Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Nikola Tesla: Oatmeal > Meat page 3

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    Really? This is the stupidest thread of the week? Lol! Hilarious. Did I strike a nerve?
    No, you struck my funny bone with your desperation.

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    When electricians get to tell me how to eat, you can put me down with a fork to the temple.
    I don't think anyone should tell you how to eat.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    No, you struck my funny bone with your desperation.
    What desperation is that? I eat meat, I enjoy it. I'm not trying to convert anyone to vegetarianism, but I don't mind reminding anti-plant radicals that many of the smartest and most accomplished by and large did not agree with their advice--just for funsies.

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Fatray is offline Junior Member
    I did 30 days vegetation. I didn't gain or lose any weight but I felt hungry all the time. Low carb paleo I've lost 50# with no hunger. Could it be differences in ancestry? I cant argue with someone like Tesla, but I can listen to my body. And it does seem more like an emotional statement rather than an intellectual one.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Boy, this gets the stupid thread of the week award. Honestly, you couldn't find a better poster child than an oatmeal loving vegetarian? Where's the 30BAD guy when you need him?
    It's just a light hearted dig back at KNinja's equally stupid (but earnest) thread about how eating carbs makes you dumb. J3nn was just pointing out that there are high carb geniuses (like Tesla).

I guess no one found the vegetarian's are evil link funny then...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I guess no one found the vegetarian's are evil link funny then...
    I did.

I saw the quote in the OP in a meme on Facebook and could not resist placing it in contrast to that ridiculous thread in the nutrition forum.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Usually you find inspiration from enlightened minds, because, they don't often do anything without extensive thought process.

Famous carnivores:

Speculated cavemen
    Speculated Alaska tribesmen
    That one guy in that rock band
    Paleobird
    Lassie
    The MGM Lion
    Rin Tin Tin

I think the vegetarians have the edge here. Humans can't survive for long on only meat(has never been actually proven otherwise), but can survive just fine not eating any meat(has been proven). I guess this is why we're omnivorous.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    I think the vegetarians have the edge here. Humans can't survive for long on only meat(has never been actually proven otherwise), but can survive just fine not eating any meat(has been proven). I guess this is why we're omnivorous.
    Not really. If you do nose to tail meat you can thrive just fine. Vegetarians need B12 shots. As to being omnivores, who said otherwise?

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Not really. If you do nose to tail meat you can thrive just fine. Vegetarians need B12 shots. As to being omnivores, who said otherwise?
    Why would you need b12 shots if you eat bottom feeders like oysters, or eggs, or dairy products? Vegetarians aren't vegans, veganism is a myth.

Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I think there is good reason oatmeal is often also called gruel, and that gruel comes from to accept punishment.

Of course... this thread is a good tongue in cheek response to that other thread.
    I agree to that.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast