Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Nikola Tesla: Oatmeal > Meat page 20

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Thrive Market
    Can you stop calling everyone with a different opinion than you a troll? This is not trolling. FFS, this is what happens when older people discover the internet in 2011.
    nihil

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Personally I find eating grains a bit barbaric as well! Think about it; those poor wheat and oats plants don’t want their seed to be eaten by herbivores and humans, and tries to protect themselves as best they can with a defence system of anti-nutrients such as phytates and lectins, so eating them are definitely against their will…

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Plus as we age, we do not need as much animal products. I do believe it can be detrimental for older people to eat the same amount of animal products as a young person.
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Have to admit that's a new one for me, but not something I'd dismiss outright. Got any non-Ray Peat articles that address this?
    Some years back I read about a study that was testing the hypothesis that (mostly sedentary) elderly people need less protein than younger people. They found this was not true. It was one of those experiments where they ended up stopping it early because of the detrimental effects on the health of the participants. Sorry, no links. I read about this before the internet.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Personally I find eating grains a bit barbaric as well! Think about it; those poor wheat and oats plants don’t want their seed to be eaten by herbivores and humans, and tries to protect themselves as best they can with a defence system of anti-nutrients such as phytates and lectins, so eating them are definitely against their will…
    The comedian Tim Sample did a character who was a carnivore who came to the realization that vegetables are innocent, while cows are so bored they are ready to die.

Zach is offline Banned
    Rich, nothing i could link you to right now just because im on my phone. Mainly because a full grown adults protein requirements are significantly less then a teenagers. Add to that the inflammatory effects of certain aminos, pufa and iron will accelerate the aging process and cause the diseases of aging. Not to mention the high amount of toxins stored in animal tissues.

All these things can be dealt with and even put to good use when growing but later in life can cause significant problems. I think exercise can mimic the growth process though and thats why many elderly people who have been active their whole life, age much better then their sedentary counterparts.

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Yup. Clearly fruitarianism is the only morally acceptable dietary protocol!
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Older people don't need less protein, they need less excitatory amino acids such as tryptophan(also carcinogenic), glutamate, aspartic acid, etc;
    nihil

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    I don't think either are generally humane, but not equally barbaric either depending on where the dairy farm is and their policies. Differing degrees from small farm to mass production milking machines. You keep trying to make a point that I am misguided when I already admitted a few pages back that I am hypocritical. I eat meat and dairy, but I dislike the means to the end. Do I really need to love it and be happy about it?
    You don't have to do anything, but I'd prefer we all looked at our food with reverence and respect rather than pity. My problem is the implication that you feel more righteous about eating anything else, as if the death you don't see on your plate doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Circle of life and whatnot, but, propose, that if a cow is happy, would it be happy knowing that you're going to stick a pole through its brain and eat it later? Or, would it be happy knowing that its sole purpose in life is to feed you? Likely not.
    Would you be happy knowing that your sole purpose is to feed the bacteria and worms? Because what you're implying is extremely anthropocentric and the universe isn't.

Lions don't have nearly the same complex moral system as human beings(some anyway) thus, the way they think, perceive, and act is entirely different(or should be) than a human being.
    If lions were capable of our type of morality, what would you suggest they eat?

No matter what you eat though, you're going to put someone, or something out. Welcome to plantation earth.
    Hell, every day you don't get yourself eaten you're putting something out. That's why I say, if you feel so guilty about taking your damn turn, feed yourself to a shark.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I would argue with the definition of barbarian and barbarism as a Roman fallacy.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Can you stop calling everyone with a different opinion than you a troll? This is not trolling. FFS, this is what happens when older people discover the internet in 2011.
    If I went to the Ray Peat forums (are there Ray Peat forums?) and tried to share my ideas over there, I wouldn't complain about being called a troll. Not sure why his acolytes are offended by the terminology when they come here.

Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast