Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Carbohydrate is good for diabetes page 3

sting is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutton View Post
    So what you're saying is tha AGEs damage insulin response and therefore the bodies ability to metabolise carbohydrate?
    If your asking me? i don't really know much about AGE's besides what i read about cooking foods etc but not really about body how it works, so i wouldn't know how to answer.

But anything the raises ones blood sugar damages insulin response

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sting View Post
    Avoid carbs limit protein to around 15-20% of your meal-diet as excess protein much the same as carbs spike (increase blood sugar)

Basically any foods that make his Blood sugar rise should be limited avoided, he should buy if he already don't have one a meter to test his BS after meals so he can tell which foods spike his BS.
    Everyone knows these things. Limit carbs, limit protein.... eat what? Just fat? Don't eat?

There was a study that showed Australian Aborigines who had diabetes that moved into the wild and recovered within a month. I'd like to learn which secrets are most important there. I doubt they were gorging on butter or marrow for most of the time.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    Everyone knows these things. Limit carbs, limit protein.... eat what? Just fat? Don't eat?

There was a study that showed Australian Aborigines who had diabetes that moved into the wild and recovered within a month. I'd like to learn which secrets are most important there. I doubt they were gorging on butter or marrow for most of the time.
    I bet the "secret" was nothing more than the elimination of overly processed and chemical laden foods.

Mutton is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutton View Post
    So what you're saying is tha AGEs damage insulin response and therefore the bodies ability to metabolise carbohydrate?
    Sorry, that was directed at Chocotaco, but I'd like to hear from anyone who has an opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    Eat high fat diet with protein veggies salad, regarding how much it all depends how insulin sensitive one is, the best way to find this is is too usually tests foods before and after you eaten them - and see how much they spike you (increase your blood sugar) some foods might spike someone a lot, while another less meaning he can eat it while the other shouldn't, or less while fruits are tricky, some spike some not, as some say fructose don't show up on a blood glucose meter but with some fruits it does)

Basically eat/try whatever you want but after doing a BS test the meter will tell you if you should be eating it or not, some foods that you should not eat like carby popcorn but some find that adding a lot of butter lessens the spike, so this can be done with other carby foods, not all though.

Recover or lower their blood sugar is a big difference, eat carbs rise insulin >> don't eat carbs lower insulin, did they recover or lower their blood sugar reading? I would think the later.
    Last edited by sting; 06-16-2013 at 02:58 AM.

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    There is so much pseudoscience and factoids presented as fact on this forum it's ridiculous. No macronutrient is inherently good or bad for everyone or no one at all, and when you break it down into all of the people with other varying diseases, allergies, intolerances, activity levels, genetic predispositions, gene expressions, environmental factors, gut bacteria, stress, medications, lean body mass, specific foods, and hormonal health, it gets even more complicated. There are general guidelines that apply to the general population, but it's always best to customize your diet like everything else. There are no absolutes in the human diet other than we all need certain known micronutrients; to what degree and from which sources is debatable and customizable.

Context and dosage, again and again. You know what's good for diabetics? Consistently doing what works for each individual one.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

I just visited the diabetes forums and they have hidden all my posts and threads i so all the members cant read them, seriously this is getting ridiculous!
    Last edited by sting; 06-16-2013 at 06:42 AM.

From the American Diabetes Association Website

Myth: People with diabetes should eat special diabetic foods.

Fact: A healthy meal plan for people with diabetes is generally the same as a healthy diet for anyone – low in fat (especially saturated and trans fat), moderate in salt and sugar, with meals based on whole grain foods, vegetables and fruit. Diabetic and "dietetic" foods generally offer no special benefit. Most of them still raise blood glucose levels, are usually more expensive and can also have a laxative effect if they contain sugar alcohols.

Myth: If you have diabetes, you should only eat small amounts of starchy foods, such as bread, potatoes and pasta.

Fact: Starchy foods are part of a healthy meal plan. What is important is the portion size. Whole grain breads, cereals, pasta, rice and starchy vegetables like potatoes, yams, peas and corn can be included in your meals and snacks. The key is portions. For most people with diabetes, having 3-4 servings of carbohydrate-containing foods per meal is about right. Whole grain starchy foods are also a good source of fiber, which helps keep your gut healthy.
    Diabetes Myths - American Diabetes Association

Drumroll is offline Senior Member

Relax. It's the ADA. Yes, they give shitty advice.

You don't even have to think diabetics need to be low carb to know THAT much.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post

Relax. It's the ADA. Yes, they give shitty advice.

You don't even have to think diabetics need to be low carb to know THAT much.
    That's why i posted it, newbies don't, I had a lady who's BS is around 200+ on most days tell me, diabetics can eat cakes, I'm not kidding being honest, i think she seen on Tvs where they tell them to eat sweets, but she's not type 1 she also said regarding lard fats that they raise Blood sugar.

Newbies Google and read their website, and start eating that way.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast