Page 13 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: ready to give up weekday drinking? page 13

Incindiary is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Welp. I helped myself to a couple of beam and Cokes last night.

Husband called late afternoon to give me the joyful news the the A/C crapped out, and it was 94 degrees in the house. And, could I please stop at the store and get him some Coke?

I made the executive decision to buy the Beam to go along with it. But, I kept the drinks relatively weak and felt just fine this morning.

I actually felt guiltier about drinking the Coke than I did the booze. Tonight it's B-day maragritas! Woohoo!

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Yesterday, I way way overate at lunch. So I had no dinner. I went out after work and came home at 7. Normally if I was skipping dinner, I would have found that a perfect reason to have wine instead. Had no wine. Asked myself, are you actually hungry? Answer: no. Okay then, nothing needs to be consumed.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 210 x 3

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    I admit I'm having a little conundrum. Am going to be off work tomorrow unexpectedly having some junk installed at my house. So, early weekend. Been doing really well so far. Kinda want to have wine tonight...
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Totally almost caved yesterday.

11yo woke up with a screaming ear ache and was crying pretty much
    hysterically about it (this child does not cry AND has a high threshold
    for pain), so I knew it was serious.

Called the pediatrician and what time could they get me in? 7:30 that night.

WHAT?

My child is in PAIN here people, keep the snot nosed kids in the waiting room,
    I'll throw you my 20 dollar co-pay so you can write me a scrip. Seriously. I was
    LIVID.

Took him to urgent care, which was empty, but still took an hour, then to the grocery
    store to have the scrip filled, which took forever too, then I was behind about 1400
    elderly people paying for THEIR prescriptions that they were either paying in pennies
    or writing a check for...

2:30 we finally get home, I find myself a NEW pediatrician (upon recommendation from
    my sister) write a scathing review about my current one (they recently teamed up with
    another network, so now they have MORE patients. Stupid!) and then sat down to exhale
    for a second, but cranky as all get out.

Husband gets home at 5 and he knows I'm not all rainbows and unicorns, actually asks if I
    want some wine and I say BOY HOWDY I DO, but, it's Thursday, Friday is supposed to be
    freaking hotter than hell and I really don't want to feel nasty with two kids to entertain all
    day.

He says "well, you don't have to go anywhere or anything". Please. Anyone know how fun it is
    to see four eyes staring at you all day while you feel like shit and they're bored? NO WAY, and
    not fair to them.

Long story longer, I was THIS CLOSE. THIS CLOSE!

So I did what any other right minded person would do: Ate about 10 or 15 snickers minis, and all
    was right with the world. Ahhhhhhhhh.

Close shave right there. Phew! I'm so glad I didn't give in. It was majorly hard.

No clue what's going on with our weather.... It's been REALLY humid. Sorry, but California
    just ain't humid.

Diane: Has it been humid in Santa Barbara too?

Yesterday here in San Jose, I swear it was like Hawaii - but the nearest palm tree is two blocks
    over....... and the ocean water is still 50 below...

Keep up the good work people!

Julia

PrimalFreedom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by excursivey View Post
    I admit I'm having a little conundrum. Am going to be off work tomorrow unexpectedly having some junk installed at my house. So, early weekend. Been doing really well so far. Kinda want to have wine tonight...
    well.... how did it go?

Julia... that struggle is amazing and you came out with a victory!!! bottom line: VICTORY!! if you can overcome that without a drink I know there is a lot I can do... thank you for the inspiration!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    True freedom is the ability to live in a way that is all life giving, not clouded by anything that contaminates body, spirit, or mind.

My journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread86444.html;)

I admit I caved to my early weekend and had some wine... Enjoyed it.

It's flipping HOT here too. Wooowee! Come on monsoon!
    Breathe. Move forward.

I admit I caved to my early weekend and had some wine... Enjoyed it.

It's flipping HOT here too. Wooowee! Come on monsoon!
    well I definitely think its a good sign that you at least had a second thought and time to really think about it.

welcome to Friday folks!

True freedom is the ability to live in a way that is all life giving, not clouded by anything that contaminates body, spirit, or mind.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimalFreedom View Post
    well I definitely think its a good sign that you at least had a second thought and time to really think about it.
    I guess I just figured every weekend is not gonna be a long weekend and I did fine otherwise so no biggie. Same as the eating and lifestyle in general. Not gonna sweat it too much if I'm not perfect every minute but always trying to make progress.
    Breathe. Move forward.

I guess I just figured every weekend is not gonna be a long weekend and I did fine otherwise so no biggie. Same as the eating and lifestyle in general. Not gonna sweat it too much if I'm not perfect every minute but always trying to make progress.
    "Progress"...a beautiful word for life

Yep.
    Breathe. Move forward.

Page 13 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast