mind.

My journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread86444.html;)

This is a good thread, came at the right time. I literally just dumped a bottle of wine down the drain. No booze is good!

I think I may try this. I have temporarily given up beer starting a few months back but I still have a stubborn spare tire plateau thing going on. I usually have a glass or two of dry red wine every night. Perhaps I will reduce that to one night a week and see if it helps.

Steak without a hearty red is just kinda boring though…

I'm in too, I'm already starting my 8th day sober today after twenty years of serious alcohol abuse. I also Give in to the cravings of eating poorly when drinking. For me it was either all or nothing, moderating would not have worked for me, unfortunately.

I have only just joined and started a thread in "meet and greet" titled "heavy drinker" just a few days ago and had lots of responses and some brilliant advice, it's well worth a read.

Best of luck mate, and enjoy your weekends.

Sol.

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by StupidFatHobbit View Post
    Steak without a hearty red is just kinda boring though…
    Feel your pain on this! But I mostly only have time to grill a steak on the weekends so I hope I'll be good.
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...