Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Carbohydrate is good for diabetes page 2

Nekron is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I wonder if your brain is able to process the fact that bad things can happen in the human body that are actually NOT caused by oxidation. That is such a middleschool way to look at health, its almost hilarious to watch.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekron View Post
    I wonder if your brain is able to process the fact that bad things can happen in the human body that are actually NOT caused by oxidation. That is such a middleschool way to look at health, its almost hilarious to watch.
    And what does that have to do with the topic of this thread? Would you also like to bring up how red cars are "deadlier" than green cars because they're involved in more accidents? It's just as relevant to the topic at hand.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

sting is offline Senior Member
    ChocoTaco369 any carby food spikes blood sugar a carb food on its or even just cucumbers say for example spike BS, a watermelon or grapes sends it through the roof, so the more times you increase BS the likely one is to get insulin sensitivity and diabetes over time.

Once someone is diabetic carbs are just a no no, as every time they are eaten the diabetics BS rises which causes fat deposits and weight gain

If you give a diabetic a really healthy meal like a a salad, cucumbers tomato onion for example she/he will get a BS spike and all they are eating is a fresh salad.
    Last edited by sting; 06-15-2013 at 11:27 PM.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    Probably accurate.

The Advanced Glycation End Product, N-(Carboxymethyl)lysine, Is a Product of both Lipid Peroxidation and Glycoxidation Reactions

A very interesting study showing the AGE production in the body when comparing glucose to linoleate (mostly found in nuts and seed oils) and arachidonate (omega 6 mostly found in animal fats).

It appears it is far less stressful on the body to metabolize sugar than it is fat from nuts or bacon. Sugar is similar to burning MUFA as fuel, it would appear. If you're okay with olive oil, you should be fine with potatoes.
    You're leaving out the fact that the body adapts to some stresses, and some stresses produce greater fitness of the body (including your metabolism).

I would like to hear more about diabetes though. My uncle has it, and I would do anything to help heal him.

Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post

I would like to hear more about diabetes though. My uncle has it, and I would do anything to help heal him.
    Avoid carbs limit protein to around 15-20% of your meal-diet as excess protein much the same as carbs spike (increase blood sugar)

Basically any foods that make his Blood sugar rise should be limited avoided, he should buy if he already don't have one a meter to test his BS after meals so he can tell which foods spike his BS.

Maybe Mark can add a diabetes forum section here for those eating paleo, like some of the other forums Low carb friends for example

Btw that forums sucks, as soon as you question low carb on that forum the comments get deleted, i asked a ketosis question which was a little against being low carb, but basically just wanted to get opinions and maybe they could explain why the theory i read elsewhere was wrong but instead they just deleted the thread.

I find it poor form that if someone wants to ask a question when they are not sure about something re diet, but instead the question gets deleted.

I asked a different question few days later, thread got deleted and my account closed lol
    Last edited by sting; 06-16-2013 at 01:41 AM.

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sting View Post
    Avoid carbs limit protein to around 15-20% of your meal-diet as excess protein much the same as carbs spike (increase blood sugar)

Basically any foods that make his Blood sugar rise should be limited avoided, he should buy if he already don't have one a meter to test his BS after meals so he can tell which foods spike his BS.

Maybe Mark can add a diabetes forum section here for those eating paleo, like some of the other forums Low carb friends for example

Btw that forums sucks, as soon as you question low carb on that forum the comments get deleted, i asked a ketosis question which was a little against being low carb, but basically just wanted to get opinions and maybe they could explain why the theory i read elsewhere was wrong but instead they just deleted the thread.

I find it poor form that if someone wants to ask a question when they are not sure about something re diet, but instead the question gets deleted.

I asked a different question few days later, thread got deleted and my account closed lol
    they sure don't sound friendly!
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Quote Originally Posted by CarbDodger View Post
    they sure don't sound friendly!
    yeah its pretty plain

The only other diabetes forum is basically full of mods who simply don't tolerate any discussion that might be against LCHF way of eating.

They simply tell you to go elsewhere if its not LCHF there not interested and don't post threads questioning, otherwise thread will be closed comments deleted. Choco and Der would be banned I'm tipping first day as members lol

Which is bs since its good to get debate which asks questions about the diet your doing - as even if they are wrong sometimes they might just be right which means one learns.

/end rant

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    I agree. Its a massive change to ones way of thinking and eating and I'll admit prior to starting this i was full of questions myself and needed lots of information. I'm glad I came here.
    what did you ask that got up noses so bad?
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Mutton is offline Senior Member
    So what you're saying is tha AGEs damage insulin response and therefore the bodies ability to metabolise carbohydrate?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by CarbDodger View Post
    I agree. Its a massive change to ones way of thinking and eating and I'll admit prior to starting this i was full of questions myself and needed lots of information. I'm glad I came here.
    what did you ask that got up noses so bad?
    On the diabetes forum I asked pretty much the same question i asked here in the other thread, about going in and out of ketosis sometimes even like once a year as i explained our ancestors likely did while fruit season, they all said it would increase their blood sugar that day - and by doings so stuff up there numbers, which is right but wouldn't numbers go back, would one day off be so bad? I'm not sure so i tried to get some discussion going but the mods closed the thread and sent me a PM saying they are not interested in that discussion find another forum like, seriously?

I replied back asking so i am not allowed to ask any questions questioning LCHF?, which btw i agree with she didn't reply back they even told me in the thread to go elsewhere when questioning their ways of eating (LCHF)

I pointed out to them threads from 2 years ago on their forum suggested to eat high meat diet, now they have changed, doesn't this suggest one learn even them best way to learn is to ask read etc, but they closed that thread too when i said that, and I'm not kidding!

On the low carb friends forum i posted something which questions being in low carb state all year round they deleted it, basically they deleted any post which questions low carb eating.
    Last edited by sting; 06-16-2013 at 02:27 AM.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast