Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Heavy drinker page 12

Sol blackcat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by awok677 View Post
    Woohoo!! Double figures! Congratulations, mate.

I'm sure you'll do fine tonight, just keep going with what's been working for you and remind yourself that you're stronger than the drink. And, of course, that we're all here cheering you on.

Little posts like this are very very effective, well said and thank you. I'm already thinking about what I'm going to eat tonight at the time I'd normally start drinking.

spuggygirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sol blackcat View Post
    O

Heeee ya bassa, worra canny bag a tudor, ganin alang the scotswood road to punch some horses faces.

Heeee 99 thusond screamin jawdies ivry satada man. Well gan ta greggs man and get wor sausiz rowls and some pastys and mebe some cheesey chap and bluu pop on the way ta the Sid James park like.

An wor like ta gan ta sunland sometimes coz it's got some proper shops and it's a canny bag or tudor

Aye, the jawdies nation the club tha likes to keepon givin, look at all the jawdies, look at all the jawdies, howdy the lads, an Cheryl cowl, and ant and dec, and a canny bag o Tudor.

FTM

And I nearly forgot....Newcastle 0 Sunderland 3
    Haha, love it!

just stumbled upon this thread and wanted to say hi. I've lived in Edinburgh for many years now, but I'm originally from north east england, my folks live in Sunderland and I'm a lifelong blackcats supporter!

Your not feeling hungry is probably more to do with your body working overtime trying to deal with the lack of alcohol. Keep it up man - you can do it.

L-Glutamine is meant to be good for cravings - you can dissolve it in water or just put a wee bit under your tongue to dissolve.

missblue is offline Senior Member
    Hope the day is going well for you. I was thinking that maybe you might want to start a journal here with a new title since the title of this thread, "heavy drinker" no longer fits you.

I'm also glad to hear gout is clearing. Some walking, when you're up to it, will really get you resting in the evenings as well as burning more calories. How's the diet / fat consumption going? That's going to also get you feeling better besides making the food you are eating much much more delicious. I'm sending you good thoughts and don't worry, the cravings will get less as you get out of the habit.

Barnyard is offline Senior Member
    Couldn't agree more, well it's Friday, danger day. Used to love Fridays. Here's hoping.
    You can do it my man! Walk instead of drink! Eat some fat! Yee haa!

Quote Originally Posted by spuggygirl View Post
    Haha, love it!

just stumbled upon this thread and wanted to say hi. I've lived in Edinburgh for many years now, but I'm originally from north east england, my folks live in Sunderland and I'm a lifelong blackcats supporter!

Your not feeling hungry is probably more to do with your body working overtime trying to deal with the lack of alcohol. Keep it up man - you can do it.

L-Glutamine is meant to be good for cravings - you can dissolve it in water or just put a wee bit under your tongue to dissolve.

Hi spuggy, L glutamine? I've not heard of it but I'll check it out. Thanks.
    True mackem, born and bred. Haway the lads.

FTM. Newcastle 0 Sunderland 3

Quote Originally Posted by missblue View Post
    Hope the day is going well for you. I was thinking that maybe you might want to start a journal here with a new title since the title of this thread, "heavy drinker" no longer fits you.

I'm also glad to hear gout is clearing. Some walking, when you're up to it, will really get you resting in the evenings as well as burning more calories. How's the diet / fat consumption going? That's going to also get you feeling better besides making the food you are eating much much more delicious. I'm sending you good thoughts and don't worry, the cravings will get less as you get out of the habit.

Hi miss, I've never thought of myself as not been a heavy drinker before. Hmm, I like it!
    Gout is getting better but not good enough to walk yet. I've got some lovely green belt land on my doorstep with hills and lakes( silky ski slope, spuggygirl?) and can't wait to explore it.

I'm getting better with my fat fear, started using olive oil and not worrying about the skin on chicken. Thanks for the good thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnyard View Post
    You can do it my man! Walk instead of drink! Eat some fat! Yee haa!

Thank you kindly good sir. EAT SOME FAT! Lol. GIMME SOME FAT, NOW!
    Imagine walking into a weight watchers meeting and shouting: "hey, you lot. Eat some fat, what the hell is wrong with you's. Eat some bloody fat, now!!

Barnyard is offline Senior Member
    Damn right! Eat fat, get skinny!

bellincendio is offline Member
    EAT SOME FAT! Lol. GIMME SOME FAT, NOW!
    Imagine walking into a weight watchers meeting and shouting: "hey, you lot. Eat some fat, what the hell is wrong with you's. Eat some bloody fat, now!!
    This made me LOL! I'm so excited for your journey. You're doing awesome! Keep it up and soon you'll be enjoying all that beauty outside your door with no pain!

Quote Originally Posted by bellincendio View Post
    This made me LOL! I'm so excited for your journey. You're doing awesome! Keep it up and soon you'll be enjoying all that beauty outside your door with no pain!
    Cheers
    The bi carb soda seems to be doing the trick.
    I'm astonished this is not common knowledge. Why didn't my doctor mention it?

Hoping to be out and about in a couple of days, even sooner perhaps.

mike is offline Senior Member
    Ha, good luck Sol man! I see you've got the multi quotes working fine. I myself do not yet have the fortitude that you have shown to give up the drink but I am trying hard and this thread has inspired me. I agree that you need to give up this thread and start a new one heavy drinker does not suit you anymore. Just post a last post in this thread pointing to a new one. Grok on.

Quote Originally Posted by mike View Post
    Ha, good luck Sol man! I see you've got the multi quotes working fine. I myself do not yet have the fortitude that you have shown to give up the drink but I am trying hard and this thread has inspired me. I agree that you need to give up this thread and start a new one heavy drinker does not suit you anymore. Just post a last post in this thread pointing to a new one. Grok on.

Thanks mike. Last post would be

Thank you to every single person that has offered advice, tips, encouragement, support, insight into their own story's but most of all, sincere thanks for taking the time to bother.

I love this place and has it made the last ten days easier than I could of ever imagined..

Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast