Thread: Howdy from NYC page

pk79 is offline Member

Howdy from NYC

Primal Fuel
    Hey guys,

So i've been reading stuff on this forum for the past few weeks, and have been going primal for about 2 weeks, maybe 3. I feel good, the only question I have is that the scales aren't moving that much. I lost 3lbs the first week, and have stayed there for the last 2 weeks, even though I've been working out (a little), trying to stay under 100 carbs, and all that. Although all of you that stay under 50g of carbs, how the heck do you do that?!?

Anybody have similar experiences starting up?

AnneArchy is offline Senior Member
    You do it by eating F-A-T and the hunger subsides!

Do you go to any Farmer's Markets in Manhattan or are you in another borough? I went to Union Square today and it was like a mosh pit there so I think I'll try another market next weekend.

I really enjoy meeting the people that make my food!

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    I'm from NYC too.

I usually go to the farmer's market at union square too.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

pk79 is offline Member
    Lots of fat huh? Okay by me! I don't spend a lot of time at the Union Sq market. It's always a lot of Fairway and even hit the Prospect Park farmer's market this weekend. And man, I'm looking for any way I possibly can add fat to everything, and it's actually kind of tough!

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Another welcome from NYC, where it's easy to be prehistoric!
    1. Under 50 carbs is basically sticking to fatty meats and a bit of vegetable. Honestly I'm just now after three months getting to the point where a couple or organic all natural sausages sauteed with leeks and lots of butter & lemon looks like "complete dinner". It's kinda something you grow into. This morning's breakfast: 4-5 oz leftover wild caught salmon, sauteed in plenty of butter, 2 boiled eggs from the Union Square market, 1/2 an avocado, and organic salsa over everything. That's the kind of eating that might keep you to 50 carbs in a day.

2. Fairway (72nd st) is great, better than most, but their pastured beef etc. is pretty minimal. You can get ground buffalo there. There is a meat / egg CSA starting up soon, I don' t have the link right now. Also look up Fleischer's, they look like a great source I'm going to order from them soon. There is a spendy but brillliant butcher shop in the Chelsea Market, I forget the name. Everything in there is Primal rules. Good luck and welcome!

pk79 is offline Member

Thanks!

I also found Westerly market on 55th and 8th, I think, and then there's a great butcher shop on Amsterdam and 87th, I think, right next to Popover. I'm going to have to start stretching out my meat repertoire. Salmon for breakfast, my wife would love that.

missnat is offline Junior Member
    You may want to get yourself a carb counter, I got one off amazon with portion sizes in it as well and it is useful to get to know the portions and carbs in veggies and fruits etc in the beginning and it is easy for them to mount up if your not careful. Everyone loses weight at a different rate and while somebody may lose weight on 100g of carbs a day another person may need to drop this down to 50g also make sure you keeping yourself hydrated as this can slow down your metabolism as well. hope this helps x

pk79 is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks nat, I'm actually using daily plate a lot. It's been a real eye opener on how many carbs are in everything!