Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast

Thread: Nikola Tesla: Oatmeal > Meat page 26

Zach is offline Banned
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Markbt View Post
    To get this nonsense thread back on track after being derailed by Hitler, lions, vegans, the consumption of rotting carcases, politics, survival in the wilderness, and predicting the future, by what mechanism would eating mushed up soggy grains make a person smart? I'm not saying people who eat lots of oatmeal cannot be smart, I just don't think their intelligence is connected to the consumption of oatmeal.

High carb or low carb, high fat or low fat, carnivorous or vegetarian, Primal is about making food and health decisions based upon science and evidence, even if it isn't the mainstream science. I am not aware of any particular neurological benefits of soggy grain. We all know this, so I guess we all just wanted a stupid excuse to argue about a bunch of stupid irrelevant nonsense.

Eat what you like and what makes you feel healthy, just like Tesla probably did. Arguing on the internet is rarely conducive to inventions that change the world.
    Its not about the consumption of oatmeal, its about the avoidance of animal flesh.

0Angel0 is offline Senior Member
    I see a lot of confusion here between a predator and an obligate carnivore. A predator is an animal who would naturally prey on other animals for all or a portion of it's food. An obligate carnivore is an animal who is physiologically dependent on nutrients found only from animal sources.

Vultures are obligate carnivores yet they rarely prey on animals in favor of scavenging. A lion is an obligate carnivore who will prey or scavenge depending on what's easier. A bear is an omnivore but is anyone here going to argue that a Grizzly isn't a predator as well? Rats are another example of predators who are also omnivores. Many people who have kept both pet rats and pet mice know what I mean! Chimps are another example of omnivorous predators.

My dogs are not allowed to run the neighborhood preying on cats, squirrels, and lizards for their dinner. Does that make them any less the predator? Does that mean that a meat based diet isn't healthiest for them? Humans are omnivores and our natural state is one of a predator and sometimes a scavenger. Buying food from the grocery store or hunting it down and killing it with our bare hands makes no difference to that.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    just like religion, different paths will get you to the same end?
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I used to think I was funny until I met Kathy Griffin. Im gonna have to call my mama and have her tell me how good I am. - ginger minj

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    Pretty much. As if any specific diet has yet to prove health and longevity beyond the maximum 120 years or so. I think science will win that race.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - Samuel Adams

Paleobird Guest
    Ooooh, gooody! We haven't argued about religion yet on this thread. It's high time.

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Ooooh, gooody! We haven't argued about religion yet on this thread. It's high time.
    Followed by gender issues, then art, solilopsy, nihilism and back to Hitler (because every internet debate must end with Nazis)?
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    I think I did actually bring up the difference between spirits in the plants and animals vs. distant sky gods, but nobody took the bait.

kiks is offline Member
    i couldn't kill an animal but i could clean it and hack it to pieces no problem. what does this mean about my primality?
    I think it just means you have never been taught to kill an animal, and that you have never starved which might lead you to kill an animal. I don't think it means anything else.

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    Bigger brain > bigger muscles

All throughout history people have taken vows of celibacy, many find the spiritual and mental stimulation far more intense. I find it admirable.
    If you take a vow of celibacy, but never had a chance of getting laid in the first place do you still get super celibacy laser vision?

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Learn More

where do we begin?
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I used to think I was funny until I met Kathy Griffin. Im gonna have to call my mama and have her tell me how good I am. - ginger minj

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast