Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Carbs Make You Stupid page 3

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikee5 View Post
    Yeah, it is more about individuality but overtime carbohydrate restriction has been shown to affect thyroid, hormones, etc. .
    Of course it effects those things positively thats the point!

Oh, and if you meant in a bad way
    "Citation Needed"

KimchiNinja is online now Senior Member
    "We found that cognitive impairments could be induced by direct injection of triglycerides into the brain..."

The whole thing reminds me of the movie Idiocracy; I visualize some slob with a tanker of soda strapped to the head and a nozzle plugged into the mouth, getting dumber, but not able to recognize the problem due to cognitive impairment.

Eating carbs increases triglycerides, and may make you *temporarily* stupid.

But sustained carbs may de-evolve the brain making you and generations to come permanently stupid?

"While human cranial capacity tripled over the 2.5 million years, this trend has recently reversed. Since peaking in the Late Paleolithic, cranial capacity has fallen off about 11%. This diminution has paralleled a decrease in consumption of animal foods...a diminished dietary intake of preformed long chain PUFA, the building blocks necessary for formation of brain tissue...

...association is not necessarily causation, but the fluctuations which have occurred in brain size over evolutionary time correlate well with dietary intake of the preformed long chain PUFA necessary for formation of brain tissue."

http://cast.uark.edu/local/icaes/con...aton/eaton.htm

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KimchiNinja View Post
    New York City Public Schools (N = 1,000,000)

"In the spring of 1979, New York City’s public schools ranked in the 39th percentile on standardized California Achievement Test scores given nationwide. They had been in the lower half of the country for years..."

"They decided to make some changes in their lunch and breakfast program. They ordered a reduction in sugar..."

"In the next set of achievement tests, the schools averaged in the 47th percentile – an increase five times larger than any other documented increase..."

"As they implemented changes eliminating artificial flavoring and coloring, as well as the BHA, and BHT preservatives – school scores rose to the 55th percentile."

* "Before these changes, the more school meals the children ate, the worse their scores. After the changes, this reversed: the more school meals the children ate, the better they did academically..."

** "They found that it was not uniform. Not all children made a 16% improvement. Rather, the lowest achievers improved the most. In 1979, before implementing the dietary changes, 12.4% of the one million students in New York City schools were performing two or more grades below the proper level. These were the “learning disabled” and “repeat failure” children. By the end of 1983, only 4.9% of children were in that category. In other words, 7.5% of a million children – 75,000 children – were no longer “learning disabled” low-achievers, but had become able to perform at the level normal for their age. These were the children that no other efforts had helped. No other hypothesis fits: all changes were related to the dietary changes."

http://www.feingold.org/Research/BLU...-NYschools.pdf
    Saturated fat, cholesterol, red meat and eggs cause heart disease, diabetes and cancer. Says epidemiology.

Triglyceride is fat in the blood. Do you know what increases triglycerides? Burning fat as fuel. People that are in the process of losing body fat generally have high triglycerides. I guess fat loss makes you stupid, too.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    People in the process of losing body fat generally have high triglycerides. I guess fat loss makes you stupid, too.
    It could, but that has never been tested to my knowledge. And it's irrelevant really, since any S/T mental impairment from having elevated triglycerides is outweighed by the health benefits of losing fat and L/T lowering of triglycerides.

I wish people would think things thru.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123