Thread: Convict Conditioning Question page

Takethetree is offline Junior Member

Convict Conditioning Question

Primal Fuel
    Hi guys,

I'm about to start Convict Conditioning - I hope to do two CC workouts a week and one sprint workout (ala Primal Blueprint Fitness).

Question is, suppose you want to divide the 'big six' into two 3-exercise workouts, what's the best way? Would an upper/lower split of squats/bridges/leg raises and pushups/handstand pushups/pullups be good, or is there a better way?

Thanks

nburgraff is offline Member
    Upper/Lower split would be the best.

If you find that it isn't working then you could do something like pushups/squats/pullups and bridges/handstand pushups/leg raises. That would split up the work giving you a push and pull exercise in each workout.

Takethetree is offline Junior Member
    Appreciate the response, thanks

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    If you are starting on CC, you could even do all six exercises both days for a while, though there will be some that you may not progress on at all. As much as I ever tried to rush the program, there is apparently some background behind him saying not to bother with Handstand Pushups and Back Bridges until other exercises have hit a certain level.

Honestly, I'd probably look to find my weak point(s) in those six, then do those at least twice a week. For example, I'm good at pushups and squats, not so good at pullups and leg raises. I probably need more work on the latter two, rather than the former, and should structure my workouts to lean that way.

skline2 is offline Senior Member
    I've gone the other way and taken a very slow, gradual process. I'm following the book's recommendation and not doing bridges or handstand push-ups yet. I started at level one in everything. And, I'm only doing one exercise a day (initially because it allowed my son to sleep in a little longer before school because he is doing it with me). So, Monday is push-ups, Tuesday is leg raises, Wednesday is pull-ups, and Thursday is squats. I figure why rush it. I've got the rest of my life to try and make it to the master level in all six. I've seen quite a bit of progress both in levels/reps and how I look after 6 months. The pull-ups are by far the hardest for me as I'm still on step one of level 2 (10 Australian pull-ups). But, I got on my pull up bar the other day and could actually do a real pull up!