Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: ready to give up weekday drinking? page 17

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalFreedom View Post
    Anyone ready to pray their vacation plans to handle/keep control over drinking?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    I think I'm finally to the point where I don't give a shit anymore.

Usually that only takes about 14 days of white knuckling it, but this time it took
    longer.

I have zero cravings for wine, even after taking my kids to the beach yesterday and
    spending every.waking.moment with them and then them fighting every second from
    about 4pm on.

Didn't even need any N/A beer. Weird.

So, 4th of July should be a breeze. Not that we're having a party or seeing friends or
    anything, but usually it'd be an excuse to belly up to some cocktails.

Though, I HAVE learned that drinking on special occasions or holidays backfires. I usually
    would start too early, or drink enough to make me TIRED, so that never worked...

My husband's birthday is 12/31, and if I ever started at 5pm, you could be damn sure I'd
    be in bed NOT ringing in the new year at 12am. HA! So I stopped drinking on his birthday,
    not worth it.

So July 4th should be easy. It's mysteriously my husband's favorite holiday, as he gets
    to be a kid again and set off some illegal fireworks. I swear, the show goes on for an hour
    while I'm drooling out of one side of my mouth with boredom. Kids love it though. I like it
    for about 15 minutes and then, well, I'm 44, ya see one firework and you've seen them all...
    zzZZZzzZzz.

Excursivey - yes, it's so nice to get rid of the clutter. And as you can tell by some of the dates
    on some of the crap in my house, it's been about that long since I've ever done it. Like since
    I moved out of the house at 18. That's a long time to keep freaking crap. Today I'm finishing up.
    Only have the kitchen left and two bathrooms and then I'm done. Total, I'm up to about 20 bags
    of recycling and 11 bankers boxes of shredding. Not to mention the side yard that is still full with
    about 10 yards of BIG STUFF to go in a bin. It's going to be great when it's all over. A place for everything
    and everything in its place, FOR REALZ!

Also, I'm very sorry to hear about your husband I'm sure it's incredibly hard without him.

And though we're just a buncha strangers on an internet board, we're here for you, so feel
    free to talk about him any time!

Julia

OneDeltaTenTango is offline Senior Member
    Question for clarification: given that the 4th is on Thursday and many people will take Friday off, that makes it a four-day weekend, right?

I have been doing reasonably well on weekend only imbibing. An occasional mid-week glass of wine when socializing.

Absolutely a 4 day weekend in my book.

OneDeltaTenTango is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
    Absolutely a 4 day weekend in my book.
    Well a 3-day week of abstinence should be easy for me!

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I'm taking Thursday off, then going in to work on Friday. I'll probably be the only one on the entire campus.

I'm to the point now where I don't even want any wine or anything. What I really want is a spicy V8.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 175 x 3. Current Deadlift: 225 x 3

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post

And though we're just a buncha strangers on an internet board, we're here for you, so feel
    free to talk about him any time!

Julia
    I really DO appreciate it. He died in November of 2010 so it's been about 2 and a half years. I guess I'm doing as well as can be expected. When he was sick he made a big point of telling me he wanted me to live my life when he was gone. And if I try to imagine if it had been the other way around I wouldn't have wanted him to just give up so I do my best to keep going and try to be happy. It is hard on "special" days like that though.

All that said, I think I'm getting "in the habit" of the not drinking on weekdays. I feel like there's been a subtle shift where I don't really think about having wine on those nights just cause "that's not what we do" now. I hope that makes sense. And then it feels like just relaxing and enjoying a treat on the weekend.
    Last edited by excursivey; 07-02-2013 at 08:27 PM.
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

PrimalFreedom is offline Senior Member
    I'm so sorry about your hubby...yes, we all care

True freedom is the ability to live in a way that is all life giving, not clouded by anything that contaminates body, spirit, or mind.

My journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread86444.html;)

PrimalFreedom is offline Senior Member
    I to want to say my cravings are nearly extinct, minus tonight had the last glass of wine in a bottle while packing for our weekend away.

...wanted to fess up.

I'm nervous about visiting my in laws, in the party we.drink a lot . Its perfectly acceptable to not drink, and since I gave a 3 and 6 year old I could.certainly play the mom card. I just stint want to end three weekend with regret and backslide on all the primal progress I've made with feeling good, weight loss.

Please help with encouragement ;-)

True freedom is the ability to live in a way that is all life giving, not clouded by anything that contaminates body, spirit, or mind.

My journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread86444.html;)

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Hang in girl! Remember it's just like the eating, if you go off the path you just get back on and keep going...
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

I feel you PF... my mother in law comes to visit twice a year for 10 days at a time.

That woman is 74 years old and drinks ME under the table.

Every.Single.Night is drunk tank night.

Back when she was more spry, she used to come out FOUR times a year for 10 days.

Good times, good times, but I'm pretty sure I needed a cooler of "replacement livers"
    when she left. Oy.

Hang in there indeed! You can do it!

Julia

Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast