Thread: So Hungry after Falling Off the Wagon page

So Hungry after Falling Off the Wagon

Well I went to a conference, and slippery sloped into some old eating habits.

Then I came back and each day it was like "tomorrow I'll get back on track."

I am back on track but I am OH SO VERY HUNGRY. All the time. How do I handle this? If I get through this, stay on track, it will go away - particularly if I keep it on the lower carb end for a bit.

But how do I get through this now? Any advice? And how can I make it go away quickly - I'm scared I will cave because the hunger will feel intense.

And I AM eating plenty .... its just ... nothing is really enough.

TheyCallMeLazarus is offline Senior Member
    My best guess is that you are in the "glucose trap", where a constant changing of your blood sugar is causing a repeated hunger pang....my advice would be to go buy a big ribeye, a batch of green beans in butter and sesame seeds, and give it awhile. If that doesn't fill someone up, maybe have the doctor check for a hole in their stomach?

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    it will go away as you know, I guess you've been off long enough for your body to get used to easy access energy
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

How long does it take to go away - anyone know?

I shall feast tonight on steak and veggies and hope for the best!

10 Bears is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I always go to some fats when I want the pangs to go away, seeds or nuts are a good quick filler, or a mouthful of double cream.

Eat the meat and veggies as you need them, and dont wait until its the correct time to eat ie tea at 5pm - if you want it at 3:30 do so to take the edge off, and remember not to stock up with food later on - perhaps only a seed/nut snack if needed.

Another thing that works for me is when in the transition phase ie becoming fat adapted, green tea seems to help me along quicker. Im not sure why, but if I have no other tea or coffee (certainly no milk) and only green tea and water when required. Give it a go.
    Fortune Favours the Brave

I can only talk from my acquired knowledge and experiences. You may have a different view or experience and I will respect that. Please respect mine.