Thread: Sugar/Ice Cream consumption is addictive. page

fuzzynavel is offline Member

Sugar/Ice Cream consumption is addictive.

I know....you're thinking..."obvious..Duh!"

Here's a paper that actually seems to show that increase ice cream consumption lowers the reward response in the brain leading (potentially ) to excess consumption over time.

Frequent ice cream consumption is associated with reduced striatal response to receipt of an ice cream

My question: Is your brain messed up forever or will it get better with time if you stop the frequent consumption of ice cream?
    My Recipes are at: www.southbeachprimal.com

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I eat small amounts of ice cream (1 small dish per day). My boyfriend eats a medium-size dish. My ex-husband was able to eat half a gallon of ice cream over two sittings in one day.

How does ice cream treat you? Are you addicted? Is it a trigger?

Me? Not giving up the homemade ice cream. I love making it now that I have a nice ice cream machine, even if it means that the refrigerator freezer is sometimes full of ice cream for weeks on end before there is room to make more.

Aili is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    eKatherine, your freezer would NOT be full of ice cream if I lived there. I do have an addiction and must be very careful not to have any at all, b/c it can easily lead to a binge (: