Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal diet and libido? page

fyrespryte is offline Senior Member

Primal diet and libido?

Shop Now
    Sorry if this is a strange question. I'm just starting out on PB and have been struggling with a lot of health problems, mostly malnutrition/hormone/neurotransitter imbalances. One thing that's been a major deal is the fact that my libido is nearly non-existant 99.8% of the time.

Have any women found that after going primal, their libido increased? Was there any one particular thing that you found affected it? ie: specifically adding more fats, or a particular vitamin supplement?

Thanks!

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member
    adding more fats will do the trick. There are lots of people that will chime in on this topic. All of them will tell you to add fat!

*waits patiently for the peeps*
    I grok, therefore I am.

Metismomma is offline Senior Member
    I'm the odd one in the bunch I'm sure, but my libido dropped to darn near non-existent when I went primal. Hopefully that will turn around. I did get my period during this time as well, so that didn't help :/ I would like hear from the more experienced PBers too.
    Calm the f**k down.

lmyers04 is offline Senior Member
    my libido has gone up. up up up. but you have to be primal for at least a month, i think, for your body to start to get used to things. the stomach issues that i used to have with grains and sugar are gone, so i never have a tummy ache after dinner now (a common reason i didnt feel like fooling around)

Most men, from personal experience, usually prefer action in the morning. Being primal makes me really energetic in the mornings now. so....yea......thats working out too.

And, a big one-------> as your body composition gets better, you will have better self esteem, and look better to your mate. now if that isnt a recipe for action i dont know what is.

LessofMimi is offline Senior Member
    Rawr. Definitely up. I'm sure it's partly the better eating, part of it is losing 70 pounds and starting to feel sexier. Hubby is now Primal as well. He's already a horn-dog, but I fear for it when he starts feeling better and losing weight (and seeing him look more like Mark than Homer will rev me up as well). I think a lot of it has to do with use it or lose it, as much as anything. Heard once about an experiment someone did where for 7 days they 'did it' regardless of lack of interest, etc. In the end, getting that blood flowing daily led to higher libido, too.
    Melissa Fritcher - 330/252/150
    http://lessofmimi.wordpress.com
    Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Massage oils and lube?

Bacon fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalchild View Post
    Massage oils and lube?

Bacon fat.

LOL! Gotta try that one. Being primal for only 3 weeks, I'm really hoping the drive changes for me. I used to be *ahem* always ready...but in the past couple of years I've just lost it. I've had a hysterectomy, but I still have my ovaries, so I don't think that should have changed anything, and since I was "losing it" before that, I don't think the surgery was an issue. I think it's just that I've physically felt like crap for about 2 years now. That's why I started primal, so hopefully I'll get my health back and with that...all the great "side effects!" My hubby (100lbs overweight already) has NEVER lost the drive and it would be really helpful if I could at least freakin' keep up with him again! He's starting to tease me about my age...I'm 2.5 years older than him. Shouldn't make this much of a difference.

Best of "luck" to all of us! lol!

kimmie is offline Senior Member
    My libido has gone up. I was already eating low carb before switching to primal, so it wasn't a huge transition for me. What's helped the MOST was starting a workout program when I was doing zero exercise before. The diet along with the workout program (which overall has given me more energy even though I now get up an hour and a half earlier each day) combined with the weight loss....they've all helped.

I also agree with the pp. I read a similar article about having sex regularly regardless of desire actually ends up leading to increased desire.

kimmie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primalchild View Post
    Massage oils and lube?

Bacon fat.

May I suggest coconut oil?

canadianwoman is offline Senior Member
    My libido was always high, even when I was not primal but it has now gone up 150% since going primal. Now I just need to find a boyfriend to share it with. Haha.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast