Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone here successfully immigrated to the USA? page

YogaBare is offline Senior Member

Has anyone here successfully immigrated to the USA?

Primal Fuel
    Without a fake marriage?

If so, how did you manage it?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    My family did. Immigrated from Vietnam to the US thanks to the Humanitarian Operation program since my dad was a soldier.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    I was born here, but I believe in open borders.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Walk over the border in a sparsely populated area seems to be a popular pastime
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    i made a real marriage
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    I dunno, I'm trying to immigrate out. Maybe we can trade?

loafingcactus is offline Senior Member
    My ex-husband did, but the route he used has now been cut off. Like so many of the routes our parents and grandparents used. None of my ancestors could get in today the way they did at the time. Why, one of em just sailed up to the coast in a little boat called the Mayflower, not even so much as an income guarantee.
    “In God we trust; all others must bring data.” W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Don't even consider a "fake marriage". Before you decide anything, make sure you visit an immigration lawyer to find out your options. People who make plans based on misconceptions about immigration law can seriously mess up the rest of their lives.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    My mom married my US citizen, Army soldier at the time, dad and he just brought her back. They are still together. Mom still is a foreign citizen, but that is entirely her conscious choice - nobody is hindering her.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

loafingcactus is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Don't even consider a "fake marriage". Before you decide anything, make sure you visit an immigration lawyer to find out your options. People who make plans based on misconceptions about immigration law can seriously mess up the rest of their lives.
    Totally. And I've seen a lot of people mess it up thinking they can do it themselves. It is WAAAAYYYY to important and unforgiving a process for that.

And a lawyer knows stuff you have no hope of knowing. For example, I remember one time we had a document due the same day as a major filing deadline for a large group of people that didn't include us. Our lawyer told us that if we filed on that day it would just get lost and for that particular day the lawyers had been told to stay away and just bring their stuff the next day when everything was calmed down and it would still count as being on time.
    “In God we trust; all others must bring data.” W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast