Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: ready to give up weekday drinking? page 15

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
    Diane: Has it been humid in Santa Barbara too?

Julia
    That's what they say. On Saturday I rode my scooter without a jacket. Yay! I love that! I spent the day in a shady redwood grove playing music. Then I took a long nap. I didn't notice humidity. Today, Sunday, I went for a morning hike. Oh my god I was sweating so much! It was hot and not terribly humid but just enough to notice. I'm used to single-digit humidity! But at least it was another good scooter weather day.

Quote Originally Posted by seashells View Post
    Okay, I'm in. Lurking here certainly inspires me to go all teetotaler, but it"s such a social part of my life. I play Irish music, sessions on Tuesdays, performing and getting free drinks on the weekends, drinking is a part of my routine.
    I miss the sessions we used to have. I was terrible at it (flute), but I loved the music so much. Our session is gone now so I play old-time instead. I've slowly but surely learned to play the fiddle little-by-little attending the jam. Today I suddenly played Hennessy's on my fiddle. Damn, now I get what "fiddle tunes" means. So much easier than the flute.

I had a glass of wine on Saturday night. It was so hot and there it was in the box in the fridge (nothing but the best for us!) It really didn't taste good at all. I was sorry I drank it. I had lemonade instead today. Much much tastier.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

seashells is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I miss the sessions we used to have. I was terrible at it (flute), but I loved the music so much. Our session is gone now so I play old-time instead. I've slowly but surely learned to play the fiddle little-by-little attending the jam. Today I suddenly played Hennessy's on my fiddle. Damn, now I get what "fiddle tunes" means. So much easier than the flute.
    It seems there is a session somewhere close by everywhere I go- why do I think you're in Santa Monica? I know it's a drive, but have you been to The Ould Sod in San Diego? That's a good one. I don't know Hennessy's but ill learn it in case I ever see you in a do.

seashells is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bifcus View Post
    Hey, my DH has a three week leave pass, starting next week. The plan is to stay clean for whole time. Already laying in stocks to see me through - extra coconut oil and cream, frozen prawns, bacon... Plan is to spend time cooking and exercising instead of the usual weekend wine. If I can survive the first two nights by myself, the rest will be much easier.
    That'll be a good start. Hubs and I just got in from sushi and yeah I had the sake, but I didn't get tipsy- so does it still count?

nikitakolata is offline Senior Member
    Well, it's been 2 full weeks for me now, alcohol and caffeine free. I've been to a lot of social gatherings. They are a little less fun without alcohol, but not horrible. The real challenge will come next weekend while camping since there's really nothing else to do; I won't be able to distract myself by making jewelry or painting a room or any of the other things I typically do as a distraction.

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Well. This doesn't have anything to do with anything. But you guys are nice people so I think you'll understand. Today would have been my dear husband's 46th birthday. I miss him quite a bit. I'm not sure what this has to do with drinking because I don't feel more or less compelled. Did I spell that right? It just is what it is... I did have wine tonight with the steaks I cooked for his birthday. He was an awesome cook and I have made myself learn how to cook a damn fine steak on the grill he left behind.
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    I gave it up about four months ago.

No sugar or alcohol in any material amounts anymore. Much better results in the gym, that's for sure.

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    I'm not cutting back... but I drink maybe two glasses of wine a week. Not a heavy drinker.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by excursivey View Post
    Well. This doesn't have anything to do with anything. But you guys are nice people so I think you'll understand. Today would have been my dear husband's 46th birthday. I miss him quite a bit. I'm not sure what this has to do with drinking because I don't feel more or less compelled. Did I spell that right? It just is what it is... I did have wine tonight with the steaks I cooked for his birthday. He was an awesome cook and I have made myself learn how to cook a damn fine steak on the grill he left behind.
    So sorry you lost him so young.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

miniGrokette is offline Member
    Oh boy I can relate! I'm on summer break in college right now and two weeks ago drank five days out of the week! I decided that I'd deal with my fear of missing out by going out and not drinking. I have to tell you, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. No one even really seemed to notice because I still included myself in dancing, conversation, and the frequent cheers! Jus try it once and maybe you won't mind going out without drinking that one or two weekdays a week.

PrimalFreedom is offline Senior Member
    What is DH?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    True freedom is the ability to live in a way that is all life giving, not clouded by anything that contaminates body, spirit, or mind.

My journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread86444.html;)

Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast