Thread: Theory on calories.

Threaded View

Theory on calories.

Basically, we all know kcals don't really matter. And we all know someone who, all things being as CW says they are, would need 3000kcal/day who manages on 2000kcal/day and someone who would need 1500kcal/day who needs 1800kcal/day. We all know that a 'calorie' as measured in a lab isn't translated directly into the fuel your body burns. Most of us are aware of the origins of the 2000kcal/day advice (Food Politics » Where did the 2,000 calorie diet idea come from?) and of the different ways the body processes kcals (There Is No Such Thing As A “Calorie” (To Your Body) - GNOLLS.ORG).

And we've all probably had days where, with no change to our regime, we fancied (and ate) far more or far less kcals than the day before.

I propose to you that, on a daily basis, your kcals can go up and down because dietary protein isn't energy. Hear me out. I know it can be transformed into energy. But think about it this way... (continued on blog)

[Posted it to the blog that I'm reviving.
    http://alicerants.blog.com/2013/06/1...y-on-calories/ ]
    Last edited by Kochin; 06-15-2013 at 03:09 AM.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...