Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Nikola Tesla: Oatmeal > Meat page

j3nn is online now Senior Member

Nikola Tesla: Oatmeal > Meat

"It is certainly preferable to raise vegetables, and I think, therefore, that vegetarianism is a commendable departure from the established barbarous habit. That we can subsist on plant food and perform our work even to advantage is not a theory, but a well-demonstrated fact. Many races living almost exclusively on vegetables are of superior physique and strength. There is no doubt that some plant food, such as oatmeal, is more economical than meat, and superior to it in regard to both mechanical and mental performance. Such food, moreover, taxes our digestive organs decidedly less, and, in making us more contented and sociable, produces an amount of good difficult to estimate. In view of these facts every effort should be made to stop the wanton and cruel slaughter of animals, which must be destructive to our morals. " - Nikola Tesla (Century Illustrated Magazine, June 1900)

It is really hard to take anti-plant and anti-carb proponents seriously when most of the brightest among us adamantly disagree.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    B-but, didn't you know? Carbs make people stupid, the brilliant KimchiNinja said so in relation to increased triglycerides = impaired cognitive function.

(Which has more to do with obesity-induced oxidative stress and synaptic dysfunction)

This forum sometimes... Correlation =/= causation.
    nihil

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, just look at some of these dumb ass vegetarians...

Albert Einstein
    Leonardo Da Vinci
    Srinivasa Ramanujan
    Gandhi
    Vincent Van Gogh
    Thomas Edison
    Pythagoras
    Mark Twain
    Franz Kafka

On another note, this is one of the funniest sites I've seen: Vegetarians are Evil - Official Homepage
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    B-but, didn't you know? Carbs make people stupid, the brilliant KimchiNinja said so in relation to increased triglycerides = impaired cognitive function.

(Which has more to do with obesity-induced oxidative stress and synaptic dysfunction)

This forum sometimes... Correlation =/= causation.
    I would love to be as "stupid" as Tesla; the man's IQ was probably near 300!

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Yeah, just look at some of these dumb ass vegetarians...

Albert Einstein
    Leonardo Da Vinci
    Srinivasa Ramanujan
    Gandhi
    Vincent Van Gogh
    Thomas Edison
    Pythagoras
    Mark Twain
    Franz Kafka

On another note, this is one of the funniest sites I've seen: Vegetarians are Evil - Official Homepage
    Ha. yeah. Carbs clearly rotted their brains.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    I would love to be as "stupid" as Tesla; the man's IQ was probably near 300!
    Mr. Tesla was a genius when it comes to electricity. That doesn't mean he knew anything about nutrition.

He is categorizing meat eating as "barbarous". That shows that this is not about science, this is an emotional argument on his part.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Mr. Tesla was a genius when it comes to electricity. That doesn't mean he knew anything about nutrition.
    Speculation.

He is categorizing meat eating as "barbarous". That shows that this is not about science, this is an emotional argument on his part.
    Having a bias toward animal welfare does not automatically discredit his other statements. He was not one to make statements in haste. He was a person who put great meaning into almost everything he said. I do not believe he would make such statements without so much as disclaimer if he didn't feel the science was on his side.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Tesla also died a virgin. Sometimes you have to give up things in order to be great at something.

For the record, I am not fully on the Tesla bandwagon. I'm sure he was an intelligent man, but history has a funny way of being written. Often, one man with charisma can stand on the back of 10 guys with just as much ingenuity and importance. I've read that much of his fame had to do with him stealing patents coming out at around the same time and then promoting them as his own. I never cared enough to look into exactly whether this was true or not.

I can say though that I agree with Tesla on some of his intuitions that have been unproven as of yet. Him, Walter Russell, Ed Leedskalnin (not a scientist but a very curious character) all intuitively visualized circular forces that I believe are currently absent from modern physics theory.

This doesn't really mean anything, but it was a sketch by Walter Russell in attempt to describe an atom. Pretty similar to what I was drawing a few years ago. I read a book on Tesla that spoke of a similar idea, but I don't have a photos to show of it.
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 06-17-2013 at 02:19 AM.

momrn is offline Member
    "I do not believe he would make such statements without so much as disclaimer if he didn't feel the science was on his side."

Speculation.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by momrn View Post
    "I do not believe he would make such statements without so much as disclaimer if he didn't feel the science was on his side."

Speculation.
    Perhaps. That's why I said it is my belief. He may have known absolutely nothing about nutrition, but my bet is on him knowing a great deal about it. Guess we'll never know.
    Last edited by j3nn; 06-16-2013 at 10:49 AM.

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast