Page 19 of 41 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: ready to give up weekday drinking? page 19

spk
    spk is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by excursivey View Post
    Soul sista! (I think sista?) Once a year (you know, like Halloween) I'll basically dig into a bag of that til I think I'm gonna puke...
    yep - sista w/ candy corn. Tho' I only eat it when I find it lost in the back of a friends kitchen, many months old, so that it's just disgusting enough to keep me from eating too many.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimalFreedom View Post
    Anyone finding drinking not as fun as it used to be?
    Agreed. With respectful use, (respectful of its poisons and of my health), it can be quite pleasurable. But that's the trick, right?

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Yep, totally not as fun as it used to be.

Even when it was JUST my husband and I hanging out in the garage all
    night, blasting music and playing darts until 3AM, that was fun.

Now the kids want to play with us, but they SUCK at darts and I get way too
    frustrated WAITING for them to shoot, then miss, then try again that I just
    stop playing.

WAH! 44yo throwing a tantrum.

Sitting on the couch, watching TV and drinking a bottle of wine is boring as all
    get out. And that's what we've been doing the past eon passage of time. Snore.

I'll pass, and "save it" until we either go out, or the kids MOVE out.

Bwahahahahaha! They're 8 and 11, soooooo, unless they emancipate themselves. . . . nyuck, nyuck.

It's funny though, we live at the bottom of a very long court. They have electric scooters, bikes,
    electric go karts, skates, roller blades, skateboards, regular scooters, etc. You name it, my kids
    have it.

But where would they rather be? Flanking myself and my husband, wanting to do what WE'RE doing,
    even if it's just sitting in folding chairs on the driveway! GAH!

Reminds me of when I moved out when I was 18 - got myself a 6 week old black lab lickety split.

Everyone told me I'd have to find a place with a HUGE YARD for that dog.

And I did. I lived in shithole after shithole (total of moving 13 times in 16yrs) so I could
    keep my dog and she'd have somewhere to frolic around day after day.

But yanno, in the end, dogs, like children, couldn't give six shits what they have or how big
    the yard is. They want YOU YOU YOU, at ALL TIMES.

We could have lived in a cardboard BOX and the dog would have been happy.

Same with the kids.

So all y'all with no dogs or kids yet, there's some l'arnin' for you. DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE!

Okay, rant over, so yeah, back to drinking... not so much fun anymore.

Mix in the care of kids, and, well, it's not like anyone can get stupid shitfaced lampshade on
    the head drunk anymore anyway. Gots to be responsible yanno! Kid may need to be rushed
    to the ER at 3AM!

ASKMEHOWIKNOW

grumble, grumble....

Julia

PrimalFreedom is offline Senior Member
    Julia...thanks a mint for the reality of drinking with kids ( I.e. how lame being loaded and engaged with alcohol over engaging with kids/life). Totally hit me and I ordered water instead of another beer...love this community!!:thumbup:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    True freedom is the ability to live in a way that is all life giving, not clouded by anything that contaminates body, spirit, or mind.

My journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread86444.html;)

Ok...one last post: did the "fake drink" thing: tonic water, a splash of Orang juice, Orange slice, and a splash of red wine so the drink looked like a wine spritzer. It worked! The questions fun others were appeased!!!!

True freedom is the ability to live in a way that is all life giving, not clouded by anything that contaminates body, spirit, or mind.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Hey cool! Double high five for you!

I still ain't drunkded anything, but, um, I ate two pop-tarts in a row and a f*ckton of
    bbq flavored corn nuts.

Crunchy goodness right there, and the pop-tarts, meh, tasted good, but now I'm a bloated
    fat whale.

Hoping to deflate by morning!

Julia

For me, anyway, I have to realize there is an element of "if I'm giving up drinking in this situation, I'm going too be rewarded or allow myself to eat______"

I started primal because, as my screen name indicates, there are elements and habits of my life i want freedom from:
    1. Sneak drinking or binge drinking, essentially drinking to make an ordinary day with my awesome kids (i genuinely mean that) more "tolerable"' honestly, I think the drinks were to numb me to not absorb the negative attitude my stressed hubby bright home (which was accompanied by one criticism agree another of me). Drinking helped me disconnect from this and let it all roll of my back: a survival technique you could say.

#2. Sneak and binge eating. For.years I've turned to food to stuff/"express feelings". I've heard the more you open your mouth, the less you'll open it to eat". I work daily on this, but am making significant progress.

Logging on my fitness pal.keeps me honest.

I guess I tell you all this because these are my two struggles. I'm working on both to have a life of honesty, freedom, and joy!

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Don't have a lot to add at the moment having read the last few posts from everybody. A lot of food for thought just reading this thread though.

I don't have kids and am alone right now, so, well, if I'm drinking or doing anything it's pretty much alone, lots of times in front of the TV. Jeez does that sound pathetic. It is what it is though. So I've been giving a lot of thought to how to change the situation, like joining a gym or...not sure what. I am not sure what this has to do with drinking specifically, more like my life has hit a kinda flat spot and I want to take steps to move off it. I feel like the good thing, regarding the drinking, is that it hasn't felt like a big deal to give it up on the "school nights" since I started with this thread. Like I'm in it with all you guys so it's easier. Bleh, I'm rambling...
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

I am not sure what this has to do with drinking specifically, more like my life has hit a kinda flat spot and I want to take steps to move off it. I feel like the good thing, regarding the drinking, is that it hasn't felt like a big deal to give it up on the "school nights" since I started with this thread. Like I'm in it with all you guys so it's easier. Bleh, I'm rambling...
    Why don't you start a thread "how can a single person add more spice to life?" Maybe get ideas of how to explore finding out what hobbies you even like. This MDA is a very helpful and open community

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Maybe I should. I'm sort of a chicken but I'll think about it. Thanks for suggesting it for sure!
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Maybe I should. I'm sort of a chicken but I'll think about it. Thanks for suggesting it for sure!
    Reach out! Do one thing everyday that scares you!

Last edited by PrimalFreedom; 07-06-2013 at 08:52 PM.

Page 19 of 41 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast