Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: :D Spinner's Primal Journal page 2

Spinner is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thank you again Lil_em for the seasoning recipe--I can already tell I am going to have a mayo jar FULL in my cupboard! lol!! We will be finishing up the pork in salad again for din, and I guess I will be giving myself a bit more insulin to compensate for the commercial mix.

Took my blood sugar about 10 minutes ago (5:40) and it is sitting at 183. At least it is below 200! But like I said, it always is high in the am, so I will take it. Also took my thyroid meds, so I can eat breakfast in about 30 minutes. Let the stock go over night and mmmmm smells sooo good this morning in the house! I really enjoy making my own stocks--feel so productive when I have containers of stock tucked in the freezer ready to be used to make good meals.

Dh just told me he has lost 5 pounds this week eating paleo/primal! yippee!! he has gone 229.5 to 224. Yea! He is seeing results--so awesome! he would like to get to 185 or so. DD got on the scale this morning as well, and she is sitting at 93.9, and at 4'10, that is pretty good. Not really looking for her to loose anything, but just to get going on a healthy lifestyle--eat well, learn how to make healthy meals and move more.

7:00 Brekkie salad! Nice sized bowl of romaine, topped with 2 hard boiled egg, 1 roasted garlic chicken sausage, 1/2 an apple, some chopped toasted walnuts and some of the apple balsamic dressing from the salad from the other night. For desert? vitamins and supps! yummy! lol!!

9:30 blood sugar testing--64! time for coffee with cream and a bit of my home made trail mix! Knitting on a baby blanket.. could be for a gift, charity or for my Etsy site--not sure which yet!

12:00 Making the Poke salad today. It really sounds good! I am missing the asparagus and the snow peas, so I will sub bell peppers and cucumber. Found a really cute little ahi tuna steak that will be perfect for this. I have been wanting to try it since I first found it on MDA.
    Last edited by Spinner; 05-25-2010 at 12:11 PM.
    Every day is another stitch in the quilt of life.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Re-Start date 6/23/2011
    me--Post pregnancy --mama to a beautiful baby boy--
    273.4/269.3/115
    Hubby--230/227.8/165

Made the Poke salad yesterday and I didn't get done eating it till about 1:30, because I was busy talking to DH. Ended up napping for about 2 hours, and I wasn't really hungry for dinner so I passed on that. I did, however, snack on a few pork rinds about 8pm **shhhh**

Well, today marks my first week going primal, and I am down 11 pounds! Yippee!

7:30 blood sugar of 164. Not bad! Brekkie was 3 baked eggs done in a mustardy sauce with broccoli, green onion and a few bits of roasted red bell pepper. I also had just a small --2 handfuls worth--of mixed greens tossed with a bit of balsamic vinaigrette. I am thinking about a big kinda Asian inspired beef salad for lunch, kinda like the Poke, but with rare beef steak. I bought a pack of steaks the other day at the market, and i need to get them wrapped up and packed in the freezer. Dinner will be left over pork--what was supposed to be din last night--and I guess tomorrow, I will do the meatza. That just sounds soo good.

12:30 BAS asian style. Had a 6 oz steak, cooked rare, sliced and tossed with a Poke style dressing, in a big ol'bowl of greens, with peppers, green onions, a sprinkling of sesame seeds, mushrooms... really yummy. Does anyone know if green soybeans are ok?
    Last edited by Spinner; 05-26-2010 at 03:53 PM.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Re-Start date 6/23/2011
    273.4/269.3/115
    Hubby--230/227.8/165

Things I have noticed about my first week--less tummy bloat, my face isn't puffy anymore, less brain fog, able to get out of bed at a decent speed, not sleep the morning away, although I have been taking a few naps. Not missing grains!
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Re-Start date 6/23/2011
    273.4/269.3/115
    Hubby--230/227.8/165

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    Yay!!! Glad everythings going so well for you!

I was really busy working on stuff yesterday and didn't even turn on the computer! I am working on knitted market bags, possibly for Etsy... working on perfecting my pattern, and I have to just finish the straps and then it will be done and ready for a trial run. June 1st, our local little farmers market starts so that might be just the place to try it out! It is just down the street from us, and I will be walking to check it out. There is another one, but it is at night, and hasn't started just yet, but that one is walk-to able as well.

I made a meatza the other night and oh my! it was divine! Dh tried to eat 2 pieces and he tilted halfway thru the second one! We ate the leftovers for breakfast yesterday, and he thought that it would be perfect with a fried egg on top. So next time, I will have to do that. Yesterday's eating was good, but I didn't eat that much.

Breakfast--a piece of left over meatza with a small green salad. That was about 7:00ish.

Lunch--BA stirfry. Steak, bell peppers, mushrooms, other veggies in a homemade chicken broth. Yes, I made and froze my stock from the other day! It was just perfect--can we say chicken jello? Let it cook for just over 24 hours and it is perfect. lunch was at 3:00.

Dinner--7pm 3 scrambled eggs with cheese and garlic salt.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Re-Start date 6/23/2011
    273.4/269.3/115
    Hubby--230/227.8/165

Soooooo on to today!

I have seen some posts with dailies, exercise, sleeping, junk, etc, besides just the food diary, and that is something I would love to have as well, but I can't remember which journals had that, so I will have to come up with my own I guess. I have also decided that since I am over a week in, the time has come to pick up my exercise, because I don't think that sewing and knitting are exactly Olympic level events--wish they were, but alas, they are not. I have several dvds that I can use, as well as dusting off my belly dancing cds and tying on the jingle-jangle scarf. Love to belly dance and it is an AWESOME core work out, specially if you use your hips and core muscles to do the lifts and drops, not your feet/knees. I did really well with the first week and I want to keep up (down?) the weight loss, specially since I see my diabetic nurse in 3 weeks or so, and I would really like to be down farther, and have those blood sugar/A1c numbers lower!

Sleep I got only 6 hours last night, although I did over 8 the night before. The kittenie kitten was on super attack and toes were meant to be destroyed! So I got up with dh and brewed a pot of coffee.

Just realized I haven't taken my thyroid meds, so I will have to go do that, and that will put my breakfast off at least 30 minutes. I had baked eggs the other morning, and I am thinking I might just do that again today. They came out really good. My issue right now, after reading some of the journals, is not getting stuck in a rut. I am going to make the coconut/almond chicken fingers this weekend, and I am also thinking about making sweet potato baked fries to go with... ooooo with maybe a mustardy mayo dip! yummo! And probably either salad, veg or both! Mmmm making me hungry just thinking about it!
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Re-Start date 6/23/2011
    273.4/269.3/115
    Hubby--230/227.8/165

KK... Saturdays are always tough getting on line, since my computer is in the shop and the family computer is taken over by Step Son so, I will try and catch up on Sundays.

Saturdays are really tough days for eating, because the kids stay up way late and don't get up until way late, like lunch time. And since he is only here one day a week, we just have cereal for him because he doesn't eat eggs and I am not sure about bacon. Every time we eat breakfast out, it always french toast. Anyway... Since breakfast is so late, lunch is bizarrely timed, if it gets eaten at all, and then dinner is way off. I had wanted to make the chicken fingers, but it didn't work out so... that is dinner for tonight. Which, I need to get started. Last night, we did have a store chicken, roasted sweet potatoes and green beans. And I had eggs for breakfast, but lunch was catch as catch can.

Breakfast today was spaghetti sauce with linguisa and 3 poached eggs. Lunch was a handful of nuts and dinner is going to be the chicken fingers, a mayo mustard dip and ranch-style dip. Going to have winter mix veggies and roast sweet potatoes with it.
    Last edited by Spinner; 05-31-2010 at 09:15 AM.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Re-Start date 6/23/2011
    273.4/269.3/115
    Hubby--230/227.8/165

OMG!!! those coconut/almond chicken fingers ROCK!!! A little more time consuming then I had anticipated, but wow.... so good! I think next time, I will brown them on the stove and finish in the oven, but DANG! They rock! The left overs are going to go in salad for lunch today! I made my own ranch dressing to dip them in, along with a variation on Lil_em's baconie mayo--a combo of half bacon and half coconut oil with mustard to dip them in. Yummy!! I am going to have to do them again, and I think I am going to try shrimp in the same mix.

Brekkie so far today has been just coffee, not sure if I will eat or not, because I am not really hungry. Gonna run the pups again today and have the garlic pulled pork for din tonight. Might do sweet potatoes again with it.. not sure yet. Told my MIL about MDA yesterday and she seemed receptive, at least to getting the emails. It may be to different or to time consuming for her to follow right now, but at least she is receptive to learning about it. So i will take that as a step in the right direction.

Mmmmm pork! The roast pork is driving me BONKERS!! Did it with the extra garlic cloves and mmm smells so good! Might have to have it with some of the bacon mayo--yes, sir, I would like some bacon with my pork! LOL!! That and veggies. I was thinking about sweet potatoes again, but I have had them 2 days in a row, and my blood sugar was on the higher side this am, soooo gonna skip them and see how it is tomorrow.
    Last edited by Spinner; 05-31-2010 at 05:52 PM.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Re-Start date 6/23/2011
    273.4/269.3/115
    Hubby--230/227.8/165

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    Mmmmmmmm! Bacon mayo... *drool*

('scuse me I need to go make some...)

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Did my body fat % and my lean body mass. Ok, I's a big girl! on a little frame! Got a BF% of 28.7 **hides** and a LBM of 173.3! Not sure if I did that right, but I did it twice and that is what I came up with. Wow... even .7 grams of protein per lb of LBM means I need 121.3 grams protein a day. I don't think I have been getting anywhere near that **re-enter Fitday, although I liked daily burn as well** And how is my LBM soooo much higher then what I should be weighing?? That is soooo mind boggling. I am only supposed to weigh like 110!

Daily Eats

B- cultured cottage cheese with 2 palm-fulls of fresh blueberries, cucumber slices with cream cheese--all they needed was lox! **note to self...** coffee w/cream, supplements & insulin

S- Skipped

L- BAS with mixed baby greens, 2 al fresco chicken sausages (feta and spinach), baby grape tomatoes, cucumber and a WHOLE avocado! Drizzled with a dressing of olive oil, ACV and Dijon mustard.

S- 3 pickled cherry peppers

D- Roasted zucchini and broccoli, steamed left over pork from last night

S- None, although I am a tad peckish, but heading to bed soon so no go!

Exercise None

Play Danced around a bit to radio. DH totally thrilled that Ultimate Frisbee counts! He used to play in HS and Jr College and capt'ed the team. Adult play

Stats Couldn't get onto Daily Burn to save my soul. Will run tomorrow.

Sleep Got 6 hours last night and about a 2 hour nap this afternoon.

Started my 'sections'--does anyone have any suggestions for other sections??
    Last edited by Spinner; 06-01-2010 at 10:07 PM.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Re-Start date 6/23/2011
    273.4/269.3/115
    Hubby--230/227.8/165

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast