Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Nikola Tesla: Oatmeal > Meat page 6

wiltondeportes Guest
    Primal Fuel
    I take vegetarian claims with a grain of salt. I've personally experienced my grandma claiming this for years. In her own head, she's vegetarian or a pescatarian. In reality, she will savor a nice chunk of red meat if you put it front of her.

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    :3 it's a good thing carbs don't affect my sense of humor at least
    Lol, I just noticed that one too! You are insanely witty, you know, for a sugar addict.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    Meat doesn't bring everyone pleasure. I imagine for some sex isn't pleasurable either.
    You're missing the point. Those are pleasures.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Perhaps he thought both were "barbarous".
    Exactly...

Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    You're missing the point. Those are pleasures.
    Not universally true. I take great pleasure in flossing until my gums bleed, many don't agree there's pleasure in that.

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

wiltondeportes Guest
    Not universally true. I take great pleasure in flossing until my gums bleed, many don't agree there's pleasure in that.
    Has there been a movement created or general lifestyle choice defined in which people give up bloody flossing for moral reasons?

Some vegetarians may *claim* they don't like meat, but that's B.S. in my opinion. They morally chose for one reason or another to not eat the meat, and then their brain adapted to this decision by telling the conscious "good job, I don't like it anyway". The mind has a funny way of producing happiness almost out of thin air.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Yeah, just look at some of these dumb ass vegetarians...

Albert Einstein
    Leonardo Da Vinci
    Srinivasa Ramanujan
    Gandhi
    Vincent Van Gogh
    Thomas Edison
    Pythagoras
    Mark Twain
    Franz Kafka
    You forgot Adolf Hitler on that excellent list Yogabare! Hmmm, does vegetarianism make morally better humans? I am not too sure about that...

Famous bad guy vegetarian from the past:

Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    Has there been a movement created or general lifestyle choice defined in which people give up bloody flossing for moral reasons?

Some vegetarians may *claim* they don't like meat, but that's B.S. in my opinion. They morally chose for one reason or another to not eat the meat, and then their brain adapted to this decision by telling the conscious "good job, I don't like it anyway". The mind has a funny way of producing happiness almost out of thin air.
    I do think some people might live in denial until they convince themselves otherwise. This happens in all areas, Paleo as well. "Spaghetti is disgusting now, I can't believe I ever liked it!" I even see symptoms of Stockholm syndrome in many people who sound like they're still trying to convince themselves what they say is true; they demonize their former inclusion and have seemingly undying devotion to the alternative. Maybe this is a coping mechanism on a subconscious level, but we've all heard similar stories from someone who quits something. I quit smoking 7 years ago and I do find the scent rather repulsive now, but I still remember the pleasurable sensation and know that I'd still be smoking if the risks didn't outweigh the pleasures for me.

Paleobird Guest
    I take great pleasure in flossing until my gums bleed, many don't agree there's pleasure in that.
    I always knew you were a little odd............

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    If vegetarians didn't miss meat, there wouldn't be such a great selection of veggie cheeses, veggie burgers, tofurkey, and the like. I haven't yet seen anything like, "tastes like tofu but made with real meat."

That said, I miss bread. I love bread - good bread, not the fluffy white crap on most supermarket aisles. Pre-primal, I figured, if it tasted good, it would taste better between two slices of bread. I absolutely love subs, heroes, po'boys, or whatever the regional name for them is. Pastrami without rye? Lox without a bagel? Brie and paté without a sourdough baguette? A burger without an English muffin? Absurd. Now I indulge occasionally, but the longer I remain primal, the less often I indulge. I still don't know what to do with pastrami, except that it tastes great next to fried eggs.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Lol, I just noticed that one too! You are insanely witty, you know, for a sugar addict.
    <3 thanks, I get it from my mom

Your latest post is really informative with many good points btw.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast