Thread: Gene mutation means paracyclist has no fat under skin page

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member

Gene mutation means paracyclist has no fat under skin

Primal Fuel
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

pklopp is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CarbDodger View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Clueless BBC writer
    Although he was born a normal weight, he lost all the fat around his face and limbs during his childhood, and yet his body still thinks he is obese, meaning he has type 2 diabetes
    "If an insulin tree falls in a forest, but there are no fat cells around to hear it, does it make a sound?"

The reason this poor man is insulin resistant is because he lacks any fat cells to respond to insulin. He is purely and simply physiologically incapable of responding to insulin. He in no way has T2DM because "his body thinks he is obese." If ever there was a face palm kind of moment ...

-PK
    My blog : cogitoergoedo.com

Interested in Intermittent Fasting? This might help: part 1, part 2, part 3.

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I saw this the other day (I am a cyclist, showed up in a cycling forum). All I can say is EGADS!

M.