Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's your favourite non-primal cookbook? page 2

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    "How to Cook Everything" by Mark Bittman

Amazon.com: How to Cook Everything (Completely Revised 10th Anniversary Edition) (9780764578656): Mark Bittman: Books

That and Food Network were instrumental in me learning how to cook.

Bifcus is offline Senior Member
    Have used this one for nearly 30 years. Lots of traditional stuff, with really good info about the hows and why's of technique. Much is still usable for primal.

THE French Kitchen Diane Holuigue French Cooking FOR Australians Cookbook | eBay

Other favourites are my collection of David Thompson Thai cookbooks, the Elizabeth David books, and a paperback called Thai Cooking Class which has really good everyday recipes.

I have a bookcase full and while some are great for inspiration others have just one or two favourite recipes.

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal-V View Post
    Hi everyone, I've just been thumbing through "the River Cottage Meat Book" by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall and realised what a great book it is for Primal cooks.
    I just bought this book last week and am loving it. I haven't even gotten to the recipes yet. We just ordered a lamb, butchered to our specs and the book was really helpful.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Mike in Virginia is offline Senior Member
    My favorite non-primal cookbook is "Invitation to Indian Cooking", by Madhur Jaffrey. Many recipes are primal, and others are easily adapted. The nicely spiced vegetable dishes are especially pleasing: a wonderful change from my standard vegetable fare.

I also like "Betty Crocker Cooking Basics", not so much for the recipes as for the many cooking tips that have helped me in preparing my primal dishes.

Haven't delved into it yet, but while going through my mother's kitchen and dining room after she passed away last month, I found a 1956 Betty Crocker cookbook. Based on a quick glance or two, it looks like there is quite a bit of primal friendly cooking in it. Just have to avoid the dessert section. ;-)
    Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

heatherp is offline Senior Member
    Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall also has a good Vegetable cookbook... and Rick Stein for fishy related adventures.

Kaylee99 is offline Senior Member
    How to Master the Art of French Cooking by Julia Child. Most of the recipes are primal friendly if you remove the flour thickener.

I just got The Whole Beast by Fergus Henderson. Its full of offal recipes-I can't wait to try them!!!
    See what I'm up to: The Primal Gardener

eig
    eig is offline Senior Member
    Bought Nourishing Traditions because of the fermented food recipes and I have not been disappointed! Loving this cookbook right now.
    "...You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve. -Ginny

My story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/i-now...#axzz2MzPtxo00

spuggygirl is offline Senior Member
    Anything by Yotam Ottolenghi - lots of grains though.

Ryancarter1986 is offline Senior Member
    Yes he's on my shelf, he used too much grains & sugar , soy etc but his food very good.
    Work round corner from his cafe very expensive ! His proteins on offer not that great.

London

Calidris is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Another Hugh F-W fan here. We have quite a few of his cookbooks. His 'Fish' one is also good. Dont have the 3 ingredients book but its on my To Buy list.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast