Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: low carb, really high body temperature at night page 2

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Co-sleeping is definitely Primal!

Kristin, no links, but Itsthewooo (a keto-blogger) posted recently describing the heating up phenomena in herself. She attributes it to being a "hard gainer", or obesity resistant. These particular bodies preferentially burn the fat, rather than keep it in storage-- at least when down to a certain level of body fat.
    Hmm. My husband is a hard-gainer and has episodes of night sweats regularly, but he consumes probably 400-500g carbs a day and stays thin as a rail.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

kristin is offline Junior Member
    Thanks- I got myself some magnesium supplements to help with the cramping, which I think is the only problem with losing so much water. Checking out itsthewoo's blog posts as well. I freaked out a little bit because my friends are constantly lecturing me on my horrible eating habits- too much fat, too much protein and that I would be better off eating everything in 'moderation' aaarg!!

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    Night sweats can be caused by adrenaline spikes.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    Opposite is true for me. Whenever I eat more carbs than typical, I end up unable to sleep at night because I'm so hot.
    This is my experience, too. A carb refeed results in waking up in a pool of sweat, practically on fire.

kristin is offline Junior Member

KestrelSF is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I never have understood the anti-vlc propaganda that lowering your carbs makes you feel cold. I had just the opposite too. I used to sleep with socks on but not any more.

I do sometimes get a flushed feeling if I eat a lot of coconut products in one day. All those MCT's burning up.
    When trying to lose weight before, I went on a 700 calorie a day diet that was VLC and I was always cold. BUT, it was also pretty low in fat too. I was basically eating really lean meat and veggies and hardly any fat OR carbs. From that experience my guess is that either my body had nothing to use for fuel to keep warm or more likely it went into energy conservation mode and turned down the thermostat.
    Apathy is tyranny's greatest ally.

loafingcactus is offline Senior Member
    When I control my eating, I get more cold in general. I'm in North Carolina and I midday here in the summer I am in a sweater sometimes. I am a night heater-upper in general, but much worse when I am building exercise. As I understand it the heating is associated with my auto-immune disorders. The coldness is as well, but it really responds to my level of eating.
    “In God we trust; all others must bring data.” W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KestrelSF View Post
    When trying to lose weight before, I went on a 700 calorie a day diet that was VLC and I was always cold. BUT, it was also pretty low in fat too. I was basically eating really lean meat and veggies and hardly any fat OR carbs. From that experience my guess is that either my body had nothing to use for fuel to keep warm or more likely it went into energy conservation mode and turned down the thermostat.
    Exactly. I think this is why some people try VLC and blame lots of negative symptoms such as cold extremities, hair loss etc on it but really it is the extreme low calories that are sometimes involved.

StephenHLi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kristin View Post
    ha ha ha ha, well...I don't live at home anymore so whenever I go visit it's either her gigantic bed or the couch for me! Grok wouldn't see anything wrong with that
    You don't notice the heat increase, but you do experience the sweating. Does the sweating occur at your own personal residence?

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    Opposite is true for me. Whenever I eat more carbs than typical, I end up unable to sleep at night because I'm so hot.
    +1. I'm having more than usual at the moment (My body seems to have decided to refeed, even if I haven't!) and I'm getting very warm at night. Not enough to stop me sleeping, but enough to make me want to just sleep naked on a tiled floor instead. Oddly, when I open the window so the temperature indoors is closer to that outdoors, then I sleep better, even if the difference is marginal or nonexistent.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast