Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Nikola Tesla: Oatmeal > Meat page 23

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I really think there is an element of self righteousness involved however in saying, "Well I am a morally superior being because I at least feel bad about it. Look at me. I'm soooo evolved."
    Haha, no. It's not about moral superiority; I do not judge others who do not feel the way I do. I have never even given it as much thought as this thread has provoked! I do, however, believe that many of our ways are primitive and can be improved upon.

You are a predator. The sooner you accept that and live in harmony with it, the happier you will be.
    Thank you, Dr. Phil.

Fighting against your own true nature internally with every forkful of steak must be a very sad way to live.
    It would be, if that were the case. I don't live like that. You have a wild imagination.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Good points Derpamix, only wannabe predators to see around here...

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Actually, you're a scavenger. Buying meat online from a factory or farm doesn't mean you're a predator. You're just trying to sound cool and glorify the process of eating fattened hormonally manipulated domesticated animals who don't know how to survive anymore.

If you actively go out and hunt everything you eat, then, sure, you're a predator. Otherwise, no, you're just an opportunist. The people you actively model your diet after didn't even consume such copious amounts of meat, because they mostly just ate whatever leftovers they found.
    qft.

Human beings are opportunists above all else. I would not kill my own animal unless I absolutely had to. I'm lazy and kind of a prima donna. I don't even like handling raw meat much less processing it from its last breath. I eat meat because it's so easy to obtain and tasty. I'd fish before resorting to hunting in a survival situation.

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Really?
    You don't think anyone here hunts?
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Really?
    Maybe .5% of people on these forums hunt, the rest just eat bacon while sitting behind a desk at work. And that .5% are desk jockeys who go out and shoot bambi on a weekend and drink a few beers with their son/friend and talk about how alpha male they are.

It's 2013, time to embrace real human nature.
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

Really?
    Not as many as order from US Wellness from their air conditioned home office.

Zach is offline Banned
    Humans have always been more scavengers then anything else. We are more like hyenas then lions.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Wow. I slept in and this thread has gone to some really weird places.

OK, J3nn, you've already admitted the hypocrisy of feeling bad about animals dying yet eating them anyway so I won't beat you over the head with that.

I really think there is an element of self righteousness involved however in saying, "Well I am a morally superior being because I at least feel bad about it. Look at me. I'm soooo evolved."

Absolutely ridiculous.

You are a predator. The sooner you accept that and live in harmony with it, the happier you will be. Fighting against your own true nature internally with every forkful of steak must be a very sad way to live.
    On the other hand, perhaps the claim of eating meat is merely part of the character she is playing on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    You mean, aside from the wannabe herbivores and breathetarians?

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Really?
    Modern hunting does not make you a "predator" in my book! Only if you run after the prey and kill it with your own teeth and claws will give you a predator golden star...

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I'm going to take a wild guess and imagine that the folks having a go at people who don't hunt also do not hunt...

Strange business that.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast