Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: ready to give up weekday drinking? page 18

spk
    spk is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Primal Freedom - you started a great thread here and set the tone by being really welcoming. Whatever happens, it will work out ok! You know how good you feel now; if you choose to imbibe, you just start back over and know how good you'll soon feel. OR you take a breath during the partying and smile and have a 'new' experience where drink doesn't make it fun for you.

Have a great 4th everyone! I will be surrounded by 1,000's of drunk people that all come to my neighborhood for the fireworks. One year we found 2 inebriated British Columbian boys on the roof and had to help them climb down. Lets see how this year goes...

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    SPK, your 4th of July sounds like Halloween around my house - people are BUSED in
    to my neighborhood for the candy. What?

Anyway, for those of you who think you can't get through a holiday without booze, you can.

Not saying you have to fight yourself to do it, because if you WANT to cuz it's fun, I say
    go for it, but if you really don't want to and you're fighting with yourself and throwing out
    reason after reason TO do it but deep down you still don't want to, it's possible not to.

When I was dry for a year, in, what, 2007? I went to my 20yr high school reunion SOBER.

STONE COLD SOBER.

First off, I HATED my graduating class and everyone in it. I loved the class of 86 (year ahead of me)
    and the class of 88 (year below me), but MY class of 87 was filled with a bunch of bullies and people
    who really thought their shit didn't stink.

I wasn't even PLANNING on going, was even vehemently against it, but then my best friend said that
    she was going and that I HAD to go with her. God. Also, another friend of mine, a DRINKING buddy dude
    friend, who was ALSO dry at the moment went too.

Well, needless to say, it was the disaster I thought would be, but a smidge entertaining. Everyone of course
    was 20 years older, and HAMMERED. Making complete fools out of themselves. I know it was supposed to be a
    fun night and all but come on now people, we're almost 40, do you HAVE to get that drunk? Guess so. I mean
    that's what we/they did in HS anyway, right?

My friends and I lasted an hour and then we left. It was just too drunk tank. And, it was really hard NOT
    to join in and do 10 shots JUST to get through the night. I couldn't BELIEVE I didn't, but I didn't want to waste
    my wagon ride on those people. Which, mysteriously and funnily enough, were my BEST BUDDIES when they saw
    me. "Oh Julia! OMG! HI!!!!!" Yeah, people, we weren't friends in high school, but now we are because you're
    drunk? Right. Fools.

Anyway, just my little anecdote for the day.

Not trying to be high and mighty or virtuous sounding because IIIIIII haven't had anything to drink in
    so long, I'm just tellin' stories, cuz I know how hard it is NOT to drink in social situations.

So! Carry on and have fun no matter what you decide!

Julia

spk
    spk is offline Senior Member
    InSearchofAbs -- oh do I hear you!! Same at my 20th. Didn't want to see but maybe 4 people and when I arrived a couple hours after the bbq they were toast and utterly inebriated. Took the pressure off of me to have a sane conversation, hehe.

I found a bag of candy corn in a friends kitchen the other day. That stuff is like crack to me.

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    I found a bag of candy corn in a friends kitchen the other day. That stuff is like crack to me.
    Soul sista! (I think sista?) Once a year (you know, like Halloween) I'll basically dig into a bag of that til I think I'm gonna puke...
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Quote Originally Posted by excursivey View Post
    Soul sista! (I think sista?) Once a year (you know, like Halloween) I'll basically dig into a bag of that til I think I'm gonna puke...
    I loathe candy corn with every fiber of my being, but I can do the same
    thing with Snicker's Minis.

However, the down side is that I NEVER feel like puking.

I could eat those things until my stomach fills up all the way to my
    THROAT and then my mouth, and STILL not feel ill.

I am a garbage disposal for chocolate.

Julia

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Oh my 20th reunion. Got hit on in the bathroom. I would have gone for it too if I hadn't brought a man with me. I don't remember doing much drinking, either. Great times.

Going to have some pinot griggio tonight I think.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Fourth of July doesn't count as a weekday right?

Read for content, Neckhammer - we've already been through this once.

PrimalFreedom is offline Senior Member
    So I've been without the thread arrive Wednesday when I dropped my phone in the toilet...lol!!!!
    Wednesday night my family trekked 7 hours to my awesome, I mean that, in laws...drank half a big bottle having fun adult time. Good lesson on day #1.

Spent yesterday wanting to not feel hung over (though I did get a nice 45 min. Walk in).

Sooo instead of spending the day drinking, I ate lots of non primal foods...anyway, after a good night's sleep, I feel awesome today...very primal and energetic!

So ooo missed you guys!

Anyone finding drinking not as fun as it used to be?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    True freedom is the ability to live in a way that is all life giving, not clouded by anything that contaminates body, spirit, or mind.

My journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread86444.html;)

PrimalFreedom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by excursivey View Post
    Btw, candy corn is crack!!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    True freedom is the ability to live in a way that is all life giving, not clouded by anything that contaminates body, spirit, or mind.

My journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread86444.html;)

Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast