Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Nikola Tesla: Oatmeal > Meat page 18

GuitarGrok is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I just read this whole thread, and to be honest I think there are a couple of things that should be said.

First, I find farmed fish, and commercial raised animals to be barbaric. The treatment of those animals is completely wrong. If that was our only option for meats I would feel bad about eating them. Pasture raised animals, and wild animals that are happy are a great source of meat. This brings me to point number two if it wasn't for meat consumption there would be little to no cattle in the world. The pasture raised animals raised by farmers who care for their animals, protect them from predators provide good grazing land etc are very humane. And without meat consumption those animals likely would have never been born.

I also think most people's views on consuming animal products are affected by their exposure to animals while growing up. My neighbor who hunts, and butchers the animals in his garage gets help with the butchering from his daughters. They have no problems with getting involved because they were exposed to it from a young age. My neighbor, and his family have a lot of respect for nature, and animals, but that doesn't stop them from hunting to feed their family.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DamienMaddox View Post
    In my opinion that is probably the most irrational opinion that has been expressed in this thread.
    Thus reinforcing why your opinion doesn't hold much weight with me.

The raw materials test tube meat is made from is no different from the raw materials that biological meat is made from. There are a finite number of elements available to make things out of. To say that test tube meat would *have to* be different from organic meat is like saying that ice frozen outside in the winter is somehow different from that same water being frozen in a freezer.
    Not sure what I said that you think you're contradicting.

If energy cannot be destroyed, then that would contradict that life is death.
    Just no. So very no. Life is death because energy cannot be created nor destroyed. There are producers, intermediates, and degraders on this planet. All of the energy (other than a few deep-sea communities) comes from the sun. But even the producers eat. Do you know what topsoil is? How many organisms are in a cubic foot of humus? Your ignorance is showing.

So far no one has proven that energy can be destroyed.
    Nobody has remotely made any such claims.

It is the nature of life to evolve. You are suggesting we go against that core function of life. If life on earth has any hope to survive the ultimate death of the sun, it will have to advance beyond a society that requires raising animals to slaughter for energy.
    Life on earth, as we know it, has no hope to survive the ultimate death of the sun. If you think people can live independently of the greater community of life on planet earth, I want some of what you're smoking.

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    You think keeping dairy cows is more humane than keeping meat cattle? Aren't bivalves and shellfish animals?
    Slightly less inhumane, but still a terrible process in most cases, especially for the fate of the male calf. Yes, bivalves and shellfish are animals. So is the bacon burger I ate last night. I'm not anti-meat.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - Samuel Adams

GuitarGrok is offline Senior Member
    Also I should mention that there are a lot of animals being displaced by agriculture, and being harmed by the pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizers used on agriculture land. Organic doesn't mean no pesticides, herbicides, or fertilizers, just natural ones. There are a lot of people who think that the bee population is declining due to a herbicide that the bees are not tolerant to.

Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    Slightly less inhumane, but still a terrible process in most cases, especially for the fate of the male calf. Yes, bivalves and shellfish are animals. So is the bacon burger I ate last night. I'm not anti-meat.
    I'd like to know your definition of humane if you think keeping dairy cattle is less inhumane than keeping pastured beef animals for slaughter.

max219 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    I think if somebody could put together a really awesome vegan diet, and then add some meat, you'd have a helluva diet there!
    Just eating a bunch of good quality eggs yolks, and dairy, in addition to rice/potatoes/fruit can be a great way to avoid eating animals, toxins, and still get a great amount of energy and nutrients. Add coconuts and chocolate and even better.

Of course I feel eating wild fish and properly raised meat/organs would not hurt this diet.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    You are surrounded by unnatural things. The keyboard you type on does not occur naturally. The dishes you eat on do not occur naturally. There are beverages, condiments, and many other things that people ingest that do not occur naturally.

Chances are that you will not know the difference between invitro meat and organic meat unless it is labeled.
    Im aware of all the unnatural man made crap i use, test tube meat shoots past all that like a cat with its tail on fire
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I used to think I was funny until I met Kathy Griffin. Im gonna have to call my mama and have her tell me how good I am. - ginger minj

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    You are surrounded by unnatural things. The keyboard you type on does not occur naturally. The dishes you eat on do not occur naturally. There are beverages, condiments, and many other things that people ingest that do not occur naturally.

Chances are that you will not know the difference between invitro meat and organic meat unless it is labeled.
    Sounds like you don't know zip about in vitro meat products. Did you forget to read up on them? Have you forgotten what it is like to eat meat?

Quick poll...

Are internet trolls natural or unnatural?

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    You think keeping dairy cows is more humane than keeping meat cattle? Aren't bivalves and shellfish animals?
    I also dont agree with the humane argument of vegetarians/vegans. Everything we do creates death, its completely impossible to live without harming. Is an insects or fishs life any less important then a cow?

I look at it purely in terms of health. And for me, animal products, mainly farmed meat is far more toxic then a mostly plant based diet. If we could all go back to eating completely wild game then my opinion would change. Although the same can be said about vegetables sprayed with roundup vs organic. I just think that the way animals are treated these days and how we eat them, completely changes how our bodies handle it.

Plus as we age, we do not need as much animal products. I do believe it can be detrimental for older people to eat the same amount of animal products as a young person.

I think this thread started off just about eating more carbs, which i agree with. The whole vegetarian vs carnivore vs omnivore vs vegan thing is pretty pointless because there are too many variables. The moral and humane argument is completely rediculous because life causes death, how much is irrelevant.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Are internet trolls natural or unnatural?
    Pffft. Arsenic is natural. Doesn't mean I want it around.

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast