Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's your favourite non-primal cookbook? page 3

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Calidris View Post
    Another Hugh F-W fan here. We have quite a few of his cookbooks. His 'Fish' one is also good. Dont have the 3 ingredients book but its on my To Buy list.
    I have been looking at his other books on Amazon. I am sorely tempted.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Primal-V is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by heatherp View Post
    Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall also has a good Vegetable cookbook... and Rick Stein for fishy related adventures.
    Very true - I have this book as well and aside from the 'bready stuff' section it has some great vegetarian recipes using...VEGETABLES! (no fake meats for Hugh's fans)

I'll be using it to cook real food for some veggie friends who are staying with us in a couple of weeks time.

I have a couple of his other books (all very good) including "A Cook on the Wild Side" which has an excellent guide to selecting road kill - does it get more Primal??

Lol

DaniPani is offline Junior Member
    The Joy of Cooking by Irma Rombauer. I've used this cookbook since I was 8 and I always go back to it. The older versions all have little anecdotes before most of the recipes that make me laugh. I'd love to get my hands on a first edition.

GiGiEats is offline Senior Member
    The Silver Spoon is a PHENOMENAL COOK BOOK and... It's got like 3894789347389 pages so it satisfies EVERYONE'S pallet!

BigTim is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal-V View Post
    Hi everyone, I've just been thumbing through "the River Cottage Meat Book" by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall and realised what a great book it is for Primal cooks.
    LOL, came in here to reply with exactly what you put in your first post.

The Gideons should leave a copy of this in every hotel in the world instead of the bible (no offence to anyone of that ilk).

Primal-V is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTim View Post
    LOL, came in here to reply with exactly what you put in your first post.

The Gideons should leave a copy of this in every hotel in the world instead of the bible (no offence to anyone of that ilk).
    If only we could live in that world BigTim - if God exists (and personally I'm an atheist) then surely He would want us to care for our animals with humanity and eat them with joy and respect.

AY-MEN

lambchop is offline Senior Member
    I have a great one titled Retro Classics. It has cool 70s and 80s recipes, the great thing being they are often meat and veg based. Prawn Cocktail or Carpet bag steak anyone?

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Fannie Farmer (the old version) and Joy of Cooking (complete with how to cook possum, squirrel, and offal.) We also make heavy use of The Black Binder, where we keep the recipes we've printed, inherited, or created.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    Delia Smith's complete cookery course and others of hers, have been a staple for me for many many years, also Robert Carrier's Great Dishes from around the world and Food, Wine and Friends. Lately I have been enjoying a lot of Gordon Ramsay's, easily paleo'd of course
    Starting Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, goal weight in November 2012.
    Now 95lbs and holding.
    Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    I was just looking at my old cookbooks and picked up this one. Provence: the Beautiful Cookbook: Richard Olney: 9780067575987: Amazon.com: Books

I've had it for years and Haven't looked at it in a while and I'm surprised at how "primal" most of the recipes are or can easily be modified to be. Gonna try something out of here pretty soon for sure. I also have an Italian book in this series, need to recheck that one out too....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast