Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Heavy drinker page 29

AlexRobson is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    One of the blokes I work with starts work at 6am so he is up at 5am, finishes work at 3pm and goes straight to his livery and is there till 10pm everyday before coming home and having his tea and a deserved bath, it can be 12:30am before he gets to bed some nights, surviving on 4-5 hours sleep a night and functions perfectly fine, I really don't know how he does it, I'm in bed for 10pm and up at 6am and I'm exhausted!

Howay Sol, roll on 2 months dry and we can celebrate with a well deserved cup of warm milk! I would say coffee but I don't think you need any caffeine!

jacmac is offline Senior Member
    Hey jac, how's the studying going and the food markets?[/QUOTE]

Pretty good had a mid term exam today, hoping I gave em what they wanted!
    Food markets are delicious but have to admit to indulging in pasta, but life is too short to be beating ourselves up and home time is coming around real soon so..... For now I enjoy!
    You are really doing well with your abstinence , by inspiring.

missblue is offline Senior Member
    Hey Sol;
    Happy one month! I'm really delighted you've done so very well.
    What's the final stats on weight loss? Still going a pound a day or is it slowing a bit?

Also waiting to hear how the Shepherd's pie and lamb neck stew panned out. . . .

All is well here. I'm out of town for two days with some Brazilian students going to St. Louis to tour a brewery, of all things.
    I'll be skipping the free samples needless to say. Oh well. I'm saving myself for city ethnic food anyway

Keep up the great work! You do sound happier and more confident. It's building its own momentum--you are doing this thing, no doubt now
    Last edited by missblue; 07-11-2013 at 03:53 PM.

Sol blackcat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by missblue View Post
    Hey Sol;
    Happy one month! I'm really delighted you've done so very well.
    What's the final stats on weight loss? Still going a pound a day or is it slowing a bit?

Also waiting to hear how the Shepherd's pie and lamb neck stew panned out. . . .

All is well here. I'm out of town for two days with some Brazilian students going to St. Louis to tour a brewery, of all things.
    I'll be skipping the free samples needless to say. Oh well. I'm saving myself for city ethnic food anyway

Keep up the great work! You do sound happier and more confident. Keep it going--you are doing this thing, no doubt now
    Hey blue. I've been wondering where you've been.

Thanks, a month! Phew! Shepards pie never materialised, but it's still on the agenda. Lamb neck is still in the freezer but seen as you've reminded me , I'll take it out tomorrow night and use it on Saturday.

A brewery? Dear me, you keep them wits about you my friend. Have a great time away but not in that poison factory.
    Will get that neck sorted and let you know. Went for that long awaited walk around the lakes and ski slope tonight. Brisk walk took 45 mins. The gout has completely gone now.

Thanks blue.
    FTM. I'm not biased, I hope everybody beats the mags!

10 Bears is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sol blackcat View Post
    I'm a strange case me, I could go to work all day including lots of motorway driving get home and be pleasantly shattered. Soon as bed time comes I turn into the most energetic person in the world.
    I'm similar to you in that I can be OK all day, a bit lethargic early evening, but then come 10 O'clock, its full force energy!

As a young lad, I used to play Ice Hockey from about 8 years old up to 25 or so, and the training time started at 11:00pm at night after the public had finished using the ice. This is why I think I now suffer the sudden burst of energy post 10:00pm.

Ive tried help from the docs and nothing worked, but the only thing that did work was simply regular exercise. If I get enough exercise in during the week, and this can be simply having walked enough miles, not just pumping iron, then when I get to bedtime I can get to sleep. If I haven't done enough its like drinking a red bull.

Just a thought, but have you made sure that you are getting enough physical activity during the week? I believe that poor sleep could be related to being too sedentary in my experience.
    Fortune Favours the Brave

I can only talk from my acquired knowledge and experiences. You may have a different view or experience and I will respect that. Please respect mine.

Quote Originally Posted by 10 Bears View Post
    I'm similar to you in that I can be OK all day, a bit lethargic early evening, but then come 10 O'clock, its full force energy!

As a young lad, I used to play Ice Hockey from about 8 years old up to 25 or so, and the training time started at 11:00pm at night after the public had finished using the ice. This is why I think I now suffer the sudden burst of energy post 10:00pm.

Ive tried help from the docs and nothing worked, but the only thing that did work was simply regular exercise. If I get enough exercise in during the week, and this can be simply having walked enough miles, not just pumping iron, then when I get to bedtime I can get to sleep. If I haven't done enough its like drinking a red bull.

Just a thought, but have you made sure that you are getting enough physical activity during the week? I believe that poor sleep could be related to being too sedentary in my experience.
    I've tried everything, nothing works except alcohol. Keeping away from that now. I've been laid up with gout for a few weeks but just started some weights and bike cardio. Walking tonight for the first time in a while.

I've been knackered for the last 5-6 hours but wide awake now. It is driving me up the wall.

Taralphiel is offline Junior Member
    I don't have much to add for your sleep problem aside from ditching the iPad and making the sleep environment as dark and sound/light tight as possible for the time you wish to sleep. Oh, and when I have issues with poor sleep, I take a nice hot bath before bed. :P

I also wanted to add to the encouragement that you've already received for hitting the 1 month mark. Well done! You're tackling a big mountain, no doubt, but I think you're doing a fantastic job! I'll be lurking and cheering you on.

- Lauren

Quote Originally Posted by Taralphiel View Post
    I don't have much to add for your sleep problem aside from ditching the iPad and making the sleep environment as dark and sound/light tight as possible for the time you wish to sleep. Oh, and when I have issues with poor sleep, I take a nice hot bath before bed. :P

I also wanted to add to the encouragement that you've already received for hitting the 1 month mark. Well done! You're tackling a big mountain, no doubt, but I think you're doing a fantastic job! I'll be lurking and cheering you on.

- Lauren
    Thanks Lauren. Some big changes coming over this weekend. Late night ipad being top of the list.

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Sol, what can also help on the iPad is to go into the settings/brightness and wallpaper and put the brightness of the screen way down. It reduces the amount of blue light; but still, you should turn it off a couple hours before you go to bed. Read a hard-copy book! (Or cookbook!)

Congrats on more than one month, now! Your resolve is impressive!

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    Sol, what can also help on the iPad is to go into the settings/brightness and wallpaper and put the brightness of the screen way down. It reduces the amount of blue light; but still, you should turn it off a couple hours before you go to bed. Read a hard-copy book! (Or cookbook!)

Congrats on more than one month, now! Your resolve is impressive!
    Thanks goldie, will try the brightness thing, although I think I really should stop using it as you have suggested.

Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast