Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: ready to give up weekday drinking? page 14

FarmGal417 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Okay, I'm in...drinking way too much almost every night. I like the idea of still having a drink on the weekends (and for me this will be Fri and Sat nites) Really glad you started this thread as this is something that I've been thinking about for quite some time.

I also like the timing...starting something on the 1st of the month...so here goes. I'll keep in touch and let you know how it goes.

Already talked to DH and asked him please do not offer to pour me a glass of wine. He has better control that I do.

Linda

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    I actually didn't succumb last night.

I've been gutting my house for about two weeks.

Going room by room, getting rid of 23 years of clutter and "oh I might need that some day"
    stupid shit.

I've shredded 8 banker's boxes of cancelled checks and other lame stuff starting from about 1989,
    and have filled and disposed of 16, twenty gallon bags of recycleables. Not to mention
    filling our side yard with BIG stuff that I actually need a dumpster for.

The reason I'm typing this all out, for the reason I didn't drink last night, is because my husband
    got home from work at 3:30, sat on his ass and did NOTHING while I cleaned the kitchen.

The kitchen hasn't been tackled yet as one of my jobs and is FREE TO ANYONE to HELP clean it,
    so that kind of pissed me off. Mostly because it's perpetually dirty and my husband is usually a
    really good helper.

So, all the BACK BREAKING WORK I've been doing, all day every day for 2 weeks straight and him
    coming home and sitting on his ass was irritating enough to NOT drink with him because of course
    he totally WANTED me to.

Hmph. TAKE THAT.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Yeah, yeah, I know I only would have been hurting myself if I drank, but y'all get it.

I've got a buncha N/A beer lined up for tonight! Hotter than F*ck today in San Jose,
    they better chill to perfection come 5pm.

Julia

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    It's always feels good getting rid of clutter. I always feel like a giant weight has lifted off me when I do that stuff. Good on you!
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    I should.....but..... Dogfish Head just came out with my favorite summer ale.... Festina Peche.

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
    I actually didn't succumb last night.

I've been gutting my house for about two weeks.

Going room by room, getting rid of 23 years of clutter and "oh I might need that some day"
    stupid shit.

, is because my husband
    got home from work at 3:30, sat on his ass and did NOTHING while I cleaned the kitchen.

The kitchen hasn't been tackled yet as one of my jobs and is FREE TO ANYONE to HELP clean it,
    so that kind of pissed me off. Mostly because it's perpetually dirty and my husband is usually a
    really good helper.

Julia
    Heh sounds like mine everyday, unless I start vacuuming and then he shows up and takes over. I just wish he'd just do it withou a "prompt."

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Well, I'm sorta in. I just noticed this started about a week after I started my own little experiment to heal my gut after a bad reaction to a food I've eaten all my life.

So first week: No alcohol at all; no coffee at all.
    18 days total: Three cups of coffee, a couple of glasses of sweet vermouth (all those herbs make it a digestiv, dontcha know) , and a couple of Tropical Drunken Goat Herders (goat milk, banana, rum).

So, as usual, I'm not 100% compliant about anything - even my own plan.

It was easy to stop drinking beer when I moved here because it's stupidly expensive if you don't drink Bud or the other $10/case beers. Red wine was also easy because even just a glass or two (and quality doesn't seem to factor in) does result in a headache the next day, or even sometimes while I'm drinking it. Not a fan of white wine unless it has bubbles.

Clear distilled spirits are my nemeses. And I've learned some stuff.

• Cheap gin = devil's piss. I.e., I will wake up with the feeling of spikes in my head and eyeballs.
    • Moderate to good gin = tastes better and no hangover. Lest one thinks one needs vermouth for the perfect martini, I've found that just whispering the word "vermouth" over the (very chilled) glass will suffice.
    • Cheap vodka = no hangover, but was starting to rip up my stomach. My palate is pedestrian, so I can't really tell much difference in cheap and good when it comes to vodka.
    • Tequila (I like silver) = tastes good and no hangover. Therefore, for me it's dangerous. Lime or salt you say? Nope - I love the taste and don't want it diluted. Must minimally be 100% agave, but I'm no snob on the brand name.

My "sorta in" really just means that I probably won't consign drinking just to weekends, but I am trying to go four to six days between drinks.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

PrimalFreedom is offline Senior Member
    okay so last night I was up till midnight working on a big presentation for Monday. didn't have a drop to drink and to be honest thought about it but didn't have a huge hankering.

so instead to keep me awake I ate nearly half a jar of peanut butter.... progress not perfection....

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    True freedom is the ability to live in a way that is all life giving, not clouded by anything that contaminates body, spirit, or mind.

My journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread86444.html;)

seashells is offline Senior Member
    Okay, I'm in. Lurking here certainly inspires me to go all teetotaler, but it"s such a social part of my life. I play Irish music, sessions on Tuesdays, performing and getting free drinks on the weekends, drinking is a part of my routine. Plus the glass of wine For The Chef, since I do the cooking.

Anyway, I had three glasses of wine at a play last night and had a bit of single malt scotch when I got home and have that dried out tired feeling- not headachy, or stomach-achy, just eyeballs this side of raisiny.

I like the tips in this thread. And I love soda water with lime. I`d like to come here and hold myself accountable to others. Also, my husband is going out of town for a week soon. I can see myself either being very strict and clean or going completely the other direction.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

PrimalFreedom is offline Senior Member
    Julia...I have totally noticed an increase in motivation to tackle projects I've been meaning to great side effect from not drinking daily ....awesome!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    True freedom is the ability to live in a way that is all life giving, not clouded by anything that contaminates body, spirit, or mind.

My journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread86444.html;)

Bifcus is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seashells View Post
    Also, my husband is going out of town for a week soon. I can see myself either being very strict and clean or going completely the other direction.
    Hey, my DH has a three week leave pass, starting next week. The plan is to stay clean for whole time. Already laying in stocks to see me through - extra coconut oil and cream, frozen prawns, bacon... Plan is to spend time cooking and exercising instead of the usual weekend wine. If I can survive the first two nights by myself, the rest will be much easier.

Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast