Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Heavy drinker page 10

Sol blackcat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    O
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeAtTaree View Post
    As a Geordie Aussie, whee ah kna' what ye are taaakin aboot, but ah cannat aalways understand that Makkem accent. Could gan a double Maxim.
    Heeee ya bassa, worra canny bag a tudor, ganin alang the scotswood road to punch some horses faces.

Heeee 99 thusond screamin jawdies ivry satada man. Well gan ta greggs man and get wor sausiz rowls and some pastys and mebe some cheesey chap and bluu pop on the way ta the Sid James park like.

An wor like ta gan ta sunland sometimes coz it's got some proper shops and it's a canny bag or tudor

Aye, the jawdies nation the club tha likes to keepon givin, look at all the jawdies, look at all the jawdies, howdy the lads, an Cheryl cowl, and ant and dec, and a canny bag o Tudor.

FTM

And I nearly forgot....Newcastle 0 Sunderland 3
    Last edited by Sol blackcat; 06-19-2013 at 07:30 PM.

jacmac is offline Senior Member
    holy cow Sol! you guys are talking in code

Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    But you're fortunate that you never had to regret something much worse. You did the right thing.

Eventually that will become your new "normal".
    That's right Rita, I'm lucky in a way.
    My boss is willing to take me back on if I can prove to him that I'm sorting myself out.
    Nine days and counting.

loafingcactus is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations on your nine days! I don't have anything useful or Aussie code to say, but just read the thread and cheering for you.
    In God we trust; all others must bring data. W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

Thanks loaf, when I joined I was hoping to get a hand full of welcomes and good luck messages.

The support and advice has been truly magnificent. This place has played a big role in my last nine days.

awok677 is offline Senior Member
    Woohoo, Sol! congratulations on your 9 days! Awesome work.

Quotes - the box initially just contains the quote you've selected to reply to. Make sure your cursor is after the end of the [\QUOTE] that you want to reply to and hit return - it will create a new line. Just type or keep typing and the text should scroll within the box and give you a scroll bar on the side of the box as it gets bigger than what you can see.

With multiple quotes, just ensure that your cursor is after the closing [\QUOTE] and hit return to give you space.

Each quote needs a starting [QUOTE] tag which identifies the thread and the user and a closing [\Quote] tag which gives you the nice little box around the text you've quoted. Does that make any sense?

Also - after Uni I did a summer season at a US summer camp and one of the other Brit counsellors was a Geordi. He didn't use slang or even really dialect, but I found myself frequently translating because the USians just couldn't decipher the vowel sounds. Embarrassing really for both of us, because I had no problem adapting to what I was hearing and couldn't understand how they couldn't 'get their ears in'.
    Me, My Father and The Alzheimer's - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread84213.html

Quote Originally Posted by Danifhelle View Post
    Welcome and good luck on your journey!
    Thanks dani.

[QUOTE=awok677;1228583]Woohoo, Sol! congratulations on your 9 days! Awesome work.

Quotes - the box initially just contains the quote you've selected to reply to. Make sure your cursor is after the end of the [\QUOTE] that you want to reply to and hit return - it will create a new line. Just type or keep typing and the text should scroll within the box and give you a scroll bar on the side of the box as it gets bigger than what you can see.

With multiple quotes, just ensure that your cursor is after the closing [\QUOTE] and hit return to give you space.

Each quote needs a starting
    tag which identifies the thread and the user and a closing [\Quote] tag which gives you the nice little box around the text you've quoted. Does that make any sense?

Also - after Uni I did a summer season at a US summer camp and one of the other Brit counsellors was a Geordi. He didn't use slang or even really dialect, but I found myself frequently translating because the USians just couldn't decipher the vowel sounds. Embarrassing really for both of us, because I had no problem adapting to what I was hearing and couldn't understand how they couldn't 'get their ears in'.
    Thanks awok Ok I'm giving the multi quote thing another go.

It's a bit early to be thinking about the unwashed (Geordies). I never thought I'd be discussing the horse punchers on here but it seems everywhere I go there's a bloody Geordie just waiting to spoil my day.

Us mackems can't understand the buggers either and we only live twelve miles away.
    Last edited by Sol blackcat; 06-20-2013 at 02:27 AM.

I very nearly got it that time. Can't understand why only part of the quote was highlighted instead of it all. Probably something to do with them Geordies.
    Thanks awok, I'm almost there. :

I think the iPad is making it a little more difficult than if I had a mouse and large screen.
    Last edited by Sol blackcat; 06-20-2013 at 02:37 AM.

awok677 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sol blackcat View Post
    I very nearly got it that time. Can't understand why only part of the quote was highlighted instead of it all. Probably something to do with them Geordies.
    Thanks awok, I'm almost there. :

I think the iPad is making it a little more difficult than if I had a mouse and large screen.

Sorry - my reply was full of random quote tags, and that's what's screwed up your quoting it. Try again with a post that doesn't have lots of square brackets around quote and slash-quote and it should work.
    Me, My Father and The Alzheimer's - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread84213.html

Quote Originally Posted by loafingcactus View Post
    Congratulations on your nine days! I don't have anything useful or Aussie code to say, but just read the thread and cheering for you.

Thanks. Testing.

Quote Originally Posted by awok677 View Post
    Sorry - my reply was full of random quote tags, and that's what's screwed up your quoting it. Try again with a post that doesn't have lots of square brackets around quote and slash-quote and it should work.

Thanks awok. Now how do I get a Sunderland badge as my avatar?
    Just kidding, I'll have to go to IT night school for that.

Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast