Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Heavy drinker page 32

Sol blackcat is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by missblue View Post
    That's a big question. You might not know who the real sol is for awhile, but it sounds like he's surfacing, doesn't it? I really think the "no sleep" thing is linked to that somehow. It sure was for me anyway. Don't know if I've found the real blue yet either, but must admit it is an interesting journey just looking.

Aren't scrambled eggs with butter amazing? Wait till you are mopping out the cooled bacon grease with a finger--then the pleasure of grok-living really kicks in. Fat-free sucks and always has
    I sent years avoiding fat. Some of the lengths and methods I'd use was beyond normal.
    Hope you get what your looking for blue.
    Buttery eggs are lovely. Took my dad to a supermarket and when I bought some butter he told me I had been missing out on real food for years. He even phoned to remind me to use it.
    FTM. I'm not biased, I hope everybody beats the mags!

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sol blackcat View Post
    I sent years avoiding fat. Some of the lengths and methods I'd use was beyond normal.
    Hope you get what your looking for blue.
    Buttery eggs are lovely. Took my dad to a supermarket and when I bought some butter he told me I had been missing out on real food for years. He even phoned to remind me to use it.
    That is so cute!!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by oceangrl View Post
    that is so cute!!

Sent from my sgh-t989 using tapatalk 2

:d:d:d. Wonder why the little smiley faces didn't work?

Bifcus is offline Senior Member
    Hey Sol,

I remember reading a theory about curing insomnia caused by jetlag. The theory was that you needed to reset your circadian rhythms by going forward rather than back. So rather than trying to fall asleep earlier - you try and fall asleep later each day until you have gone around the clock to where you want to be.

So if you are falling asleep at 7 -8am, the idea is you make your bedtime 9am (or later). You don't even try to go to bed before then. Then the following day, move your bedtime a couple of hours later (yes you will be sleeping during the day, and up at night). Maybe 11am. Repeat a couple of times more and you will suddenly be going to bed at a 'reasonable' time, at which point you stop.

So you make your awake period longer each day, rather than trying to make it shorter by going to bed earlier. This is supposed to make it easier to get to sleep, as you are more tired, but more importantly it works by extending your circadian rythmn rather than trying to contract it. And the theory has it your body copes with this more easily (I am sure we have all heard the theory that traveling across time zones one way is easier than the other).

I haven't tried this myself - never had the luxury of not having to go to work for a few days to test it out. No idea if it would work for you. Maybe see if you can research it and find any evidence?

And stunning work on going a month without booze. Congratulations, it is heartwarming to see someone having success.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Thank you, Sol and Little Vase, for making that deletion.

Now I'm wondering why God told Moses "not to eat the fat of the meat". They sure had grass fed meat. Most Jewish dietary law has some reason to it, even if it was an ancient reason no longer applicable.

Sol, you haven't said how last night went.
    Last edited by Cryptocode; 07-14-2013 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bifcus View Post
    Hey Sol,

I remember reading a theory about curing insomnia caused by jetlag. The theory was that you needed to reset your circadian rhythms by going forward rather than back. So rather than trying to fall asleep earlier - you try and fall asleep later each day until you have gone around the clock to where you want to be.

So if you are falling asleep at 7 -8am, the idea is you make your bedtime 9am (or later). You don't even try to go to bed before then. Then the following day, move your bedtime a couple of hours later (yes you will be sleeping during the day, and up at night). Maybe 11am. Repeat a couple of times more and you will suddenly be going to bed at a 'reasonable' time, at which point you stop.

So you make your awake period longer each day, rather than trying to make it shorter by going to bed earlier. This is supposed to make it easier to get to sleep, as you are more tired, but more importantly it works by extending your circadian rythmn rather than trying to contract it. And the theory has it your body copes with this more easily (I am sure we have all heard the theory that traveling across time zones one way is easier than the other).

I haven't tried this myself - never had the luxury of not having to go to work for a few days to test it out. No idea if it would work for you. Maybe see if you can research it and find any evidence?

And stunning work on going a month without booze. Congratulations, it is heartwarming to see someone having success.
    Thanks bifcus, I remember reading about this years ago. Because I was drinking I read it and forgot about it.
    Thanks for reminding me, and thanks for the kind words.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptocode View Post
    Thank you, Sol and Little Vase, for making that deletion.

Now I'm wondering why God told Moses "not to eat the fat of the meat". They sure had grass fed meat. Most Jewish dietary law has some reason to it, even if it was an ancient reason no longer applicable.

Sol, you haven't said how last night went.
    Hi codo, it didn't go well at all. I had some very bad news during the day. I almost threw everything away on Saturday night.
    I was so close, within an inch of ruining everything, and it's not over yet. Expecting to hear the fallout of Saturday's news today. At least I'm prepared for today.
    You have been persistent on finding out how Saturday went for me, like you sensed something. I was happy to ignore it but as you are asking there it is. So very very close.

Sorry I didn't understand and get that post sorted earlier.
    Thanks cody crips
    Last edited by Sol blackcat; 07-15-2013 at 03:47 AM.

jacmac is offline Senior Member
    keep going you can do it, keep going you can do it, keep going you can do it, keep going you can do it, keep going you can do it,
    cheer squad here cheering!!!!
    keep going you can do it!

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sol blackcat View Post
    Hi codo, it didn't go well at all. I had some very bad news during the day. I almost threw everything away on Saturday night.
    I was so close, within an inch of ruining everything, and it's not over yet.
    Expecting to hear the fallout of Saturday's news today. At least I'm prepared for today.
    You have been persistent on finding out how Saturday went for me, like you sensed something. I was happy to ignore it but as you are asking there it is. So very very close.
    Hurray! Hurray! Hurray for you. You made it over a bad, dangerous spot. Those are the ones that usually sink the ships. That's typically when I'm phoned in the middle of the night and spend a few hours just talking, about anything, until the emotions and temptations pass. Those bad spots - keep coming along, they're part of life. Hurray! Hurray! Hurray for you.

You're taking more and more steps in retraining your emotions. You can do this.
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Quote Originally Posted by jacmac View Post
    keep going you can do it, keep going you can do it, keep going you can do it, keep going you can do it, keep going you can do it,
    cheer squad here cheering!!!!
    keep going you can do it!
    Lol, thanks jac. Thanks jac, and erm thanks again jac.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptocode View Post
    Hurray! Hurray! Hurray for you. You made it over a bad, dangerous spot. Those are the ones that usually sink the ships. That's typically when I'm phoned in the middle of the night and spend a few hours just talking, about anything, until the emotions and temptations pass. Those bad spots - keep coming along, they're part of life. Hurray! Hurray! Hurray for you.

You're taking more and more steps in retraining your emotions. You can do this.
    Thanks codeo.
    It was a close one, and thanks for the support. Feeling better now.

jacmac is offline Senior Member
    Sol, I'm not sure about anyone else but I feel an investment in your success now.
    So for what it's worth I'm banking on ya!
    Glad you are over the hump for now

Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast