Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Heavy drinker page 15

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Sol blackcat View Post
    Thanks heatherp, i'am a total bookworm, I love to read. Not much getting done since I found MDA mind. Never thought about walking groups before although I have seen advertisements for them in local library.
    If you have a smartphone or an mp3 player of some kind, you can get audiobooks from the library and listen to them while you're walking. If you only allow yourself to listen while you're walking, then getting engrossed in what happens next could be really motivating.

Quote Originally Posted by MaceyUK View Post
    Sol, a long outdoor walk is fantastic and free. I spent ten months unemployed and found it very difficult, it was going out for a walk that kept me sane. Maybe ask an elderly neighbour if they need their dog walking?
    Walking a dog is a GREAT idea! It's really hard to be in a bad mood around dogs. And you can tell them things that you can't tell anyone else... and they won't talk about you later!
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Imagine walking into a weight watchers meeting and shouting: "hey, you lot. Eat some fat, what the hell is wrong with you's. Eat some bloody fat, now!!
    Haven't made it to the end of your thread yet but this made me fall over laughing as well!

So happy for how well you're doing! Keep at it Sol, you're gonna be great...

I'm trying to figure out the multiple quotes too.
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

missblue is offline Senior Member
    Hi Sol;
    Hope the day has treated you well. I just got back from a party where I was opening bottles of wine for the guests. That was a very strange moment. I hadn't opened a bottle in a long time but sure haven't forgotten how to do it :-)

That great promising smell that comes out right when you pull the cork, or the top of the beer can, took me back for a minute and I had a little pull of regret for just a moment--the feeling you mentioned earlier of "why can't I have this I've been so strong for so long" and I thought right after about our talk yesterday and what you said about one being too many. I think it still is and the moment passed and all was well. But I guess my point is that it is always a choice that you make day to day. Because it has been so much easier I guess I thought it was totally not an issue any longer but the emotional part of me still hasn't let go all the way yet. Anyway, I thought you and several other posters on this thread would understand. The support part of all this is really important. It is great to have place like this to be able to connect with others who get it and help you through.

awok677 is offline Senior Member
    Hi awok, I'm still here reading everything. I thought people were getting a bit fed up of this thread so I stopped posting on it. Still love this place and it's twelve days today. My belly is shrinking fast.

Hope everyone's well.
    Like CarbDodger says, no one is fed up with this thread. Anyone who is, doesn't have to read it. I suspect a lot of people thinking about registering on the forums are seeing this and being inspired by your determination. This is your thread, mate. Up to you how long you keep it going and, as long as it's helping *you*, we're all sticking with it - and you.

I was a bit worried because I couldn't see you posting in any other threads at the time. It seemed to be helping you to have somewhere to connect with people and certainly there are plenty of us who want to let you know that we're here and still rooting for you.

Wimbledon - well, I guess in celebration of the tennis (not that I'm watching at the moment) I've been enjoying some strawberries. I seem to be having a fruit-heavy week this week which, having been vlc for a while, is a bit disconcerting. But as long as I'm still wholly primal (and I am) I'm not letting it bother me too much.
    Me, My Father and The Alzheimer's - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread84213.html

heatherp is offline Senior Member
    Hey Sol,
    How's it going, mate?

williamson is offline Junior Member
    Hello guy's i am new on this forum and really enjoy the discussion which causes to save someone health and life.i have not much idea about drinking but still know not a positive thing for human being when cross the limits.

Hi Sol;
    Hoping your out for a walk on the Greenway.

Sol blackcat is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the suggestions and advice. Seventeen days today.
    I've been reading the recipes pages, up to page 175. Someone suggested canned pilchards mashed up and spread on cucumber slices. Had it tonight for my Scran with chicken legs and it was lush.

Hope everyone's well.

FTM

OK, Sol, I'll bite. . . what's a "Scran"

Missed you! 17 days--getting better?

Sol blackcat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by missblue View Post
    OK, Sol, I'll bite. . . what's a "Scran"

Missed you! 17 days--getting better?

Aww sweet, Scran = Food, lunch, dinner. Basically to eat.

How are you?

Yes it's getting better, hated last two weekends but this one I've just accepted it. No drinking, it's that simple.
    Last edited by Sol blackcat; 06-28-2013 at 06:21 PM.

Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast