Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Heavy drinker page 23

Sol blackcat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by missblue View Post
    Ride, Sally Ride
    Staring into space is about all I'll manage, done 10 mins last night, 15 mins tonight. Going to progress up to 30 mins.

Did anyone watch the tennis today, what a cracking result for the Brit. Awok?

missblue is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sol blackcat View Post
    Did anyone watch the tennis today, what a cracking result for the Brit. Awok?
    I don't have TV, so unfortunately missed this. I translate this to mean a positive outcome for one or more British players?
    :-)

I'm pleased you are on your bike. Working up to 30 minutes is a good goal. In terms of weights, I would check online and / or in the Library for some basic ideas of how to correctly use the weights you've gotten if you haven't used them before. A book I really like is "New Rules of Lifting" but forget author's name at the moment. Another compliment to your weights would be bodyweight exercises like push ups, etc. and a very nice book I often use (an has been written about quite a bit here on MDA) is "Be Your Own Gym". The bodyweight stuff is challenging but effective, and modifying exercises until you are stronger totally a good idea if needed. Your library would most likely have these. Don't forget walking! You live near the sea, man. What better place to walk than the shore?

Aren't you getting close to a full month now, by the way?
    Last edited by missblue; 07-07-2013 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by missblue View Post
    I don't have TV, so unfortunately missed this. I translate this to mean a positive outcome for one or more British players?
    :.

I'm pleased you are on your bike. Working up to 30 minutes is a good goal. In terms of weights, I would check online and / or in the Library for some basic ideas of how to correctly use the weights you've gotten if you haven't used them before. A book I really like is "New Rules of Lifting" but forget author's name at the moment. Another compliment to your weights would be bodyweight exercises like push ups, etc. and a very nice book I often use (an has been written about quite a bit here on MDL) is "Be Your Own Gym". The bodyweight stuff is challenging but effective, and modifying exercises until you are stronger totally a good idea if needed. Your library would most likely have these. Don't forget walking! You live near the sea, man. What better place to walk than the shore?

Aren't you getting close to a full month now, by the way?

Scottish lad won Wimbledon, so Britain won too.
    I've been looking online for tips on weights. I'm going to do as much cardio as possible including walking.

Had to look on calendar, it's 27 days now. It's getting easier day by day. I think I'm getting into a habit of not drinking rather than forcing myself not to drink. Nice one blue.

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Had to look on calendar, it's 27 days now. It's getting easier day by day. I think I'm getting into a habit of not drinking rather than forcing myself not to drink. Nice one blue.
    Well done, Sol! What an amazing accomplishment--keep it up, I'm rooting for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    Well done, Sol! What an amazing accomplishment--keep it up, I'm rooting for you!
    Thank you goldie, all supportive comments help to reinforce my mental strength.
    Take care.

awok677 is offline Senior Member
    Scottish lad won Wimbledon, so Britain won too.
    What a boy, eh? Kept wondering if Djokovic was going to get back into it, but he seemed to have the same problems he'd had in earlier matches, just not getting the perfect finishing shots that Murray was. And straight sets in the end - I wasn't expecting that!

Watched the first set on the laptop with an earphone while also watching the Grand Prix on the telly with my father. How's that for multi-tasking? Nice how the whole country has responded. Monday was declared Murray Monday on Classic FM and they kept playing music dedicated to him.

I've been looking online for tips on weights. I'm going to do as much cardio as possible including walking.
    Gentle cardio is good. Remember Mark's 50% - 75% max heart rate advice? Lots of walking or gentle cycling, but remember to keep it easy. Also bear in mind he advises LHT (Lifting Heavy Things) a couple of times a week, not every day! But good move mate, getting the stuff cheap.

I've used my eliptical for 30mins or more, but only when I've got decent headphones connected to the TV !!

Fantastic news, Sol. Yes, habits are the thing. Well done, mate!
    Me, My Father and The Alzheimer's - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread84213.html

Mr. Anthony is offline Senior Member
    Hey Sol, I've been following this thread since the beginning and figured I'd finally chime in here. Just wanted to let you know you have a big time supporter out here in the state of Colorado, and that 1) I'm really pulling for you and 2) don't let me down!

I've spent quite a bit of time in the UK and really like most of it. Keep up the amazing progress!

jacmac is offline Senior Member
    Hey Sol,
    just dropping by to say hi

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by awok677 View Post
    Watched the first set on the laptop with an earphone while also watching the Grand Prix on the telly with my father. How's that for multi-tasking? Nice how the whole country has responded. Monday was declared Murray Monday on Classic FM and they kept playing music dedicated to him.

Good for Murray, he done himself proud.

Gentle cardio is good. Remember Mark's 50% - 75% max heart rate advice? Lots of walking or gentle cycling, but remember to keep it easy. Also bear in mind he advises LHT (Lifting Heavy Things) a couple of times a week, not every day! But good move mate, getting the stuff cheap.

I've used my eliptical for 30mins or more, but only when I've got decent headphones connected to the TV !!

Just gentle at the moment, building up gradually. Found a toppa barbell workout from a link posted in fitness on here. Going to follow that for four weeks.

Fantastic news, Sol. Yes, habits are the thing. Well done, mate!
    Thanks. Multi tasking: I could watch sunderland on the telly, come on Sunderland! Listen to the mags on the radio, hoping they get stuffed. FTM. Read the football echo and talk football all at the same time, and wonder why our lass wouldn't stay in and support the team. Women, eh!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    Hey Sol, I've been following this thread since the beginning and figured I'd finally chime in here. Just wanted to let you know you have a big time supporter out here in the state of Colorado, and that 1) I'm really pulling for you and 2) don't let me down!

I've spent quite a bit of time in the UK and really like most of it. Keep up the amazing progress!
    Thanks mate, won't let you down. Which part of UK did you not like? Bet it was scabby mag land otherwise known as newcastle.
    I deliberately didn't give them a capital N because they don't deserve it the bassas!

Quote Originally Posted by jacmac View Post
    Hey Sol,
    just dropping by to say hi
    Hey jac, how's the studying going and the food markets?
    FTM. I'm not biased, I hope everybody beats the mags!

Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast