Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plants vegetables page

sting is offline Senior Member

Plants vegetables

Shop Now
    Just come across this article interested in others opinions he gives vegetables a bit of a bagging

Article We don't need to consume plants

We Don't Need to Eat Plants
    In Short :
    We are not pigeons.
    We are not cows.
    Therefore we don't have a crop to digest cereals, nor 4 stomachs to gradually digest grasses or leaves. Cereals and vegetables contain many different substances inhibiting digestion and the uptake of nutrients in humans. To maximally absorb all required nutrients, you need to consume easy-digestible raw foods. And fruits and sashimi or fresh raw egg yolk (mixed with avocado) combined, contain all nutrients you need. There is not a single nutrient in vegetables or cereals, fruits do not contain. (see site3)
    To prevent your tummy to swell; don’t consume any beans, vegetables or grains. However, some vegetables you may find easy to digest, which allows you to eat these.

Why would we need a crop or 4 stomachs to digest cereals, beans or vegetables ?

Just take a look at animals consuming plants only, like cattle, elephants, horses, koala bears, hippo’s, gorilla’s etc.; what do they all have in common ?
    All animals that eat plants only, have swollen bellies, because fibers can only be decomposed bacterially, causing gasses to originate. If you consume much grains, vegetables or beans, you definitely can forget about that flat tummy. (it’s not just about fat!) Cereals and beans contain about 6-fold more fiber as fruit averagely does. This fiber also inhibits essential cholesterol absorption
    Last edited by sting; 06-16-2013 at 06:57 AM.

Paleo0731 is offline Senior Member
    Is he talking about insoluble or soluble fiber?

sting is offline Senior Member
    Not sure but he mentions a range of different kind of vegetables, i assume both.

ToldUzo is offline Senior Member
    Just remember when vegetables, beans and grains are cooked or prepared in some other way, they are often easier digested... Besides, we also need to eat everything from the animals to get enough nutrition.
    What on earth?! Take a walk on the wild side.

picklepete is online now Senior Member
    People get really stressed out by vegetables because so much health advice starts with "get your 10+ servings every single day" followed by a bunch of inedible salt-free fat-free recipes (even though leaves and stalks are always dressed with salt and fat in world cuisine).

That said, I eat quite a lot. My vitC and potassium targets are easier to hit with vegetables, plus I just enjoy chewing and swallowing. But I don't doubt someone could thrive without them.
    35//6'3"/180

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Reba is offline Junior Member
    Personally, I find it difficult to take any health advice seriously from a writer who doesn't know how to properly use apostrophes

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    IMO vegetables are likely a break even for most people. Not necessary, but not detrimental. Eat em if you like em, but don't stress if you cant find a way to make them palatable.

picklepete is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    find a way to make them palatable.
    This might be the root of it. My generation grew up with canned carrot slices boiled to death in a school cafeteria. My mother drank deep of the no-fat nectar in the 80s so all of our vegetables were microwaved into mush with nothing added.

In college I studied in Japan and China then moved to a neighborhood with legit cuisine from Ecuador, Lebanon, Malaysia, etc. and now I salivate over correctly cooked plants.
    35//6'3"/180

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    Personally, I find it difficult to take any health advice seriously from a writer who doesn't know how to properly use apostrophes
    It's pretty evident from reading it that English is not the author's first language so I will cut him/her a break on grammatical perfection.

Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    IMO vegetables are likely a break even for most people. Not necessary, but not detrimental. Eat em if you like em, but don't stress if you cant find a way to make them palatable.
    This exactly. I am not, as I have been accused of being, "anti-plant", more like anti feeling that one must have huge quantities of plant matter all the time if one is to have any hope of being healthy.

Reba is offline Junior Member
    just trying to make a joke. I guess I won't do that anymore.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast