Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: ready to give up weekday drinking? page 10

bhanes is offline Member
    Shop Now
    LOL! Julia, you must really have some will power going on to not cave with that kind of temptation.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Well I'm tellin' you, I DO cave 99.9% of the time, but after my last barf-fest, he could
    put on a cop uniform, sport two wine glasses and a chilled bottle of anything and there's no
    way in freaking HELL I'd give in. HAR!

I'm not going to go off the sauce for good, but I'm going to probably revert to my old
    standby situation: IF WE GO OUT.

Sitting at home and getting hammered (all the time) is lame.

I mean, safe, but lame.

Not saying we'd go out and then drink and drive, totally cab it, but just save drinking
    for special things.

So if we went out for our anniversary, I'd drink. Or if we went out to a bar with some friends,
    I'd drink.

But, the fact remains that we have zero money to go out and these days, zero friends, so I guess
    it's the sober life for me!

That is, unless my kids kill me during the rest of our 53 day summer (but who's counting) and I just HAVE to drink in
    order not to murder them... snort.

We shall see, but for now, I'm on the straight and narrow (enter virtuous smile here).

Julia

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
    dust particles are falling
    This is what always gets me going...

Just kidding. It's good feeling like I've got these buddies to share with. So far so good.

How has this affected anybody's sleep?
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

bhanes is offline Member
    Julia, I'm with ya. I don't want to give it up altogether, I just want to be in control. You know a couple here or there but not a drink til bedtime thing. So it I can master the nothing during the week thing hopefully that will help. So will see how tonight goes.

PrimalFreedom is offline Senior Member
    again thank God for this thread.... 5 o'clock I had a big craving, but we're headed up, not into the hole!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    True freedom is the ability to live in a way that is all life giving, not clouded by anything that contaminates body, spirit, or mind.

My journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread86444.html;)

OneDeltaTenTango is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by excursivey View Post
    How has this affected anybody's sleep?
    Imprioved sleep is the primary benefit that I am trying to get from this. 3 weeks of zero alcohol followed by pretty decent adherence to weekend only for the past 2 weeks has had no discernable positive sleep benefit as far as I can observe.

WTF? Oh well.

PrimalFreedom is offline Senior Member
    yep, better sleep here! also....my husband's first comment walking in the door tonight was "you look good"..."this is really working" (meaning primal).

I know it's the lack of bloat from 1 (o.k. maybe 2-3 ) glasses of wine each night....

...finally some progress (at least it made me think this IS worth it).

anyone else dry tonight?
    True freedom is the ability to live in a way that is all life giving, not clouded by anything that contaminates body, spirit, or mind.

My journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread86444.html;)

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Yep. I'm sticking to it. I see you are in Chicago PF so you hit 5 way before I did out here in AZ. So it's 6:35 where I am now and I admit I'm craving a glass of wine. So it's a thinking moment. This evening is lovely, I've got my pets here, plenty of crap to do around the house, TV or movies if I want. So what would wine add? I mean I sure would enjoy it but why exactly? I gave a lot of thought to what SB posted about 'me time' but I have me time every night because I live alone so...?
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

JeffC is offline Senior Member
    I am in, have Monday and Tuesday under my belt! I don't feel like I have a problem with alcohol, but it just tweaks my metabolism when I am trying to lose weight and makes it harder even it if is just a 1oz whisky which is only 70 calories. It probably messes up sleep a bit too but I have a wife, busy job, and two young kids and cannot countenance excess drinking and keep up with life. If I felt like I had no weight to lose, I probably would not be in but I have another 10 lbs or so to lose. I know the reduced inhibitions from a drink or two often leads to mindless snacking too. If I can eliminate whisky during the week and stick to no more than 2 drinks on Friday and Saturday night, I know I can get down to my target.
    Last edited by JeffC; 06-26-2013 at 06:47 AM.

bhanes is offline Member
    Whoot Whoot! One night under my belt! Kept busy, mowed my acre yard usually grab a drink to go on board but this time just had a cold bottle of water. Then later I fixed me a very Primal dinner and was full so a cocktail didn't even sound appealing. All while my DH ate peanut butter and jelly (this guy is not primal at all) and his jack & coke.

Times before when I cut back on the alcohol I can remember how much better and clearer I fill in the morning, today I feel great, going to keep this up, of coarse until the weekend. My weekend will be Friday and Saturday. Sunday will be no drinks because we generally gather with friends on Friday. But I will limit myself on both day. LOL my plan anyway. PROGRESS yay!!

Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast