Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone suffering from digestive issues? page 8

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    ^I know it seems like crazy TMI (even more than discussing poop), but what food exactly did not seem digested?

Yes, if you are getting heartburn from HCL, stomach acid is not an issue. Digestive enzymes should be taken with meals. I've found they help with the "heavy" feeling I was getting with food.

If your gut never "caught up" after the constipation, it's possible things are slowed down, but 1 week would be pretty concerning.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

merehart is offline Senior Member
    I agree, one week seems long. I am going regularly again, so maybe this food is not good for me. I have been eating vlc during the week, and every sunday I refeed. Its only been the last two weeks that I have done this. Actually, it was the switch to meat only that is helping me not be constipated. Eating meat and a variety of veggies had me very constipated. Nothing helped- not chia seeds, magnesium, triphala, or anything. Switching to meat only has me going again. Last Sunday, my first refeed day, I had beans, for the first time in forever. This was a bean in my stool. Completely intact, undigested.

I feel great when I eat only meat, or small salads. But on refeed (veggie and fruit days) I feel like I don't digest things well. I also tend to overeat. I have found I need alot of fat in my meals or else I have symptoms of low blood sugar. I am currently trying to find what woe works best for me.

PS thanks for discussing poop with me!

NewPilgrim is offline Junior Member

Unhappy Bloatation Device!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Swanson View Post
    Are anyone on the forum suffering from digestive issues? I might be able to help if you let me know the problems you are having. Post questions on this thread and I will see what I can do to help.
    Thanks for this! I've been doing a strict 100% paleo diet now for a few days and am looking at this as a lifestyle, not something I plan on "going off of". that being said, I have been suffering with extreme bloating, stomach aches and have gained 5 lbs. without increasing my caloric intake. Help!

nikitakolata is offline Senior Member
    I think I need to join this thread. I'm not exactly sure when it started (probably about a year ago now), but my BMs are just not solid anymore. I have gas a lot, not constantly, but often enough. I frequently have very little warning before I need to vist the bathroom and when I go, it is just never normal. I have full out diarrhea at least once a week.

About a month ago I started drinking kefir and it seemed to help. But, if I missed even one day, I was back to loose stools. I gave up the kefir to do the fast metabolism diet and things have not been going well since then. I really have no idea what the problem is. I've tried probiotics but they did nothing. The kefir was alright, but I don't really enjoy it and it seems like a lot of extra calories that I don't need. I have cramping pretty regularly but I haven't been able to peg it to a particular food. Especially now that I have given up all added sugars, caffeine, alcohol and I'm cooking just about all of my meals at home so no bad oils. I have had rice and oats since starting the fast metabolism diet, but the symptoms I'm having don't appear to be any better or worse.

Any ideas what is going on? I'm really tired of this.

Ron_Swanson is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like IBS-D caused by possible SIBO. Follow my SIBO protocol and limit FodMaps and Resistant Starch's (potatoes, and long grain rice) for one month. You should be better then. Also to help with the diarrhea on those days take a herb called sangro de drago as long as you don't have a latex allergy.

biko is offline Senior Member
    Hi Ron, what does this sound like?

+ Lower / mid right side discomfort, sometimes dull, sometimes a bit sharp, tender areas when pressed, mostly when sitting down or bowing.
    + Morning lower / mid right back discomfort, tender areas.
    + Constipation, small separated hard lumps.
    + Bloated, hard area, also on the right, usually in the morning.
    + off and on quite some gas.
    + Gorgling stomach, when pressed air / gas moves.

My two doctors say IBS and 'IBS like'.
    Thank you.

Timthetaco Guest
    Augmentin seems to have cured my digestive problems. Now I can eat all the delicious fibrous roots and fruits I've been craving.

Just saying.

nikitakolata is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Swanson View Post
    Sounds like IBS-D caused by possible SIBO. Follow my SIBO protocol and limit FodMaps and Resistant Starch's (potatoes, and long grain rice) for one month. You should be better then. Also to help with the diarrhea on those days take a herb called sangro de drago as long as you don't have a latex allergy.
    Thanks!

I've looked through the thread and I'm not sure what the SIBO protocol is. Is it one of the IBS protocols you wrote out or something else? I need to do something, but I don't want to spend money/time doing the wrong thing if I can avoid it.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Timthetaco View Post
    Augmentin seems to have cured my digestive problems. Now I can eat all the delicious fibrous roots and fruits I've been craving.

Just saying.
    An antibiotic? I know bacteria can really play a roll in digestive issues, but that's not the case for everyone.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    An antibiotic? I know bacteria can really play a roll in digestive issues, but that's not the case for everyone.
    I think it probably is.

However, what you decide to do about your bacteria varies from person to person (as well as what bacteria they are currently colonised with).
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast