Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: :D Spinner's Primal Journal page 3

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinner View Post

Started my 'sections'--does anyone have any suggestions for other sections??
    You could do calories, carbs, fat, protein and your ratios?

Spinner is offline Senior Member
    Daily Eats--

B- Steak n eggs--6 oz lean steak with 2 eggs, over easy, fried in butter with roasted red bell peppers. Today is my Birthday, and since I can't do cake, that is what I thought I would have to celebrate :0) Talking about no cake, making the blueberry butter balls for my treat today.

S-

L- No lunch for me today! Felt nauseated all morning, actually it was almost time to make dinner before I even began to feel like eating! I read in another thread that perhaps the nausea meant that I was burning fat--I sure hope so!

S-

D- Only thing that sounded good to me was some browned ground beef a couple fried eggs and some green beans. Bleh.

S-

Exercise--

Stats--

Sleep--

This is the start of my second week on PB. Been reading all I can on the forum, and hoping to pick up the PB book this coming weekend, and I want to order the cookbook as well. I haven't lost anymore weight, but I can understand, giving that I did loose 11lbs the first week, and that is alot for a body to get used to. Going to start exercising this week. Going to start nice and easy.. I have a couple dvds that start out at 12 minute workouts and work up to 45 for cardio, and I am going to start doing some light weights. I like the idea of kettleballs and I will have to see if there is anywhere locally that I can pick them up, rather than paying shipping! For play, going to work on my belly dancing, as that is a phenomenal core workout.

I do need to work on weaning myself off of soda. I am down to 1 coke zero or sprite zero a day, and I would like to get that down to a few times a week. Summer is coming and I drink tea by the gallon, unsweetened and that is what I am going to switch to. Oh and a TMI, since cutting out the grains my noisy tummy has truly slacked off and any gas issues have been alleviated, which is great. No longer have to blame the dogs! LOL!!

**Another interesting side note--when my blood sugar is low (80-150), I don't seem to need my glasses as much as when my blood sugars are high (200 and up) Yet another reason, for me anyway, to eat Primal. I remember my GP telling me that when your blood sugar is high, glucose gathers in your eyes and affects your vision, and when it is under control, the glucose is drawn away. Not sure how truly true it is--could have just said that to have me keep things in line--but with Diabetes having contributed to my mom going legally blind, I am willing to take the better eyesight!**
    Last edited by Spinner; 06-02-2010 at 09:37 PM.
    Every day is another stitch in the quilt of life.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Re-Start date 6/23/2011
    me--Post pregnancy --mama to a beautiful baby boy--
    273.4/269.3/115
    Hubby--230/227.8/165

Ok.... slacked off yesterday, so back on the wagon today--didn't slack off eating, well, maybe with dinner last night, but doing spot on today. Yesterday for breakfast, I had 2 chicken sausages with a 10oz package of frozen spinach. KK kinda scary, but today is payday so I am hoping to do a bit of shopping. Last night, we had chinese, because DD and DH wanted to get some. I had steamed veg, broccoli beef and green bean chicken. Oh my goodness, it felt like elephants tap dancing in my head this morning! The place said no MSG but there was something there that really bothered me We went to one of the fast foodie type places, where everything is in steam trays and they serve you. I wanted to go to P F Chang's but it was too $$$ for last night. I am willing to go there and give things a whirl, but it will be a while I think! I will just have to do chinese here at home for the next while.

Sooo this morning I have been trying to get over the headache. Had 4 advils and a 20 ounce coffee. Also had a cup of herbal ginger tea with no sweetener, weaning myself from needing to have my tea sweet. Breakfast (at about 9:30) was 3 hard boiled eggs and several slices of cucumber with cream cheese. I am going to pick up some wild salmon lox to have with that I think, during this next shopping cycle. Not sure about lunch. See above comment about no food in da house! lol

I did get out and walk for 20 minutes this was when I went down the street to get my coffee. Just had a regular coffee with cream. KK, hear my knitting calling my name--bbl!

Lunch today was a double double from in n out, protein style, no bun, no secret sauce.

Dinner was the bacon, apple and chicken salad. I did pick up my copy of the PB book and I am going to dive in tomorrow! Nite all!
    Last edited by Spinner; 06-04-2010 at 09:56 PM.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Re-Start date 6/23/2011
    273.4/269.3/115
    Hubby--230/227.8/165

Whee, haven't been around since Friday, and I am surprised I remember how to even turn on the computer! Spent a lot of time this weekend getting my Grok on, so to speak... walked the dogs over 2 hours this weekend, split between Sunday and Monday (hubby works Tues-Sat) AND went and checked out a Ju Jitsu school that ALSO has Cross Fit instructors! Whee! We are going to go watch a class tomorrow night and get a feel for the dojo and possibly join, if it is what we are looking for. What are we looking for? we do not want a belt driven school, we want a school that promotes on merit. My step son goes to a TKD school that is totally belt driven, has been there for 2 years and is one kyu below black belt???? Hubby and I went to a school back when we were together in high school that was totally merit driven--dh was there for 7 years and was 3rd kyu! Ours was an Okinawan Hard style (think the Karate Kid--very similar)

I have been pouring over my copy of PB and enjoying it immensely. Really makes a lot of sense. If we do join the school, or the other one we have been looking at, I am planning on attending 3 days a week--would that be considered the strength training, especially with the isometrics? Something to ponder. I also discovered the 'list' I was looking for--in the front of the book! I am planning on ordering the cookbook with my next pay check.

I was reading the thread "Do women loose weight on PB" or words to that affect started by NoSalad. It really became more about counting calories then anything else. I think, in the last week I thought I had it 'dialed in' and played a little to fast and loose with some of my meals and I am going to tighten down my control, but I am more concerned about my ratios of fat/protein/carbs then I am about the calories. I think they can take care of themselves, personally. I am not going to go hog wild, but I am not going to really be all that concerned. My greatest concern is to get my blood sugar levels under control and keep them on the lower end of what my Endo wants for me. What makes me think I was playing a little fast and loose with things was that I had some 300's last week, which really bothered me. So I am going to eat clean, clean, clean. I did buy salami and pepperoni for dh and for the meatza I made the other night, but I think I need to be a bit more cautious about what I put on it. I have pretty much told my dh that I am going to drop the sodas, but I am not going to force him to give them up, maybe just suggest a reduction but he is a big boy and I am not going to tell him what to eat. Course I do make his lunches a lot and I do cook dinner, so what choice does he have there? I also picked up yogurt and strawberries for dd. I figure I will have a few berries with heavy cream, but I will have to have mine with lunch, not dinner so I can use up the glucose they create. I did so well at the beginning, that I don't want to back slide now. I am just really glad that I have the book. I am thinking about getting copies for my MIL and my parents so they are not spending a lot of time going thru the blog, they can just sit and read the book and then search the blog for additional info.

KK, I have waited long enough after taking my thyroid meds that I can go put together my breakfast! Beeeee back after bit!! Oh, and lest I forget, I have cut all artificial sweeteners from my diet as of today. Not even steva, which I am not that keen on to begin with, but my parents like it. I also picked up a box of white tea to have.

Daily Eats--

B- Breakfast Salad mixed greens, hard boiled eggs, shredded Italian blend cheese, ham, green olives, olive oil and lemon juice. 38.4g fat, 13.1g carbs, 30.6g protein

S- 2 stalks celery, cream cheese, salami 31g fat, 3.5g carb, 15g protein

L- BAS with green olives, feta cheese (about 1 oz), grape tomatoes, 2 al fresco chicken sausages, red bell peppers, cucumber, olive oil

S- none. out running around with hubby!

D- taco salad made with my pulled pork chili. The chili is made from the pulled pork chili recipe in the forum, cooked down with tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, celery, onion, zucchini, spices... really yummy. BAS with romaine, avocado, sour cream and a bit of cheese..

S- none

Avoid poisonous things-- Sworn off artificial sweeteners

Move often, slowly-- much walking with hubby

Lift heavy things-- moved boxes of fabric around in my sewing area to straighten it up and to get back at it after a short break.

Sleep-- Got 6 hours sleep last night, planning on a nap later.

Play-- shoppin with hubby!

Hmmm.... today has been rather cheezy! **ahem** I usually don't eat QUITE so much cheese, just kinda fell out that way. Total stats for today==
    157g fat, 120 protein, 65g carb! Percentages-- 65.6% fat, 12.1% carb, 22.33% protein. Probably a bit high on the fat today, but I wanted to see how I would do... and focusing more on the fats, and good fats. All fats today have been olive oil and avocado. Yep, I know there is some in the eggs and dairy. Comments? My blood sugar was 113 when I woke up, 77 at lunch and I haven't taken it tonight yet. (it was 213--hmmm could be I was running around and busy and my liver is good at dumping glucose when I am really active. Sometimes too, if I don't eat a snack, for some reason, it goes higher. Could just be my liver dumping excess glucose!)
    Last edited by Spinner; 06-09-2010 at 06:48 AM.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Re-Start date 6/23/2011
    273.4/269.3/115
    Hubby--230/227.8/165

Wow... been away for what 3 weeks? Hmmm... time to whip myself back into shape! I was really sick for about 2 weeks or so, and still have a lingering cough. My dd brought home a cold for the end of school/start of summer and she gave it to me! How sweet of her!! I maintained my primal eating with hubby's help--he made me garlicky cheesie eggs and lovely hot beverages with heavy cream and hot soups. I stayed in bed and watched tv, slept, read PB and rested. Felt very flu like--fever, aches, upset tummy issues, cough...

Sooooooo.....

Today, I have had 3 scrambled eggs with cream, cooked in butter with chives and 1/2 an avocado for breakfast. Lunch was a double-double protien style from In and Out. Hubby and I have started walking in the evening after dinner--did a hour long walk last night, which was really nice--along with hiking with the dogs on the weekends. Not sure about dinner yet.

One thing I have noticed, is I am getting tired of eggs for breakfast and BAS made with mixed baby greens. I think I need to change up what I am eating before I fall off the wagon and do something non-primal, like oatmeal! I have a copy of the PB cookbook coming and I am really looking forward to that. My thoughts for lunch is to still do the BAS but switch up my greens to say, spinach and romaine, instead of so much baby greenie goodness, as well as exploring different veggies to add to it. And I am going to pick up some nitrate free lunch meats to put in the salads and eat for snacks. I think what it is, is I have gotten in a rut with going to the same things over and over and that is an issue that I need to address. I have located 2 farmers markets that i want to check out and see what I can find there!

Dinner ended up being the chicken/bacon/avocado salad with blue cheese added to it... sooo gooooood!!
    Last edited by Spinner; 06-30-2010 at 08:25 PM.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Re-Start date 6/23/2011
    273.4/269.3/115
    Hubby--230/227.8/165

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ok!

I have changed up my BAS and that is making life more interesting. And following Mark's 'advice' for the 2 minute salad, I am going to pre-prep a lot of veg and what not so my salads are easy. I did this in the beginning, but fell away a bit, but it sure made things easier!! I am also going to get some chicken breasts and bake them up and shred them so I have protien ready to go as well. Maybe even bake up a tri-tip--course, I don't think that would make it to lunch!!

Just got back from my 6 week visit with my Diabetes nurse--I see Jill between every Doctor visit, which is about every 3 months. WELLLLL in the 6 weeks since I started PB, my A1c has dropped from 9.9 to 9--not bad in 6 weeks, considering the A1c is a 3 month (usually) test, and my bs was 147--in my 'good' range. Blood pressure was 116/80, and she was happy with that, and by thier scale, I am down 4 pounds--kk, dr scale, fully clothed, after breakfast and such, so not as low as I would have liked it to have been, and as low as I know it is on my home scale!! But Jill was happy with the weight loss and asked me what I was doing. Told her I had cut out all grains, but keeping my carbs at about 75 grams a day, with eating veggies and small amounts of fruit. She was pleased with my results. My levimer is 50 units a day (25 2x's a day) and my Novolog is down around 30 units a day. My averages have dropped considerably in the past 6 weeks, even with my cold, so good news all around. OH, I did see a copy of my test results from last summer--Triglicerides 111 (ouch); Vit D 46; Total Chol 180; HDL 56; LDL 124... Bah! Can't remember the rest... but I know I will need to retake my blood work in August or possibly September before I see the Doc. Course, these numbers are TOTALLY BEFORE PB!!!

One thing I have noticed, and wonder if anyone else experiances the same-the desire NOT to eat?? Just an Ewwww feeling about eating?

Daily eats--
    B- 2 hard boiled eggs, 5 kalamata olives

S- 9 kalamata olives--love those things!

L-BAS with romaine and baby spinach, feta, MORE kalamata olives, 1 chicken spinach/feta sausage, olive oil.

D- Double double from in and out, protien style (no bun, wrapped in lettuce) no sauce sub mustard. 3 fries (oh my) from my dd's portion.
    Last edited by Spinner; 07-02-2010 at 04:56 PM.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Re-Start date 6/23/2011
    273.4/269.3/115
    Hubby--230/227.8/165

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123