Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Nikola Tesla: Oatmeal > Meat page 24

Zach is offline Banned
    Shop Now
    Also the alpha predator persona of the average paleo eater is so amusing. Eating meat does not make you a predator. No one here would survive a month in the wild alone without anything.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    pissing contest? can i join?!

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!! HOW PRIMAL ARE YOUUUUU!!! NO MEATS VS HALF MEATS VS ALL MEATS IN A BATTLE ROYALE FOR WORLD DOMINATION THIS SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!

i couldn't kill an animal but i could clean it and hack it to pieces no problem. what does this mean about my primality?
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Humans have always been more scavengers then anything else. We are more like hyenas then lions.
    Exactly. In the wild, back then, without guns, humans are at a great disadvantage against other predators, wild boars, etc;
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    On the other hand, perhaps the claim of eating meat is merely part of the character she is playing on this forum.
    WTF are you talking about? You post nonsense in every thread, usually in the form of straw men arguments, but now a headless avatar is accusing me of being a troll? lol
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    I'm going to take a wild guess and imagine that the folks having a go at people who don't hunt also do not hunt...

Strange business that.
    None of us claim to be meat eating predators though. We accept that human beings are opportunistic scavengers who always ride the coattails of someone else and trade it for something else(money)
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    None of us claim to be meat eating predators though. We accept that human beings are opportunistic scavengers who always ride the coattails of someone else and trade it for something else(money)
    I don't even think animal husbandry qualifies as predatory. Like shooting fish in a barrel, or like planting marigolds.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I'm not a "meat eating predator".

I'm an omnivore.
    Eating what was available, including that which I could kill given the opportunity.
    And humans did often MAKE that opportunity happen with tools and hunting practices, and much later husbandry.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

GuitarGrok is offline Senior Member
    Are the North American Natives scavengers for driving buffalo off of jumps, and processing the meat into pemican, and jerky to feed themselves through the winter??

Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have also read about hunter gatherer tribes hunting with spears so they are defiantly not scavengers.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGrok View Post
    Are the North American Natives scavengers for driving buffalo off of jumps, and processing the meat into pemican, and jerky to feed themselves through the winter??

Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have also read about hunter gatherer tribes hunting with spears so they are defiantly not scavengers.
    Hyenas will kill when the opportunity arrises as well. A true predator will be a carnivore and born with the tools to kill. Felines, canines, sharks, etc.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    I'm going to take a wild guess and imagine that the folks having a go at people who don't hunt also do not hunt...

Strange business that.
    Keep in mind that all true predators are also scavengers. Many scavenge more of their diet than they hunt. That's why the "humans aren't predators because they don't have 3" long fangs and can't kill large animals with their bare hands" argument is silly.

Just as our ancestors used to steal marrow bones and skulls from lions and leopards, so also do our cats fish through the trash. When we are at the supermarket we are behaving as scavengers, as any self-respecting predator would do when unguarded kill was lying around ready to be stolen.

Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast