Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Nikola Tesla: Oatmeal > Meat page 21

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    You don't have to do anything, but I'd prefer we all looked at our food with reverence and respect rather than pity. My problem is the implication that you feel more righteous about eating anything else, as if the death you don't see on your plate doesn't count.

Would you be happy knowing that your sole purpose is to feed the bacteria and worms? Because what you're implying is extremely anthropocentric and the universe isn't.

If lions were capable of our type of morality, what would you suggest they eat?

Hell, every day you don't get yourself eaten you're putting something out. That's why I say, if you feel so guilty about taking your damn turn, feed yourself to a shark.
    I use complex moral system as a nice way of saying arrogance, because, it's obvious that our feeling of morality is just guilt because we put ourselves on a higher level, even though we're all here just to feed the planet. The danger lies in when human beings think they're higher than this, and that's why we're killing the planet by sucking away all its resources and living way too long.

And, I know that life is pointless, I'm a nihilist, and I'm not exactly happy either.
    nihil

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    If I went to the Ray Peat forums (are there Ray Peat forums?) and tried to share my ideas over there, I wouldn't complain about being called a troll. Not sure why his acolytes are offended by the terminology when they come here.
    Not offended, but it's used in the wrong context, because no one is actually trolling here. If you want to see trolling, go to some pits of the internet.

I would call them wrong for calling you a troll for that there too. Are there even consensus of opinions here? This place is a clusterfuck.
    nihil

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    I use complex moral system as a nice way of saying arrogance, because, it's obvious that our feeling of morality is just guilt because we put ourselves on a higher level, even though we're all here just to feed the planet. The danger lies in when human beings think they're higher than this, and that's why we're killing the planet by sucking away all its resources and living way too long.
    Inside the community vs. outside the community. Spirits in the plants and animals vs. invisible sky gods. I think we're actually on the same page here.

Zach is offline Banned
    If I went to the Ray Peat forums (are there Ray Peat forums?) and tried to share my ideas over there, I wouldn't complain about being called a troll. Not sure why his acolytes are offended by the terminology when they come here.
    Actually i bet you would get a rational and constructive discussion. Most Peat followers have run the gauntlet of diets and are very open minded. Not so with Paleo, most think this is the golden god of diets and immediately put their blinders on. Add on top of thatt the low cognitive function of ketosis...

You're conflating death with the absence of energy? Maybe you should get a dictionary and look up the word energy.
    When a biological creature is dead, does it still require energy?

Go back to your comic books and leave the rational adults alone.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accelerating_change

How is getting defensive about a diet like some would defend their religion in any way rational?

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    You don't have to do anything, but I'd prefer we all looked at our food with reverence and respect rather than pity. My problem is the implication that you feel more righteous about eating anything else, as if the death you don't see on your plate doesn't count.
    Dude, I feel bad when I accidentally kill a bug whether it was part of my food or not. I do feel bad for any loss of life down the line, even more so if I purposely target it. But like I said about 8709383 times in this thread, my selfishness by far outweighs my compassion for animals, obviously. I feel bad, but obviously not bad enough to put the life of others before my own.
    Last edited by j3nn; 06-17-2013 at 09:39 AM.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    Yup. Clearly fruitarianism is the only morally acceptable dietary protocol!
    In the case of fruits, the plants take an highly immoral advantage of ignorant fruit eaters making a food colorful and so sweet tasting that the frugivore eat so much of it that he get a diarrhea, and so the seeds are spread by onset of a mild diarrhea of an innocent frugivore! Just take a look on the shit from birds or other animals that eat lots of fruits, they all get diarreha…

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DamienMaddox View Post
    It's still in research phases and won't be in production for years. Don't you think its a little ignorant to judge something without ever having seen or tried it?

What about the fecal matter and bacteria that occurs and comes in contact with organic meats? How does "test tube" meat gross you out more than that?
    i live in a rural area, i'm comfortable with 'contaminated'. i don't mind dirty, and no i don't think it's ignorant at all.

i think meat grown in a lab is repulsive
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    In the case of fruits, the plants take an highly immoral advantage of ignorant fruit eaters making a food colorful and so sweet tasting that the frugivore eat so much of it that he get a diarrhea, and so the seeds are spread by onset of a mild diarrhea of an innocent frugivore! Just take a look on the shit from birds or other animals that eat lots of fruits, they all get diarreha…
    Damn oranges. I knew they were up to no good!!
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    Dude, I feel bad when I accidentally kill a bug whether it was part of my food or not. I do feel bad for any loss of life down the line, even more so if I purposely target it. But like I said about 8709383 times in this thread, my selfishness by far outweighs my compassion for animals, obviously. I feel bad, but obviously not bad enough to put the life of others before my own.
    So, when you choose to intervene and save the life of an insect that has gotten itself stuck, say a ladybug in a puddle, do you also feel bad?
    The ladybug had clearly come to it's own end, and by saving it's life you will cause hundreds more deaths because the ladybug will go on to eat many, many aphids. Gobble them up alive.
    Any guilt there?

If not then there shouldn't be with any animal you consume for food.

I do the same thing. I save small creatures, but I have no illusions or qualms about the part they play in the grand circle.
    Things eat and/or are eaten, and that is OK.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast