Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Heavy drinker page 24

Sol blackcat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Awok, some of my text has gone into your quote, haven't got a clue how I managed that. Yes I'm sober
    FTM. I'm not biased, I hope everybody beats the mags!

Still bloody wide awake, 21 hours after I woke up. It'll be 24-25 hours by time I feel tired. Then I'll probably sleep for 3-4 hours if I'm lucky, then repeat. This is what drove me to drink in the first place. So frustrating. I f&cki@g hate it.

awok677 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sol blackcat View Post
    Awok, some of my text has gone into your quote, haven't got a clue how I managed that. Yes I'm sober

If you want to split a quote into multiples (i.e. reply within the content of a longer quote, you need to add in extra beginning and end quote markers. End quote is easy - just type the /Quote in the square brackets where you want to 'break out' of the quote box. Then copy and paste the long beginning quote marker - quote=awok etc, including the square brackets at each end to the beginning of the next bit of text you want to be in a quote box.

Likewise, if you only want to respond to one part of a quote, you can edit out the irrelevant bits between the quote markers.
    Me, My Father and The Alzheimer's - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread84213.html

Quote Originally Posted by awok677 View Post
    If you want to split a quote into multiples (i.e. reply within the content of a longer quote, you need to add in extra beginning and end quote markers. End quote is easy - just type the /Quote in the square brackets where you want to 'break out' of the quote box. Then copy and paste the long beginning quote marker - quote=awok etc, including the square brackets at each end to the beginning of the next bit of text you want to be in a quote box.

Likewise, if you only want to respond to one part of a quote, you can edit out the irrelevant bits between the quote markers.
    Im a bit lost with that awok, but I'll practice it and thanks.

Still bloody wide awake, 21 hours after I woke up. It'll be 24-25 hours by time I feel tired. Then I'll probably sleep for 3-4 hours if I'm lucky, then repeat. This is what drove me to drink in the first place. So frustrating. I f&cki@g hate it.
    The first time I lost major weight (ages ago) it was mostly due to stress and loss of appetite, but I added in jogging every morning and I had loads of energy. I wasn't low carbing at that point. Anyway, having gone to bed at midnight, the cat started waking me up around 4.30am every morning to be let out and I was knackered after going back to bed for a couple more hours. I decided to just stay up and have a cuppa and start my day then. Well, what I discovered was that I did very well on about 4 - 4.5 hrs sleep. I did that for the best part of 18 months and can't now recall why I stopped, but I think it was more letting the habit slip rather than actually needing more sleep. It's hard to make yourself get up in the dark when the bed is warm and it's cold out, even if you know you'll feel better for it.

Hmmm, perhaps I need to see if I can get back to this.
    Me, My Father and The Alzheimer's - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread84213.html

Im a bit lost with that awok,
    I decided to reply to this bit of your text, so I've stuck in 'end quote' marker after 'awok' - i.e. [/QUOTE]

then I want to reply to the next bit, so I copy and past the entire bit in square brackets, from the very beginning of the bit above, and put in at the front of the bit below ...

but I'll practice it and thanks.
    So now what I'm saying in response to your quoted reply, is separated and easier for people to follow the 'conversation'. hope that helps.

The first time I lost major weight (ages ago) it was mostly due to stress and loss of appetite, but I added in jogging every morning and I had loads of energy. I wasn't low carbing at that point. Anyway, having gone to bed at midnight, the cat started waking me up around 4.30am every morning to be let out and I was knackered after going back to bed for a couple more hours. I decided to just stay up and have a cuppa and start my day then. Well, what I discovered was that I did very well on about 4 - 4.5 hrs sleep. I did that for the best part of 18 months and can't now recall why I stopped, but I think it was more letting the habit slip rather than actually needing more sleep. It's hard to make yourself get up in the dark when the bed is warm and it's cold out, even if you know you'll feel better for it.

I've been awake for 25 hours, my bodies tired but my mind is full on alert. It's like this every night.

AlexRobson is offline Junior Member
    Glad you're sticking to it Sol and as for 25 hours awake, to hell with that I have a newborn and would literally murder someone just for a full nights sleep even if it is in a pissy police cell!

spuggygirl is offline Senior Member
    Not been around much recently so just catching up here Sol...really well done, you're doing a grand job.

I'll bet you're a bit perplexed by all the new signings at SoL eh? Not sure who I'm going to recognise when the new season starts.

You have my sympathy with the sleep thing...I've slept badly for years and it seems to be getting worse. I've tried all the usual stuff - lifestyle changes, stress reduction techniques, making my bedroom just so...but nothing works. Trying some online CBT just now so we'll see if that has any impact.

Anyway, keep up the good work.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I can function on about 4 hours sleep, problem is I'd rather fall asleep at say midnight till 4 rather than 6, 7, or 8 in the morning when it's time to be getting up anyway.

I decided to reply to this bit of your text, so I've stuck in 'end quote' marker after 'awok' - i.e.
    then I want to reply to the next bit, so I copy and past the entire bit in square brackets, from the very beginning of the bit above, and put in at the front of the bit below ...

So now what I'm saying in response to your quoted reply, is separated and easier for people to follow the 'conversation'. hope that helps.[/QUOTE]

Nope, you might as well have told your cat. hope it's a black cat.. I'll try.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexRobson View Post
    Glad you're sticking to it Sol and as for 25 hours awake, to hell with that I have a newborn and would literally murder someone just for a full nights sleep even if it is in a pissy police cell!
    Congrats on fatherhood. Murder eh, there's a fella up the road goes by the name Alan pardew. Make it nasty!

Quote Originally Posted by spuggygirl View Post
    Not been around much recently so just catching up here Sol...really well done, you're doing a grand job.

I'll bet you're a bit perplexed by all the new signings at SoL eh? Not sure who I'm going to recognise when the new season starts.

You have my sympathy with the sleep thing...I've slept badly for years and it seems to be getting worse. I've tried all the usual stuff - lifestyle changes, stress reduction techniques, making my bedroom just so...but nothing works. Trying some online CBT just now so we'll see if that has any impact.

Anyway, keep up the good work.
    Its all go at sol, jack colback wants to be away now. It's an awful thing insomnia, although it was made easier by watching that shower of ***** last season. Di canio is a massive gamble, but one I'm willing to take. I think he may come good. The sky money this season is phenomenal and we can't afford to be relegated. 17 th again would suit me for one more season.

Good luck with sleep. Did you notice my avatar?

Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast