Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Change for good page

lisaao is offline Junior Member

Change for good

Hi everyone,

My name is Lisa, I'm 24 and currently struggling with dieting and exercise.
    I'm currently reading through The Primal Blueprint which is a big wake up call.
    I try to watch what I eat, I go to the gym a lot and end up eating a lot of rubbish food and feeling guilty about it. I'm currently 5'5'' and about 62kg. I use to be a little heavier but I'm really struggling to lose the desired weight I would like.
    I would like to be healthy and around about 53kg ideally. I love my food so it's difficult to cut out the rubbish food but I know I need to in order to be happy and healthy.
    I would love to hear from people in similar situations.

Lisa

awok677 is offline Senior Member
    Lisa, just wanted to say hi and congratulations on finding your way here. The primal blueprint is such a good read, it really inspired me. Mark has an excellent way with words, it all makes such good sense.

Perhaps you can focus on eating good foods rather than feel that you're depriving yourself of your favourites? It's what I suggest to the people who say I could do without 'X'. Make a list of the good foods you really enjoy but might only consider a treat normally, and make sure you have plenty of them in the house. I mean, snacking on smoked salmon or whatever might seem decadent but is better than biscuits or cake or sweets. I always suggest keeping coconut around as a snack food as well (frozen if it's just you) as it's great for snacking on.
    Me, My Father and The Alzheimer's - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread84213.html

MaceyUK is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Lisa. Primal is the answer...give it your best shot and you'll be delighted with the results. The only way it can go wrong is if you try and do it half-heartedly. That said, there is no harm in starting slowly and improving a bit at a time. Like awok says you can spend a bit of extra money and treat your body to some healing from within. You wouldn't think 20 was too much for a day at a health spa so why not spend it on giving your body a day of perfect nutrition?

lisaao is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the replies. I definitely feel that I'm going to be able to achieve fitness goals with this as I've tried a lot of different diets and they have not helped me what so ever!
    The book definitely makes sense, my brother introduced me to it. When he was talking to me about it before I was reluctant to believe it would work but already after 2 days of no sugar, I'm feeling more alert, awake and full of energy, it's incredible!
    I love strawberries, have a very sweet tooth so I find this satisfies me so maybe that can be a treat substitute.
    I agree, I'd rather spend a little extra on good food.

Eat the fruits, forego the juice. Avoid low calorie food in favour of highly nutritious foods. Thomas, have you read the primal blueprint?

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    You don't need low calorie food, you need nutrient dense food. Eggs, meat, colourful veges, some fruit, nuts and dairy but not too many while you still have weight to lose. Wholesome fats like butter and olive oil.

No garbage - that means any packaged and processed items, canola or soy and other such oils, sugar. Also avoid wheat and other grains, soy and other legumes.

These low quality ingredients are everywhere, so basically you are best to start from scratch by only purchasing wholesome foods and preparing them yourself. This is a challenge at first, but it's also fun and I'm sure you will find the results are so worth it.

Once you are nourishing yourself decently I believe your weight will correct itself, it did for me and I am literally twice your age. You are young, not terribly overweight, and already exercising. Take measurements now, if you commit to this 100% they will change fast.

Sol blackcat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MaceyUK View Post
    Eat the fruits, forego the juice. Avoid low calorie food in favour of highly nutritious foods. Thomas, have you read the primal blueprint?
    wum?

wum?

bellincendio is offline Member
    What does "wum" mean?

Sol blackcat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Wind up merchant.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast