Thread: one day a week higher calorie day page

hamsauce is offline Junior Member

one day a week higher calorie day

Shop Now
    Hello,

I've been primal for about a month now (well, 99% primal. the one thing i haven't given up is greek yogurt ) and i've been losing weight (about 1-3 lbs a week) by eating between 1400-1500 calories a day and also lifting weights/walking for 20-40 minutes after lifting weights/2 HIIT sessions a week on the treadmill. I don't eat back my workout calories. But today i decided to try something different, and eat back my workout calories. I burned 840 calories according to my heart rate monitor (legs day, it was a longer workout). So instead of just eating 1500 calories, i ate back 700 of my workout calories. So i ate ~2100-2200, still putting my net calories in the 1400-1500 range. I also did a higher carb day (150g net carbs after fiber is subtracted). The other 6 days of the week i naturally fall in the low end of the carb scale by just eating primal, some days very low (50g or under) other days around 60-80g.

I'm aware that this is basically a "refeed" day. However, my weight loss hasn't been stalled, and from my understanding, these types of refeed or higher carb/calorie days are usually put into place only when weight loss is stalled. But for me, i feel like 1 day a week where i get to eat until i'm pretty satiated sort of keeps me sane throughout this dieting process. BUT I'm worried that it will hinder my weight loss. I mean, if i'm already losing, why change the system, right?

Just wondering if anyone else out there who is dieting has 1 day a week where they eat back all their workout calories and whether or not it has hindered/helped their dieting efforts.

(btw im female, 22 years old, 5'5 currently weigh 138)

hamsauce is offline Junior Member
    Oh, btw, on my "high calorie" days I'm still eating primal (minus the greek yogurt of course) i just eat more sweet potatoes and fruits. I eat very healthy and have lost virtually all cravings for unhealthy foods

Mr. Anthony is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, you'll be fine.

Sent via A-10 Warthog