Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Heavy drinker page 2

Sol blackcat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thanks everyone, it's going to be tough tonight not drinking on my favourite night.

I've not had any form of carbs for four days now, in fact I've hardly had anything to eat at all. I've just got no appetite whatsoever. I'm feeling light headed and drained and hardly had any sleep in the four days. I've always been a very bad sleeper ever since I was a child and that was the start of my drinking problem when I discovered that alcohol would put me to sleep.

Thanks for the support and I'm very glad to be here.

I'm taking Antabuse that I bought from an online pharmacy so I can't afford to muck up and even attempt to to drink.

Can't drink, won't drink!!!

MaceyUK is offline Senior Member
    Get yourself something to eat mate....steak and salad with some mayonnaise and you'll feel loads better. Have loads of cups of tea instead as you are drinking something and doing a little ritual. TV on Saturday night is so deprssing that you should avoid it...it would drive anyone to drink! Have a read of one of the primal books and remind yourself how imporant it is to give your body some care. Good luck

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    stay around here and yap mate, look at the primal recipe thread and plan some good nom noms- your body will soon be enjoying foodgasms!
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Quote Originally Posted by MaceyUK View Post
    Get yourself something to eat mate....steak and salad with some mayonnaise and you'll feel loads better. Have loads of cups of tea instead as you are drinking something and doing a little ritual. TV on Saturday night is so deprssing that you should avoid it...it would drive anyone to drink! Have a read of one of the primal books and remind yourself how imporant it is to give your body some care. Good luck
    That's exactly what I did mate, ate some food at the time I would start drinking.

Can't stand that Saturday night tv rubbish.

Thanks.

Cd, I'm going to be on here for the night. It will help occupy my mind.
    I've never done four days sober in twenty years. I'm quite pleased with how it's going.

The Antabuse has helped by taken away the choice mind.

I had bacon, two eggs and some spinach leaves. Biggest meal I've I for four days.

Thanks lads.

so Sol, explain the name and the motivation behind this superb step you've chosen for yourself please ?
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'

Quote Originally Posted by CarbDodger View Post
    so Sol, explain the name and the motivation behind this superb step you've chosen for yourself please ?
    I quit my job due to alcohol related problems that were becoming dangerous to myself and others. I was in medical engineering and driving to hospitals and universities up and down the country.

As I'm getting older it was becoming harder and harder to function.

My boss told me to take six months off and if I could show him that I had sorted myself out he would like me to return to work.

I love my job and the months are ticking away.

It would also be a massive relief to my family and some good friends.

I feel as if I will never laugh or have fun again without the drink, buy hoping that will change with time.

so you have a goal; to stop drinking, an aim; to get back to work and a plan; primal health so your foundation is pretty good.

I stumbled upon this at a pretty crappy point in life too and its been incredibly beneficial for me. Energy and a sense of well-being have made many things easier to be honest. I hope you get similar things out of it.

Sometimes the right information, the right people and the right attitude all to seem to coincide and make enormous change possible and this is a good place to be- even if it doesn't seem it tonight. Ultimately though this is simply one more day on you path to a healthy good life and its another one you're nearly through.

eat well, sleep well, start walking and feed your mind. There's a lot to learn on the blog and here on the forum are some very funny, genuine people who give endless support, advice and help.

Thanks. Good advice. One day at a time and the worst one is almost over.
    I'll continue to read the blogs and the forum.
    All the best.

10 Bears is offline Member
    Hello Sol

You have made some smart moves so be proud of yourself and keep motivated. Im off the sauce too and have been for two months now.

Ive never been a heavy drinker - but regular certainly. Every Friday/Saturday night would be a bottle or two of red and the next week the same, just a regular habit. Im not certain I was enjoying it anymore, but just doing it because that was what I did on the weekend.

Another way to keep yourself from drinking is to not be in the place you were drinking previously. I just used to drink at home, so for the first few weeks when it got to my usual cork popping time, I just made sure I was walking the dog or cycling or similar. That way, Im replacing an old bad habit, with a better one.

If you need to try it, and if nothing else it will be extra exercise that will aid any fat loss goals.
    Fortune Favours the Brave

I can only talk from my acquired knowledge and experiences. You may have a different view or experience and I will respect that. Please respect mine.

Hello bears, it was every single night for me. 10 - 12 cans of strong ale.

I could afford to do it while I was working but it became a struggle while unemployed. I used up the savings that I had then started to sell things that I now deeply regret. Then started to borrow money from friends and family.

Anyway I'm four days in and couldn't imagine that a week ago.

Looking forward to primal and losing some weight then hopefully returning to work. I've got the added incentive that other people are wanting me to succeed as much as myself.

I'm trying to not be home at around 7pm when the first can would pop.

Thanks.

Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast