Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: ready to give up weekday drinking? page 12

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I'm not being judgmental. I just wonder about myself. Maybe I am a compulsive overeater. I drink wine because it's a "safe" snack. I suppose there's a level in there in regards to drinking that's a step below alcoholic, too, like compulsive drinker. Whatever the compulsion, there might be something there that is causing it that's worth looking into. If there's one thing I learned going primal it's that there are a lot of ingestible things that can control me that I was not aware of. But there's also a last little bit of compulsiveness that hangs on for dear life, seeking new things to get stuck on. It would be nice to rid myself of it somehow.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Incindiary is offline Member
    Bhanes - We've been together for 15 years! Maybe he thinks my personality is improved by liquor. He's been good lately. I told him I wanted to cut back on the weekday drinking, and he's been supportive so far. Now, that doesn't mean he won't try to make me a drink over the weekend. We'll see.

SB - For me, the "drink after work" is very much a bit of compulsion. As others have stated, it's just what I do and have been doing for years.

Do I sometimes feel like alcohol is controlling my life? Yes, around 5pm must days. I did Bikram yoga four nights a week for about a year. I didn't drink on the evenings when I was doing yoga. I quit doing the yoga over a year ago, and I'm back to drinking in the evenings. Maybe I should go back to the yoga.

PrimalFreedom is offline Senior Member
    Another thank you friends...I'm sober again tonight. Normally would be a little tipsy by now

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    True freedom is the ability to live in a way that is all life giving, not clouded by anything that contaminates body, spirit, or mind.

My journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread86444.html;)

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I'm not being judgmental. I just wonder about myself. Maybe I am a compulsive overeater. I drink wine because it's a "safe" snack. I suppose there's a level in there in regards to drinking that's a step below alcoholic, too, like compulsive drinker. Whatever the compulsion, there might be something there that is causing it that's worth looking into. If there's one thing I learned going primal it's that there are a lot of ingestible things that can control me that I was not aware of. But there's also a last little bit of compulsiveness that hangs on for dear life, seeking new things to get stuck on. It would be nice to rid myself of it somehow.
    I don't think you're a compulsive overeater. I think you're a compulsive self-judger.

Anyone else allowing other treats into their day as a "at least I'm not getting the alcohol calories"?

Got a Dunkin.donuts coffee cream AND sugar.....

True freedom is the ability to live in a way that is all life giving, not clouded by anything that contaminates body, spirit, or mind.

bhanes is offline Member
    SB, I do believe you are right....compulsive drinker LOL! Went home last night 111 degrees OMG! Thought dang it is way to hot to eat anything so......had a couple scotches SOOOO refreshing. Just a couple so still being in controll. Tonight though unless DH has other plans, running by the store for some fresh shrimp and scallops for a (refreshing) Dinner tonight. So maybe I'll be doing the Alternate Day Drinking Bawwwwwhaaa.

PrimalFreedom: GREAT JOB!!! Keep up the good work.

Rich: I think you are doing the right thing with the continued drinking until the Bach Party otherwise you would be less likely to hang...not so good. I belong to a group of Elk members that cook for the 4th of July and feed Veterans and their familys for free, then watch the City Fire Works which is right in the back yard of the Lodge. So for 3 days we take our RV campers to the RV park behind the lodge and of course it is a 3 day party. I'm just going to do my best and go from there.

bhanes is offline Member
    Not treats per say, but I did just read a recipe on here for coconut/macadamia frozen bars that looked way yummy.

with regard to vacation, special trips, IMO... for me anyway, I feel good about making progress when I set some sort of goal/limit. .... for example, I will allow one day of unlimited amount of drinking, and the other days I will stick to 2 or 3.

I will be on vacation July 3rd thru 7th. I think this would be a good thread to post our vacation goals/ intent.

I will post mine before I leave

rocketone is offline Junior Member
    Hi,
    I'm about five weeks into this. And really loving it. But, I too drink most everyday. Mostly wine. I think maybe that's why I am at a stalemate right now. I lost 4 lbs, and haven't lost any since. Except for the drinks, I'm probably 99.9% primal right now. I haven't cheated at all. But, I still have a lot to learn about what is ok.
    I'll hop on board with support for you, I need it also!!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Rocketone...I found the weight loss kicked in after removing daily drinking (not to mention my productivity and overall attitude was sunnier...

Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast