Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Heavy drinker page 5

missblue is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    I think it's a matter of saying "This is who I am now" as opposed to "I stopped drinking". Know what I mean? Almost looking at it as if you're a different person now, and that type of person just naturally doesn't do certain things like drinking.
    Yes--this is so true--I can't even imagine wanting a drink now after so long having to have one. It is almost like somebody else, someone who looks after themselves and has forgiven their past, has moved into my body and is headed for the future.
    I'm glad to hear you are committed to eating well. That makes it so much easier and faster. Before you know it the gout will clear and you'll be walking by the sea.

Sol blackcat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jacmac View Post
    Sol, I reckon you have this under control. Sure you feel shaky on occasions but reading your posts I can 'hear' that steely determination that's needed to kill the habit like a boss!Attachment 12119Attachment 12120

Thanks jacmac, that's nice to hear and I appreciate your thoughts.
    I'm gaining more and more confidence in succeeding day by day. With the comments like yours and the support from everyone who has responded I really am starting to believe in myself.

Getting over this weekend was a massive boost.

badgergirl is offline Senior Member
    You're doing really, really well. Keep taking it one day at a time.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    well its Monday morning with no hangover well done you
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

awok677 is offline Senior Member
    Hey Sol, what sports are you into? I agree that without Sky what we can watch is limited. I'm mostly a motorsports person, but my father has Sky so we've got the F1 channel as part of HD. But my other big favourite is NFL and without the sports channels (my father's not into watching sports other than motorsport) I'm stuck with the BBC once a week during the season. In order to follow my team I've had to subscribe to the radio broadcasts and sit and listen for 4 hours to find out how my team are doing! But of course I never actually get time to listen all in one go, so I end up following the game over 2 or 3 days!
    Me, My Father and The Alzheimer's - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread84213.html

Goosefeather is offline Junior Member
    good luck fella!
    6'6" male

SW: 286lbs/130kg/20st 8lbs
    CW: 281 lbs/127.7kg/20st 1lb
    TW:216lbs/98kg/15st 6lbs

"...he didn't slam you, he didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you... he *rubbed* you. And rubbin, son, is racin'."

Thanks badger.

And you carbdodger

Awok, I like most sports, if it involves competitiveness I'm interested. Sunderland afc (soccer) is my passion hence my user name. When I learn how to do it my avatar will be the club badge or something associated.

Thanks goose.

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sol blackcat View Post
    Going to start walking soon as I can. I've had gout in my left foot for over a week now, it's not too bad only a limp. However, these last two night it has attacked both of my knees very badly. Horrible crippling pain and can only walk after spending 10 - 15 mins gently applying a bit of weight on my feet to get them ready for the task. I've suffered with gout for a couple of years on and off but never in my knees.

My friend thinks it's because of the dramatic change in my primal diet. Five days of eating very very small amounts of bacon, tuna, chicken and some spinach leaves. I'm just not hungry. Oops, forgot to mention eggs.
    Hey Sol blackcat, welcome and well done!

Have you tried fresh pineapple for your gout? It should help due to the vit c, bromelaine and manganese, which are supposed to help.

Good luck.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    Hey Sol blackcat, welcome and well done!

Have you tried fresh pineapple for your gout? It should help due to the vit c, bromelaine and manganese, which are supposed to help.

Good luck.
    Never knew about that, only ever been told what foods to avoid, Inc couliflower, tomato mushroom liver and seafood
    Thanks.

Off Duty is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Sol blackcat View Post
    Thanks for that OD. Was dreading last night but it wasn't too bad.
    Good to hear Sol.

Prepared? Mental discipline? Perseverance? Dedication and motivation? Me? I think you got the wrong fella.
    Somehow my friend, I don't think so

Thanks mate and I will practice the multiple quote thing.[/QUOTE]

Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast